Recent Topics

Ads

[General] Morale Damage

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Tesq

Re: [General] Morale Damage

Post#41 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:22 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:41 am Iirc the original AoR morale rate was 6 base and a additonal 6 per groupmember., 6x6 maximum.
Or it was something like 10 base and an extra 4,3 per groupmember if you were grouped up. Pretty confident it was based around groupsize and acted as a motivator to group up.

I had to agree with road i remeber once to had note that in group it was faster and that there was a discrepancy between out and in group.

Ads
mogt

Post#42 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:15 am

azarael if the morale changed to 36/s, then the people just doing the morale bombing and that ist not the right. then the players zerg more and that is the faulse way.

at the current system with 10/s the people can not bombing the morale immendtatly,

Glorian

Post#43 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:32 am

mogt wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:15 am azarael if the morale changed to 36/s, then the people just doing the morale bombing and that ist not the right. then the players zerg more and that is the faulse way.

at the current system with 10/s the people can not bombing the morale immendtatly,
Actually my thoughts are the same.
Currently RvR is AoE plus Morals.
With the old rates it is only Morals.

Faster M3 and M4 is nice, but the lolly is licked with M2 after 20 seconds, or faster if you are a destro Tank. ;)
Of course yes, faster rates reduces the effictivity of Moral Pumps. As now the Difference between full moral Gear and normal Gear is just 5 seconds.

But as everyone here I'm quite excited that there is movement in that matter.
Footpatroll must be rotating right now. :lol:

Azarael

Post#44 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:35 am

Morale gain reversion is, of course, just a step. We will, collectively, balance around that afterwards.

mogt

Post#45 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:31 am

okay aza we would see, i just write my concerns

zarh

Post#46 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:36 am

Just incase i play Sorc 40 Rr 60 and using M2 Each member waiting 100 feet are taking only 80% of Dmg for 20s (use it in front and play OAE) , so using blob Vs blob and its working well for me vs a bomb.

incase we got silence spell for 3 sec around the target ....

scatterthewinds

Post#47 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:38 am

I think morale is fine as is, in both abilities available and morale generation rates.

Aurandilaz

Post#48 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:47 am

mogt wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:15 am azarael if the morale changed to 36/s, then the people just doing the morale bombing and that ist not the right. then the players zerg more and that is the faulse way.

Speak for yourself. Some people keep talking as bombing is some kind of "sin" or something that needs to be removed from game because "aoe bad", but many careers and much of the actual warband scale gameplay revolves around minmaxing your AoE outputs, AoE debuffs, buffs, snares; and yes - even morals.
Obviously many of you have little interest in playing in premade warbands and prefer smallscale, so I don't get your insistence on ensuring that warband bombing be nerfed or somehow oppressed from game and have a return to "glorious smallscale" of last years of WARs (that is, when the pop was in decline, there not enough populated guilds left to run proper guild warbands and pop kept shrinking, thus moving gameplay from warband level fighting to smallscale skirmishes as a side result).

So it's up to the devs, do they want this game to evolve towards smallscale skirmishing where morals are hardly reached, you cannot "bomb" because targets are spread and fewer in number and campaign itself is just a sideshow as you do your kiting around map hitting and running from other small groups.
Or maybe start thinking "how would this affect warband-meta/balance", who would be winners, who would be picked into the 8-8-8 setup and which morals best suit the gameplay you are seeking in that warband raid session. When the game hopefully reaches a point someday when you have 5-10 actually organized premade warband guilds on each side vying for zone dominance, you might actually see more cases of morales and their best possible tactical use be one of the main factors in deciding fights.
If Order has wbs A-B-C fighting evil Destro wbs X-Y-Z, who will be the first to "press the trigger" and make the opening move, who will be the second to respond, who will drop morals from which angle towards which other WB, who does their best to take the hit and buy others valuable time in preparing counter-bomb, who has the fastest rez train, who uses which morales to have the greatest impact on the fight and its outcome.

The fact that you nerfed (or in RoR lingo, "fixed") morals with epic slow gain rates effective out from game did not lead to golden age of warbanding, rather now you have far lower amount of guilds putting warband on the field than a year ago. Another "fix", that is, effectively nerfing Sh/SW out from warbands did not help much either. "fixed" disrupts, or why is that pug WB now full of ST WLs, ASWs and where have all the BWs gone? Obviously all these steps have done maybe little dmg to the smallsman scale fighting - possibly even improved it, but I personally would say that some of the "fixes" done over last year have had a negative effect regarding all warband-level playing in the game - which is completely fine if you have designs for dozen sixmans contributing as the main force that drives the campaign forward to the enemy city and current attitude of "bombing bad pls nerf".

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#49 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:15 am

Just a very short idea from me.
I believe that one of the things that made M2 bombing so powerful is that all the Morals are instant casts so they kinda come out of nowhere. Ofc you can try to predict the timeframe in which the enemy might have M2 up. Other games like Guild wars work a lot with ground indicators to give players a chance to react to possible AOE bombing by displaying the Area a few moments before the attack hits. Now I dont say that implementing this exact system here will work nor do i know if its even possible. But the idea of having a warning sign before the train hits you might be something thats worth thinking about.

Edit: I also liked the idea of having Moral bubbles absorb moral dmg. Maybe a warning system combined with a morale bubble could create some challenging experience, where you have to react quickly to countermorale the enemies M2 attack.

Glorian

Post#50 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:19 am

saupreusse wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:15 am Just a very short idea from me.
I believe that one of the things that made M2 bombing so powerful is that all the Morals are instant casts so they kinda come out of nowhere. Ofc you can try to predict the timeframe in which the enemy might have M2 up. Other games like Guild wars work a lot with ground indicators to give players a chance to react to possible AOE bombing by displaying the Area a few moments before the attack hits. Now I dont say that implementing this exact system here will work nor do i know if its even possible. But the idea of having a warning sign before the train hits you might be something thats worth thinking about.

Edit: I also liked the idea of having Moral bubbles absorb moral dmg. Maybe a warning system combined with a morale bubble could create some challenging experience, where you have to react quickly to countermorale the enemies M2 attack.
Good old M3 Gromril Plating was such a moral.
It was changed on life into a single Ironbreaker Damage Absorption Aura. Before that it was a group Damage Absorption although with 4600 Damage Absorption I think. So with some IBs you could soak up the Moral Drop of another Warband.