Recent Topics

Ads

[General] Morale Damage

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
adamthelc

Re: [General] Morale Damage

Post#81 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:24 am

I have a hard time seeing Morales as a problem. Maybe it's the fact that I remember the days when slayers and BWs could stack their M2s and they came with a stun.

I am not against the idea of counterplay, because it would make the game more dynamic and I think be more fun. But that doesnt mean I think morale stacking as a huge problem.

I've died to countless morale bombs even when I see them a mile away. Paralyzing nightmares and a few sorcs was always much worse than Ruin and destruction.

I am always a proponent of more people dying on both sides. If one side turtles behind a bottleneck, it's not a bad thing to give them decent tools to break it. Maybe not at the M2 level, but that is just a matter of personal taste.

This is a bit off topic but the thing that bugs me about zerg fights is they arent usually all that close. It's not uncommon for a 12v24 to end with 12 dead on 1 side and 24 alive on the other. No problem with the 24 winning every time, but I think it should end with them losing a decent amount of people. My 2 cents.

Ads
catholicism198

Post#82 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:31 am

Skullgrin wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:10 am Browsing thru this thread I've noticed quite a few people are worried that with the increased morale generation rate to 36/sec you will be able to use a morale ability every 20 seconds or so. This simply isn't true, due to the 1 minute (or more) cooldowns that all morale abilities share. Even at the current rate of 10/sec I've seen in Keep fights that you can have enough morale to use a M2 ability but cannot due to the cooldown not having yet expired.

I think that all the increased rate will do is give us more options in which morale to use, not make them massively overpowered. At any rate I look forward to seeing what effect the change will have. :P
The real concern is that the increased morale rate will give more people easier/quicker access to morale bombs- Right now it's only BW and to a lesser extent Marauders, but once the change is made, more people will be able to drop their M4s. With the changes, you can expect to see more Sorcs dropping Paralyzing Nightmares.

Morales are fun- they have nice visuals, but there's no denying that morale bombing will be more of an issue... The more I think about it- the more I'm in favor of a morale damage immunity timer.

roadkillrobin

Post#83 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:36 am

Would it be possible to add a pinned morale bar, like the HP bars, to every character?
Then you could actually see what your oponent and friendlys morale rates would be.
I've sugested this in the past aswell.

Tesq

Post#84 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:30 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:36 am Would it be possible to add a pinned morale bar, like the HP bars, to every character?
Then you could actually see what your oponent and friendlys morale rates would be.
Even if it was the case it would.still go into the the awareness style, it wont change much rather than make you escape when you see someone with morales up , till you will get **** anyway from engi/magus pull.

There are counters and coutercounter alredy present.im game ( spread vs pulls) fior some things. But.you have to Touch sensible morales anyway at this point , the istant + math component and the simple requirement of comm + group play should not give a cheap (m2), free swooping floor vs open wb or whatever have the unluck to be in range or pulled.

@all , Both side should work for kills first, and work for stay alive later. Aka harder to kill and easier to stay alive and always offer counterplay, if any had played gw2 would understand that that game had the total opposite of war in term of ttk and group endourance and that was / is warhammer forte not gw2 one.

Morales shake too much that ttk settings and will even more.

To ppl arguing pro op morales, those same morales you are defending.are the same preventing you from break bottleneck sich which they would be with.Crow controll and def m4 and they would aswell be more fair for both sides.

You wanna keep offensive morales ok, we get it but you will see when patch go live that in that state,that is.not substainable. And not healty for the game.

Acidic

Post#85 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:51 am

Hopefully the test time for increased moral rates will be limited as unorganized players will feel this more than those in organized groups. And remember the unorganized players tend to vote with their feet when they are instant killed.

That said it also would be worth testing removing damage morals at the very least the instant aoe ones.

roadkillrobin

Post#86 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:22 am

Spoiler:
Tesq wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:30 am
roadkillrobin wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:36 am Would it be possible to add a pinned morale bar, like the HP bars, to every character?
Even if it was the case it would.still go into the the awareness style, it wont change much rather than make you escape when you see someone with morales up , till you will get **** anyway from engi/magus pull.

There are counters and coutercounter alredy present.im game ( spread vs pulls) fior some things. But.you have to Touch sensible morales anyway at this point , the istant + math component and the simple requirement of comm + group play should not give a cheap (m2), free swooping floor vs open wb or whatever have the unluck to be in range or pulled.

@all , Both side should work for kills first, and work for stay alive later. Aka harder to kill and easier to stay alive and always offer counterplay, if any had played gw2 would understand that that game had the total opposite of war in term of ttk and group endourance and that was / is warhammer forte not gw2 one.

Morales shake too much that ttk settings and will even more.

To ppl arguing pro op morales, those same morales you are defending.are the same preventing you from break bottleneck sich which they would be with.Crow controll and def m4 and they would aswell be more fair for both sides.

You wanna keep offensive morales ok, we get it but you will see when patch go live that in that state,that is.not substainable. And not healty for the game.
Was thinking that if Morale bars were showing and Morale Boubles would Absorb Morale damages then there would actually be some sort of Morale damage subgame interaction, coz you could respond by seing M2-M4 rates by poping Absorbs to prolong the engagement. Right now Morales are basicly just a guessing game.

delcon

Post#87 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:14 am

I like the idea of a moral gain bar that all can see I can see a benefit there , espesh for wb management , even better for pug bands as no comms,

I still have an issue with moral drain with only 1faction having access to it on an aoe other than m4 solar flare ,
Also. With the pouncing aoe squigs now give destro another melee wb class and an option to break order backlines , I like the class but have concerns over faction imbalance on a wb scale ,
Des melee train vs order rdps has a hard time stopping the red tide as it is so changing bw m2 from insta damage to channeled imo is a bad idea ,
And will just result in creating kiting wb,s till m4 and a style of rvr that allot of people would not like ,

Acidic

Post#88 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:43 am

Even better for pug wb , you obviously found more structured pug wb than those I have, lots new to class and mechanizing , no guards on dps and you think they would watch for moral bar on their enemy :) but even if they do option for pug is run or die

Ads