Recent Topics

Ads

[AM/Sham] Asuryan and Gork Trees [Close Date Aug 14]

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Telen
Suspended

Re: [AM/Sham] Asuryan and Gork Trees [Close Date Aug 14]

Post#91 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:39 am

Sigimund wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:36 am AM in RoR has more mobile healing than it used to.
Lifetaps for both were stationary. That changed for both. Shaman still has the better mobility in its healing tree and tactics. AM has better mobility in its dps tree. Its clear from the four 13pt abilities. AM stationary heal mobile dps. Shaman stationary dps mobile heal. If the AM 13pt is to be a cast then they lost mobility anyway.

Ads
catholicism198

Post#92 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:03 pm

What burst?
The only real burst damage they do comes from-->Brain Bursta+Big Waaagh!+Bunch o' Waaagh, which AM's have access to. If you're thinking Brain Bursta + Da Waaagh! is Coming then you'd be wrong because there is hardly any "combo/burst potentional" there. At most, it saves you 0.5 seconds of flight time, but that ability deals less damage. Again, at most. ...and 'ere we go...that does, at most, about one dot tick's worth of damage.

If the Shaman did have better burst, then they'd be able to melt targets faster than an AM, but that's far from the case.

Gork's Barbs stuff, I don't think they'll remove it- no reason to do so.

Irrelevant stuff:
Spoiler:
As far as mobility, both classes are very mobile due to the changes that RoR made- it's not just the life taps, they also buffed Gork'll Fix It!/Healing Energy. ...and in what universe is Pass it On a good tactic? This thread is about Gork/Asuryan not Mork/Isha, so it's all irrelevant anyways.

ferraz19

Post#93 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:24 pm

AM is way outperforming the Shaman when it comes to DPS.
With out question. The ability of Shamans burning down a target is laughable compared to the AMs.
This recent change to Fury of da green and ill take that, etc has killed what DPS shaman was, which was still underperforming next to AM

ferraz19

Post#94 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:26 pm

the fact that AM can cleanse all shaman dots/debuffs and shamans cant when it comes to AMs is also kinda ridiculous

ferraz19

Post#95 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:27 pm

Shamans have no 160 int tactic, no strikethrough tactic, etc...
Last edited by ferraz19 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catholicism198

Post#96 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:38 pm

ferraz19 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:24 pm AM is way outperforming the Shaman when it comes to DPS.
With out question. The ability of Shamans burning down a target is laughable compared to the AMs.
This recent change to Fury of da green and ill take that, etc has killed what DPS shaman was, which was still underperforming next to AM
What? valid input from a fully geared rr80 Shaman main.
The cleanse bit is irrelevant though. DoKs and Zealots can cleanse AM dots.

I revert my old revert. I'd like to see Gork's Barbs converted into a progressive dot as it not only makes sense thematically but I also believe that it would help with the damage disparity.

Get 'n Smarter can stay in Path of Da Green...it gives DPS Shamans a reason to invest in that mastery since they don't benefit from life-tap damage anymore and it also has a weakening/debuff component that fits with one of the purposes of that mastery.

Telen
Suspended

Post#97 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:49 pm

AM had all the same changes and plenty of AMs moaned about them.
Shaman avoid the gcleanse of the WP which is a bigger benefit than those that dont play both classes realise.
Also shaman have access to one of the best assist dps debuffs in the game, as part of their rotation, and the choice of either 2 proc buffed ere we go or 15% from NBDW which can be cast after BB at 100ft to timestamp BB and BoW.

Whats the name of the 80 main? Wish people would put their characters in their sig so we can take people seriously.

ferraz19

Post#98 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:57 pm

Telen wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:49 pm
Whats the name of the 80 main? Wish people would put their characters in their sig so we can take people seriously.
Hym

Ads
ferraz19

Post#99 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:01 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:38 pm
ferraz19 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:24 pm AM is way outperforming the Shaman when it comes to DPS.
What? valid input from a fully geared rr80 Shaman main.
The cleanse bit is irrelevant though. DoKs and Zealots can cleanse AM dots.

I revert my old revert. I'd like to see Gork's Barbs converted into a progressive dot as it not only makes sense thematically but I also believe that it would help with the damage disparity.

Get 'n Smarter can stay in Path of Da Green...it gives DPS Shamans a reason to invest in that mastery since they don't benefit from life-tap damage anymore and it also has a weakening/debuff component that fits with one of the purposes of that mastery.
Shaman vs Am 1v1, youre gonna tell me that its not OP af that 1 can cleanse eveything while the other cant? :)
make it so both cant or both can imo

catholicism198

Post#100 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:07 pm

The people that need to know who my characters are- know who my characters are.

I try to avoid making suggestions for classes that I do not at least an r40rr40 character- with the exception being my DoK and Sorcerer- both of which I rerolled.

It's not a 1v1 game...so him being able to cleanse your dots is irrelevant. Everything else is.