Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Firestorm

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.

Poll: Should Magus Firestorm:

Be spammable with Wild Changing BUT have its snare component removed
56%
Stay as it is (snare component with a cooldown)
44%
Total votes: 57

Aerogath
Suspended

Re: [Magus] Firestorm

Post#21 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:07 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:59 pm
Aerogath wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:53 pm There would be a better poll like why is there no healer cap for sc's , a minimum for atleast 1 real tank. This right here makes absolute no sense actually because there much bigger problems.

Or that Dps ams need much higher casttimes because they kill you in 3 seconds where other classes cast one time.
This is the discussion that I have brought forward. If you don't like it, then await other discussions pertaining to classes that you mentioned (if deemed necessary). Anecdotal stuff like your last sentence has no plac, and I will be issuing out warnings for people that deliberately sidetrack the intended route of the discussion (to find out what you guys prefer of the two options listed for one class).

Cheers.
The problem is that the important balance discussions are always cast aside.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#22 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:27 pm

This is literally the first time I have attempted this form of discussion, hence why I opted for a very simple question/poll to test the waters.

Rest assured that other, more complex matters will be brought to community's attention so that Dan and I can gauge the public's views on X, Y and Z.

Anyway: I would prefer it if comments remained pertinent to OP.

phononHYPE

Post#23 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:20 pm

I feel torn on this one, as on one hand I don't want some Sorc/BW keep clone just spamming their aoe. And I like the snare, as magus has so many tools in their tool-box I think that aspect of it fits the theme. If we keep the snare, then the Sorc spamming Pit can nail those in the snare, so we work together and not just try to do the same thing over a larger area (with both just having some aoe).

I vote to keep the snare. Also, don't restrict LOS please.

(also also bring back Fireworm of Tzeentch, but that is a separate post I'm sure).

~Cassini
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ramasee

Post#24 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:30 pm

I voted no cooldown. Spammable AoE CCs with no immunities belong nowhere (not even on a tank). I also do not have a magus, and never had (engi man), so that should lessen the weight of my vote.

But I honestly would rather see the ability changed for more flavor. Like the person above me, I feel that this would just be spammable pit of shades. Perhaps proccing shorter casts on single target, or buffing the movement speed of allies that run through it. Fire and forget with it randomly moving directions afterwards. Or whatever else clever people come up with.

But spammed pit of shades is better than Specially Processed Aether Mobility reductions

neutrino

Post#25 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:35 pm

It's fine. Leave it alone. Moving it to changing did make the changing tree more purely aoe and havoc more single target. However what you did in the process is take away what would be a stronger indigo from changing that was used as a finisher. I don't usually like speccing points in various trees as much. The strong single target cast that is left is rend wind.

Focus on something more important like shorter cast times and faster dot ticks.
Make the flamer mechanic for the damage bonus around the pet for all pets so we don't always have to stand next to the damn thing. Or at least provide some ability to not have to nerf 40% of a magus damage while kiting. Get rid of pet cast times and make them insta cast without having to waste a tactic.
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!

Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Post#26 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:40 pm

i like this
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

Zxul

Post#27 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:19 pm

neutrino wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:35 pm Focus on something more important like shorter cast times and faster dot ticks.
Make the flamer mechanic for the damage bonus around the pet for all pets so we don't always have to stand next to the damn thing. Or at least provide some ability to not have to nerf 40% of a magus damage while kiting. Get rid of pet cast times and make them insta cast without having to waste a tactic.
Point though, then we would get "nerf magus" cries, while atime pet lack of mobility balances magus. Also, on my magus (daemonology/change) I found CA to be very worth the tactic slot.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

catholicism198

Post#28 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:02 pm

OTish: I'm still in favor of mirroring Fireball Barrage. :D

Ads