Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Firestorm

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.

Poll: Should Magus Firestorm:

Be spammable with Wild Changing BUT have its snare component removed
56%
Stay as it is (snare component with a cooldown)
44%
Total votes: 57

peterthepan3

[Magus] Firestorm

Post#1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:23 am

This poll will be open for 3 days, and will close on the 21st of September at 20.00 Altdorf

Note: please leave a comment justifying your vote. This will serve to help us come to a decision much more accurately, and may provide us with insight that could be valuable.

Should the Changing Magus 9-pt ability, Tzeentch's Firestorm, be spammable - but have its snare component removed - if the tactic 'Wild Changing' is taken? Or should we keep it as it is?

Reason for advocating removal of snare if made spammable: Having access to a permanent AoE snare from ranged is overkill on any class - not least a RDPS - and such a form of CC should only really be in the hands of a tank. However, if the snare were to be removed, I do not see a reason why this ability (assuming you have purchased the Wild Changing tactic) should have a CD - given its placement and the tactic slot investment.

Ads
Pkunk

Re: [Magus] Firestorm

Post#2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:31 am

With the change to dismount when moving ram, the only reason for not having firestorm spammable is gone. Removing the snare will also stop Magi from annoying wb's by giving order immunity in wb fights.

Its clear that the dps from firstorm got some kind of stealth nerf as it don't hit as it used to. Before I was at 1k int, now I am deep into soft cap 1127 but I hit harder before the change with 1k int. With that in mind, I see no reason for it not being spammable.

Sigimund

Post#3 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:32 am

Does snare grant immunities?

Pkunk

Post#4 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:33 am

Sigimund wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:32 am Does snare grant immunities?
Should do against snares?

edit; I may be wrong but cannot remember that I could perma slow down ppl. Even so I used it to kill ppl, not slow them down.

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:42 am

Pkunk wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:33 am
Sigimund wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:32 am Does snare grant immunities?
Should do against snares?

edit; I may be wrong but cannot remember that I could perma slow down ppl. Even so I used it to kill ppl, not slow them down.
It could be used to permasnare people if they didn't have any abilities that counter snares (Focused Mind/MDPS snare immunity) active.

CoffeeForAll

Post#6 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:51 am

I am entirely against having abilities from masteries be spammable. They are in my opinion, there to add to the core of the class, not to be a replacement.

I would however advocate adding a direct line of sight to firestorm, and making the cast while moving, a benefit of the wild changing tactic.

wdesu

Post#7 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:26 pm

I don't have a problem with spammable FS. Why shouldn't be there mastery abilities that can be spammable assuming you have to buy a tactic for this?
Also, FS perma-snare is only perma-snare for targets in 20ft area. It (probably) takes less than 6 seconds to get across a 20ft area while being snared by 20%, so it would be hard or impossible for one magus to perma-snare some specific person. I would rather it be changed to %chance to snare, but removing snare component completely won't ruin the ability.
I vote for the first option.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:27 pm

The Firestorm is the only thing Change magus can do usefull. The dmg is not overpowered and his dmg is instantly cancelled if you kill his daemon because respawning gives you an instant loss of all stacks you have. He is a pure Cake what means if you get him in melee its over for him. there is absolutely nothing to change.

Ads
Tesq

Post#9 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:35 pm

As said in patch note both these solutions wont do anything usefull for change mastery or magus in general. Should open instead a 13 pt masterys fix thread for magus and handle that with brainstorming and test stuff internally. Pick firestorm with or without snare is just riductive for the issue at hand which is change mastery being poor of tools. Leave it the way it is it's not usefull for the mastery but only for deamonology, remove snare make it useless for everything since magus spamming rend wind still doing better than spamming firestorm with no snare....have an aoe spam on 13 pt is not an alternative for magus to rend wind even if you wanna move it in the aoe department. Change is a st mastery which use aoe pressure to hide the real aoe dmg

Where :

ok st smg is = x st dmg + aoe dmg from dots + healdebuff

So that the way to fix st change dmg is subtrack from a ideally ok st class overall dmg the aoe dots dmg then add heal debuff and /or st dmg more on rend wind to make the mastery worth

Other solution to keep the snare may involve to have flamer alive or you have x stacks from the pet tought.
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Zxul

Post#10 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:41 pm

Firestorm is already castable on the move, and snares do not give immunities.

Voted to spammable, since from personal experience its only real use is during keep attack/def- magus has better abilities to cast in other situations- and since while spamming it isn't going to kill anyone by itself, it is some alternative to going sniper spec.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh