Recent Topics

Ads

[Declined] Tanks Guard to require shield.

For proposals that have been rejected.
navis

[Declined] Tanks Guard to require shield.

Post#1 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:01 am

I apologize in advance if this topic is closed already. I have read almost all the topics here so as far as I can tell now this subject hasn't been discussed.

Issue #1
Tanks being overly attractive in group because of lucritive defensive/offensive make-up. eg melee-train. No sacrifce to guard an ally which in groups are able to deliver high dps while also easily shutting down healers.
Tanks seemingly invlunerable in melee-chain combination, including gaurded ally.

Proposal
Option 1 - In order for a tank to use Guard a shield must be equipped.
(other possible balancing solution to reduce DPS output of tank who is actively gaurding X)
Option 2 - reduce chance to defend (parry/disrupt/block) incoming attacks to themselves. (guardrding a ally makes them easier to hit)
Option 3 - DPS reduction or chance to melee crit while guarding.

Since live already tried option one, I am leaning towards option 2, or 2 and 3.

In my own opinion this hasn't been a huge issue with RoR so much previously, but now I have noticed some tanks are achieving incredible results IMO. Without going into other Ability discussions here in a nut shell this would work great to bring offensive capability of tanks down when running with a guarded target. The ease-of-use (base skill requirement) makes certain classes both able to perform well on their own and give a ally a massive defense increase. Tanks are able to shut down dps almost complete running with high chance to defend, very low chance to be crit, and sacrifice nothing to grant a guard. Tanks effectiveness is realized when they can deliver high DPS (3 or more melee classes) to any backline healer/rdps groups.

It seems absurd to me that tanks can gaurd a target and at the same time maintain incredibly low chance to defend/chance to be crit.

Tanks have so many options as far as being able to dominate a battlefield including DPS including CC.

thanks

Ads
Penril

Re: Tanks Guard to require shield.

Post#2 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:18 pm

Declining. There are no issues with Guard.