Recent Topics

Ads

Squig Herder - I Feelz Yer pain(tactic), Behind Ya!(skill)

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
porkstar

Re: Squig Herder - I Feelz Yer pain(tactic), Behind Ya!(skill)

Post#41 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:40 pm

Stinkyweed wrote:Out of the box "spitballing" ideas for Poison Arrow:

Add a tacic to make PoisonArrer a ranged cool down increase like BadGas, AoE based around the target? Increase cooldown for recast to match BadGas

Increase damage by adding a Corp DoT similar to YerBleedin damage and duration. Like. Dot would be key

Add rKD effect - Like. Also increase cooldown to 30s?

Add a tactic that give it a 50% bypass, but it kills your pet in the process of casting and puts you on a 30sec cooldown to summon pet

Add a tactic that gives is a 50% bypass, but roots you for 2sec after cast Dislike. Too much Stinkweed

Keep as is, but make it a 150ft-ish ranged ability. LIKE

Add ranged snare AoE effect Cool

Add an initiative debuff effect, perhaps higher than NotSoFast. Like. or same amount of ini debuff but stacks?
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#42 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:07 pm

Stinkyweed wrote:Out of the box "spitballing" ideas for Poison Arrow:

Add a tacic to make PoisonArrer a ranged cool down increase like BadGas, AoE based around the target? Increase cooldown for recast to match BadGas

Destro already has 3 CD increasers, and it would take away from the uniqueness of the melee spec (read: the sole reason to use it)

Increase damage by adding a Corp DoT similar to YerBleedin damage and duration.

Add rKD effect

For a 3 second cast? Giving destro a RKD would need some serious discussion as it would alter the balance quite a lot.

Add a tactic that give it a 50% bypass, but it kills your pet in the process of casting and puts you on a 30sec cooldown to summon pet

Would it not just be simpler to make ABM - the no-pet spec - apply a 50% bypass to it? It would mean that if you want to reach SW Festering Arrow-esque damage as a SH, you'd have to give up your pet.

Add a tactic that gives is a 50% bypass, but roots you for 2sec after cast

Keep as is, but make it a 150ft-ish ranged ability.

Would kind of encroach upon the magus/engi territory and niche (the long-range, stationary RDPS)

Add ranged snare AoE effect

Add an initiative debuff effect, perhaps higher than NotSoFast
Some of your suggestions are pretty cool, but don't really make sense for an ability on a 3-second cast in a long-range ST DPS tree imo.

Teefz

Post#43 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:57 pm

Vdova wrote:Since SH class is something devs looking at(especialy path of Stabbin), I think there are also ranged abbilities which needs attention.

1st is Poison Areer from Big shooting tree. Tooltip dmg is ok, but in real life dmg mittiation is so high, that it bring its usefullnes behind Plink spam. Compared to snipe or magus bolt which has also 3s cast and contribute from weapon skill and armor debuff from turret or magus ST rezist debuff from horror pet,SHs poison arrer doesnt contribute from weapon skill nor armor debuff and also SH doesnt posses corporal debuff. From my point of view was the reason why SW recieved rezist bypasss tactic,but original devs forgot to give somethink also to SHs.
I propose change tactic: I Feelz Yer pain(50 ap if crit with big shooting abbility) in to 100% rezist bypass for Poison Areer.

2nd is Behind Ya! For its 14! mastery points requirement it doesnt bring anything special than insta cast. 10s CD, positional requirement(only from behind) and its verry low tooltip dmg(only about 45% dmg of Shadow warriors Flanking shoot which has also critical chance formula in it) makes it weak for its cost.
I propose increase its dmg value and give it some special effect(critical chance, critical dmg) to make it worth 14 mastery points.

Edit: Since SW recieved his 100% rezist bypas back, I propose mirror it to SH with same value.
I agree that Behind Ya definitely could use some form of re-work/buff. The dmg currently is laughable for a skill that high in the tree. In my personal opinion, it is not worth speccing in any spec as the positional requirement fk's up the skill animation at times resulting in no dmg output.

Poison Arrer.... Honestly I dno. I like the fact that SW's can festerbomb and it's their thing tbh. My only suggestion towards something like this would be removing I Feelz Yer Pain and replace it with re-worked Sharpened Arrers and possibly add some form of buff in there to Poison Arrer (debuff, dot or whatever). Doing this would also make Explodin' Arrer more potent going up in it's mastery tree. The re-work of Sharpened Arrers must be done though in order to make the tactic worth it over the much favored Quick shootin' tree and it's more or less mandatory tactics.

Penril

Post#44 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:35 pm

Time to lock this thread, 2 weeks have passed.

dansari

Re: [Pending Final Review] Squig Herder - I Feelz Yer pain(tactic), Behind Ya!(skill)

Post#45 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:49 pm

Review results:

Proposal rejected.

Reasoning: Behind Ya! was changed after this discussion ended. Additionally, from lead dev: "Not doing squigs until client control, it's a complex beast which I have already spent a lot of work on."
<Salt Factory>