Recent Topics

Ads

[Withdrawn] Phantom's blade

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Bozzax

Re: Phantom's blade

Post#61 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:06 pm

There are no other "parts" in your post.
I question how you see PB being a loss of dps. Obviously you wont be using it when your group has the initiative so where is the dps loss?

Rest of your post says you want all SM trees buffed. I didn't quote all of it as it was simply saying the same. You want a general SM buff.

Yep i broke it up and simplified it but I didn't omitt any "parts" arguments of you post.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Bozzax

Post#62 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:16 pm

Rebuke wrote: Defensive group utility is an underperforming aspect of the SM and valid for buffs unless they further empower meta specs. Which they wont because turning PB into a defensive group suppport ability will not increase the SM damage output (which is the main attribute to why SM is considered meta) but will result in the SM being more in line with defensive group support of IB and Knight.

Also constantly swapping blade enchants will drain you of AP which will result in you being able to execute fewer attacks which in turn will gimp said SM.
1. Buffing SMs also buff the meta. This is the game of "weakest link" and defences matter. A good example is WODS which is purely defensive but lets the meta SM to go full off while having highest avoidance of all tanks.

2. I actually played BO/BG roam setup on live a lot, a much more ap starved setup than SM/KOTBS ever will be. Out of experience using multiple bellows I know the whole AP argument and "constantly" swapping isn't accurate. It is what you would call "a smoke screen".
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Rebuke

Post#63 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:01 pm

I grow tired of this.

I withdraw my proposal. Lock thread.

shaggyboomboom

Post#64 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:01 pm

Poor Eiger...

Azarael

Post#65 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:02 pm

Withdrawn by request.

It is clear from both this topic and the previous one that some of the other SM damage tactics need to be in mastery trees to avoid "SM DPS" being brought up to shut down every thread designed to bring some group support or tank utility to the class.