Recent Topics

Ads

tank KB cd proportional to the duration.

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
TenTonHammer

Re: tank KB cd proportional to the duration.

Post#51 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:47 pm

IB already has an on demand heavy hitting knockdown with a 2H, their is no need for "special" KDs for Bg and IB

Once again I will re iterate, core Super Punts are one if the things that make BG and IB special if you remove it you will make them even LESS viable as an alternative replacement for BO/SM in parties

It is chosen and KOTBS whom don't deserve super punts

Ads
7rere7

Post#52 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:05 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:IB already has an on demand heavy hitting knockdown with a 2H, their is no need for "special" KDs for Bg and IB

Once again I will re iterate, core Super Punts are one if the things that make BG and IB special if you remove it you will make them even LESS viable as an alternative replacement for BO/SM in parties

You said "Iron breakers KD is a 10s CD, 3s duration KD that requires block

So I just went on my alt IB to see exactly what the specifics of KD ability read and it was not "KD requiring block"!

Seriously that's not tank balance because then the other tanks are going to want better knockdowns.

Yea Kotbs/chosen deserver super punts with a tactic!

Again ....BG kd should not be based on block /wep requirement and then the IB/BG having a normal single target punt with special knockdown is completely balanced!
Its not all about 6 mans ,giving four tanks and the other 2 aoe punts is really over doing it.

Tesq

Post#53 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:19 pm

7rere7 wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:IB already has an on demand heavy hitting knockdown with a 2H, their is no need for "special" KDs for Bg and IB

You said "Iron breakers KD is a 10s CD, 3s duration KD that requires block

So I just went on my alt IB to see exactly what the specifics of KD ability read and it was not "KD requiring block"!

Seriously that's not tank balance because then the other tanks are going to want better knockdowns.

Yea Kotbs/chosen deserver super punts with a tactic!

Again ....BG kd should not be based on block /wep requirement and then the IB/BG having a normal single target punt with special knockdown is completely balanced!
Its not all about 6 mans ,giving four tanks and the other 2 aoe punts is really over doing it.

man to be kind, did you even tried a BG in Orvr ?all the change that are happened to bg and punt are aimed to fix multiple problem which are not only linked to 6vs6 if you would had at least played 1 bg or IB you would know about it.
Or you would had red today patchnote regarding order stack crit meta and why a kobs was mandatory in every party etc

7rere7

Post#54 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:14 am

BG having a heal debuff /taunt always being applied, (against proper target ) with good ap drain and if knock down was changed ,(without block requirement) ,a" 5 seconds kd......why in the world would they need one a super punt regardless of circumstances.

IB the same thing ,they have tons of over time dot damage with cave win kd and heal debuff .

These two tanks also have the most OP ability in the game : Bolstering anger and grumble an mutter.

Tesq

Post#55 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:31 pm

maybe because,:

1) all these action need GCD while chosen/bo/sm/kobs have passive stuff or way to make stuff passive proc their utility with out spend GCD or way to botH self buff while useing their utility (so GCD economy) which make them performe better and also have acces to active skill like BG/IB and better /equal CD over them.

2) all these action need to hit vs most of other 4 tank buff/debuff be undefitable and 100% active.

3)less redundancy with other melee in utility such outcoming heal debuff; every we/choppa/wl/wh can do that in sc for exemple instead of more unique tools like, damage return auras, heal debuff auras and wide group damage reduction as BO/chosen/kobs have

4) the hate management is really poor regarding cost vs reward and need to be andressed in another thread for BG

5) Some tank also have more durability than others with less trade off and so performe better
1-Kobs
2-chosen +ib Bo +SM
3-bg

where the bg is the last of the tank in durability

Azygous

Post#56 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:45 am

th3gatekeeper wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote:
Spoiler:
Luuca wrote:1. The Chosen Base Punt is so weak it's not even worth using unless you can punt them the 20 feet off a cliff to their deaths. A base Chosen Punt will not move a tank out of guard range. The KotBS "Super Punt", on the other hand, requires the Knight to get FAA clearance and NASA approval each time they use it.

Also @DEVs, is there any possible way to make punt more lag friendly? I think its a server side check right now but just is BRUTAL when you constantly can never aim someone due to ping issues...
I'm in NA and I have zero problems lining up super punts on my kob and chosen. Might be from your side.

As for the original poster, the kob/chosen punts are fine as they are for the following:

1.The ranged punts don't shut down people except when there are vertical obstacles such as in Tor anroc, gates and nordland around the bridge. That's a flow with the design as any class with a super KB: IB,BG,SH can do the same.

Having said that, you can avoid being punted away from the action in gates and nordenwatch if you position your self in the right spot and away from edges. I know certain healers by name that I can never punt away. Also, resolute defense is a must for people if you see someone coming in for a punt. If they'd rather spec into critical dmg/healing or block%, well..poor planing on their part does not constitute an emergency on everyone else's.

2.Ranged punts at the 10s cooldown in kobs and chosen are a must for the class as otherwise they become even more boring to play as then their role is reduced to guard swapping since the auras require no effort. They bring no good dps or effective single target debuffs except for the extra interrupt for the kob -gotta leave your guarded target to go interrupt a healer in the backline so kinda useless-.

3.Kobs/chosen sacrifice a valuable tactic slot for the said punt. Regular punt is obviously utterly useless and no semi-decent tank runs without the tactic. It's a hindrance using the normal punt because if you're useless in punting, at least don't give the target the immunity and let someone else do your job for you.

4.IB Can bring many things that a kob can't. They can solo well, good self heal, good self and single buddy buffs, AOE snare with no immunity and no need for a tactic for it, great range on the kb without any sacrifices in the tactic slot. You can't have everything in the IB..come on.. I think they're in a good spot and people seem to enjoy them. Not so the case with the BG but nerfing other tanks is not the way to fix BGs.

5.BO have many group utilities and again the chosen doesn't have access to them. I'm not familiar with SMs but Az knows the class inside-out. If he thinks they need super single target punts he doesn't need input from us.

5.Very few PUG kobs/chosen use punt and even less use it effectively . We base the balance on good players but still, that should be considered.

6.The super punt is essential on the current cooldown where it matters..premades vs premades. It can be very easy to miss your punt given the need to position your self behind the enemy guard AND make sure the immunity isn't up AND also resolute defense isn't up. Even then, the other guard will easily swap and the healers can burst their morales through that narrow window if the guard calls being knockedback on voice.

Making the CD 20s with all these factors working against the punt is just silly and will make fights frustrating for the premades and will not effect the pug matches coz A:pug tanks rarely punt as mentioned B:Not the fault of the tank the target stands near edges and C:not the fault of the tank 99% of people don't get resolute defense. D:SMs and BO run around giving everyone immunity to punts in pugs.

I knock back targets just as effectively on my IB and SH for the above reasons.

Summary:
1.Get resolute defense -sorry but it's a must if you're queing for certain scenarios or guarding people- and I'm not directing this at the OP.
2.Tank classes can't have everything and super punts as they are are one of the few active tools kobs/chosen have.
3.I rarely que for tor anroc because the scenario is stupid and one kb from any of the numerous classes can essentially one shot you. It's the poor design of the scenario -or the fun aspect of it if you like that- and besides..tor anroc is one of the scenarios that notoriously ends up in spawn camping and wasting everyone's time. Waste of time scenario. If someone is still willing to que for this and not the numerous other scenarios, that's no reason to nerf classes.
4.Finding good tanks good at guard swapping and punts is like finding a sexy single straight guy over 30. They are rare to find coz they are either A: Married -in premades- or B:Gay -plays his/her dps/healing toons-. Given that, please don't make the already boring kobs and chosen even more boring by nerfing the punt.
Last edited by Azarael on Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Special snowflaking with formatting and colors

Luth

Post#57 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:11 pm

No formatting abuse.
Use of formatting, such as color and font size, within posts is to be restricted to where it is necessary to aid understanding or make a point. Posts made in a solid color in order to draw unjustified attention to the poster will be removed.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13607

warislove

Post#58 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:08 pm

lol@ chosen/kotbs dont deserve super punts...

IB and BG have awesome super punts, i wouldnt mind having it on my kotbs and let them have mine

could be that im wrong but BO/SM aoe punts are the ones that need attention...only way that they can be useful is for example is Gates of Ekrund when u can punt few of them of the wall but when ur on a flat surface and u punt a tank off his guarded target hes back on it in half a second/or punting mdps of the guy u guard to relive the pressure....

and on top of that free immunities all around

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#59 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:36 pm

warislove wrote:lol@ chosen/kotbs dont deserve super punts...

IB and BG have awesome super punts, i wouldnt mind having it on my kotbs and let them have mine
>The most over performing tanks in the game, that are soo good they are mandatory in every group shouldnt appreantly have a down side

>Remove one of the few good things on the worst faction tanks and put them on the best ones

K

warislove

Post#60 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:04 pm

well kotbs got nerfed quite a bit maybe u didnt now...i guess thats not good enough for ya...