Recent Topics

Ads

tank KB cd proportional to the duration.

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Tesq

tank KB cd proportional to the duration.

Post#1 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:15 am

This is rather than a class fix a broad change to provide tanks a better spot into the party based on their utility role

The main problem with tank KB and CD it's that kobs/chosen have a tactic which make irrellevant one of the best feature of IB/BG rendering these 2 tank obsolete.

why is a issue?
The status of the BG is well know and even if the IB is not so bad and have spot in some set up this could be greatly be improved by set rule that put in line the spam nature of the chosen/kobs tactic and also give a chance to the other tank to be in pair with 1 thing at least.

A) due the nature of the chosen/kobs tactic that lower the CD and also increase the length and so be in this way ,too much advantageous negating other 2 classes main feature.
B) there is no proportionality dividing the 3 archtype of tanks KB into the game by lengh and CD

my proposal it's to make the CD of KBs scale with the lenght which would results in something like

short: 5 sec CD*
medium: 10 sec CD*
high/very high 15 sec CD*

in what this should translate in the tanks set up?

chosen/kobs--> they would have a 5sec CD as core but when the tactic is slotted it dosne't matter what the tactic says when 1 KB is increased in lenght then it get the propper CD which mean in case of these tactics 15 sec.

BO--->similar to above these classes would have acces to a base 5 sec CD with a tactic that would make the st KB medium but with a 10 sec of CD. In the case of ya missed me the CD would still remain 20 sec Because it would also give and additional effect other than KB the target away.

IB/BG---> these 2 would have a core 15 sec of CD

PRO
-the first big change it's that if chosen/kobs want to do what bg/IB does then they must suffer form the same CD and not be able to spam better than these 2 tanks what these tanks offer as one of their best feature. Dosen't matter if they sue a tactic that have a different logic in the costruction of the class.
-the spamable nature for a KD of the lower chosen/KOBS core KB would be countered by have for every KB the same immunity actually making the better lengh KB more desirable.

CONTR
-sm lack a basic acces to a ST medium KB like the BO and would be unaffected by these changes.

why the 5 sec per bracket?
-the base it's that ib/bg KB would share teh same CD because even if the BG one is better it suffer from have a conditional and further increase the CD would had been negative rather than good for the classdue to chosen have acces to a super punt with the tactic.
-the main inequality were between the core KBs: chosen/kobs have 20 sec for a Short KB while IB/BG had 20 for a better version, this is rather disadvantageous for chosen/kobs that do not want to spec that tactic and it evolve instead in a worst case scenario when their disadvantage became a pure advatage when the tactic after had increased the lenght also reduces the CD to 10 sec beat the IB/BG Knock back.

conseguences:
-This would make the choice between core KB and tactic KB a choice of gameplay rather than mandatory and it would be balanced due give the same immunity timer.
-In simple terms this is a nerf of 5 sec CD to the chosen/kobs super punt and a buff of 5 sec to the IB/BG super punt
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Azarael

Re: tank KB cd proportional to the duration.

Post#2 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:24 am

Moved to Discussions.

Toldavf

Post#3 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:44 am

A standardisation of cool downs based on the effectiveness of individual skills? I really can not see any problem with it.

While i would say that being able to punt in a 6 man is usually more to due with who has immunity. punting while kiting is more of a case of when its off cool down.

I like this idea because it's simple, fair and will help to reduce the power of the 2 best tanks while still leaving them with viable cc.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:45 am

Anything that brings the BG KB on the same level as the KOTBS/Chosen one gets my vote (step in the right direction)

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:05 am

So equiping banish darkness and chosen equivlent would add 10s to another wise 5s punt but give them a super punt as well

a valid trade off

But this buffs BG and IB KB from 20 to 15s, i dont have a problem with that but other might, also wouldnt this require changing tooltips which the devs cant do yet?

Azarael

Post#6 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:12 am

Cooldown is less of a problem because we can override the display on the icons from the server. Only the tooltip will remain incorrect.

Ninepaces

Post#7 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:15 am

Why not just remove kobs and chosen superpunt tactics completely.

Gachimuchi

Post#8 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:40 am

Sounds like a decent change, I doubt it will cause any meta-shift tho.

I am against reduction of CD of weaker punts(SM/Blorc) however, due to how this will affect SCs. Lots of bad blorc/SMs running around spamming their Aoe punt and handing out free 30s of immunity already happens enough. Also makes it more difficult to take a keep because getting punted off the keep wall becomes more of an issue. If the duration of immunity timers was scaled with the strength of the punt I wouldn't have much of a gripe.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Ads
Sigimund

Post#9 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:48 am

It sounds good, trading some KotBS/Chosen benefit to IB/BG especially. With immunities etc will players really notice a 5s CD change to punts?

Would you handle AOE punts differently from ST punts?

Jaycub

Post#10 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:33 am

Sigimund wrote:With immunities etc will players really notice a 5s CD change to punts?
One of the most reliable ways to secure a kill in a 6v6 situation is via punt (and all the things that come after it), having a 10 sec CD punt like on knight compared to say a 20 sec one on BG is massive.

Often times you will only have 1 super punt in a group, in a controlled environment you have offensive situations where you can use punts on a tank to try and secure a kill on a DPS/Healer or the other tank. problem with punting tanks is, if you can't get directly behind them and latency willing, you have a gigantic RNG factor to deal with via avoidance. Being able to try again in 10 seconds vs 20 is huge, not to mention there are multiple targets for punt, and ways to use it defensively as well.

CC immunities were brought up, and I think it's extremely important to also work with these. Getting 30 secs of immunity for a shitty base knight punt is honestly insane, considering super punts are giving the same immunity. I think ideally immunity timers should be based on distance traveled.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>