Recent Topics

Ads

[Rejected] Engineer Vs Magus Autoattack change

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
faiden

[Rejected] Engineer Vs Magus Autoattack change

Post#1 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:18 pm

I would suggest a simple change to either magus or engineer.
At the moment engineer got a ranged and melee auto attack. However Magus only got a melee auto-attack (Staff).

The engineer auto attack can proc on hit effects and gets stronger with ballistic stat and weapon-skill.

Either remove the engineer ranged auto-attack and keep the melee attack OR give magus a ranged auto-attack based on INT.

There several other things that put engineers over magus in the DPS but this change would be a good start towards balance.
faiden@Quakenet#martys_square
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAu ... tu.be&t=73
https://www.twitch.tv/faidentv
Patch Notes 7/1/17 wrote:- Bugman's Best now heals group members instead of all allies

Ads
Azarael

Re: Engineer Vs Magus Autoattack change

Post#2 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:20 pm

Moved to Discussions.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:23 pm

If, and its a bif if, armor doesnt get any higher, you have a point.

However, as gear progresses, engineer damage plumeets as he is facing higher armor values, magus however is facing resistances as high as they will ever be and its damage will only get better with more +magic power.

So i dont see on what legs does this stand.

faiden

Post#4 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:26 pm

Well engineers can procc on hit effects that does not care about armor or resistance
faiden@Quakenet#martys_square
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAu ... tu.be&t=73
https://www.twitch.tv/faidentv
Patch Notes 7/1/17 wrote:- Bugman's Best now heals group members instead of all allies

Glorian

Post#5 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:32 pm

No need to Balance Auto Attack anymore.
Gunturret/Pink Horror Damage reduction of -75% as in Pet rebalance will bring it from 100 to 24 dps.

So it is nearly an remove.

With mitigation it could give you 12 damage every second.
Last edited by Glorian on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:32 pm

faiden wrote:Well engineers can procc on hit effects that does not care about armor or resistance
First, procs do actually care about resistances.

Second, your proposal is to give magus a ranged autoattack, if that came to pass, you would proc like him and on top of that, face much lesser defenses.

If your idea of balance is, my mirror is worse than me, yeah that would be balanced however currenlty one gets offset by the other, you want the best of both worlds.

BreezeKicker

Post#7 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:18 pm

Ranged AA on engi doesn't trigger if
  • You are moving
  • You are casting
  • You are channeling
Magus despite having no AA can achieve similar dmg on wider spectrum of targets, while dmg on engi is fluctuating a lot depending on a target.

Engi is a physical rdps = have to deal with armor. Have AA
Magus is a caster = doesn't have to deal with armor. Have no AA
Sunset-BW...(M)|Starlight-SM.
Moon-WP..........|Mayor-ENG
Vanguard-KotBs|Breeze-WL
Aryanne-WH

Leader of CNTK branch @RoR

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:28 pm

BreezeKicker wrote: Engi is a physical rdps = have to deal with armor. Have AA

Enginer have corporeal dots which are like Spiritual or Elemental damage, don't get wrong....and you still only deal with dodge, which is harder to stack than disrupt, unless you fight a Swordmaster, which is in your side.

It is impresive how people deny the obvious, enginer is far ahead 3 or 4 times better than Magus.

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:35 pm

Lektroluv wrote:Enginer have corporeal dots which are like Spiritual or Elemental damage, don't get wrong....and you still only deal with dodge, which is harder to stack than disrupt, unless you fight a Swordmaster, which is in your side.

It is impresive how people deny the obvious, enginer is far ahead 3 or 4 times better than Magus.
And all of them are widely considered fluff aoe damage that unless heavily stacked vs teams that lack healers will do nothing whatsoever.

The op argued the same bullshit that you are trying now, claiming that engineer is somehow way better, you will have to back up that claim with something that is not, its obvious, as in, a proper argument.

porkstar

Post#10 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:36 pm

I am recalling some previous options to make magus and engie raw damage performance more congruent after the range and dmg buff. Auto attacks, morales, tree adjustment, and pets were the main options. Generally mirror balancing isn't the route the team takes but with the range buff putting engie and magus into an entirely new territory, it was probably important for them to perform similarly. I feel like they both currently perform well (although I think engie is vastly easier to pug with). As previously mentioned in the thread, once new gear is introduced and people start reaching higher renowns, it may indeed be the engineer that under-performs in the brave, new world of long range DPS.

I think the reason people still think engie is so much better than magus is because with armor tactic and keg, engie is a pretty beasty pug toon and Magus just can't pug as well.
Last edited by porkstar on Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...