Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi / Magus] Loner Tactic

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.

Moderators: Balance Forum Mod, Developer, Management, Communications, Moderator, Game Master, Web Developer

User avatar
Scrilian
Posts: 1567

Re: [Engi / Magus] All by myself tactic

Post#11 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:25 am

Instant is overkill in this regard, just make it castable on the move like Lion.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Ads
User avatar
Wdova
Posts: 544
Contact:

Re: [Engi / Magus] All by myself tactic

Post#12 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:38 am

Scrilian wrote:Instant is overkill in this regard, just make it castable on the move like Lion.
It is not overkill if you consider fact, that turrets/daemons are immovable(redeploy sits on 30s CD) and White lion´s lion is crazy mobile machine with 10s CD.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+

User avatar
Glorian
Posts: 4674

Re: [Engi / Magus] All by myself tactic

Post#13 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:36 am

White Lion is 15 secs CD and you don't have three different versions you can switch.

User avatar
Wdova
Posts: 544
Contact:

Re: [Engi / Magus] All by myself tactic

Post#14 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:53 am

Glorian wrote:White Lion is 15 secs CD and you don't have three different versions you can switch.
Since I dont play neighter of those classes, I remain silent :) If engi wants all by myself tactic insted off insta cast turret without need of tactic slot, so be it. :lol:
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+

User avatar
Toldavf
Posts: 1586

Re: [Engi / Magus] All by myself tactic

Post#15 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:02 am

Look at both suggestions, they both look like they would be a heavy reduction in dps out put while the latter also increases mobility. This isn't something i think most groups would even consider.

I just can't see any group setting where you either aren't bringing as much dps as possible, or running the loldef magnet spec, In either case turrets are majorly important.

Honestly these tactics look like they are pitched from a solo play perspective, I cant see them being a buff for group play.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Image

geezereur
Posts: 383

Re: [Engi / Magus] All by myself tactic

Post#16 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:08 am

Spoiler:
Wdova wrote:
Glorian wrote:White Lion is 15 secs CD and you don't have three different versions you can switch.
Since I dont play neighter of those classes, I remain silent :) If engi wants all by myself tactic insted off insta cast turret without need of tactic slot, so be it. :lol:
I rather take the insta cast pet without tactic......
We are not interested in what you would rather take unless you explain why AND it is related to OP's proposal - Penril.

User avatar
Glorian
Posts: 4674

Re: [Engi / Magus] All by myself tactic

Post#17 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:17 pm

geezereur wrote:
Wdova wrote:
Glorian wrote:White Lion is 15 secs CD and you don't have three different versions you can switch.
Since I dont play neighter of those classes, I remain silent :) If engi wants all by myself tactic insted off insta cast turret without need of tactic slot, so be it. :lol:
I rather take the insta cast pet without tactic......
Well this is not a whishfest but an idea to give the Engi more chance of mobility.

Of cours inbuild instacast turret ability without the need of a tactic slot would be great. As well as Ability to cast the turret on the move.

The question is if this would buff Engi/magus too much.

User avatar
Jaycub
Posts: 3135

Re: [Engi / Magus] All by myself tactic

Post#18 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:12 pm

The only way for this tactic to be good is to turn it into a risk reward tactic so your damage output can be on par with a fully turret buffed engineer/magus, but you lose something else in exchange for the newly granted mobility.

For instance...

~30% increased damage with...

>negative 1250 armor and 350 resistance
>flat % increased damage taken from all sources
>reduced incoming healing
etc...

So you are essentially trading a large amount of defense for mobility with the damage staying roughly the same. The tactic would also have to disable the ability to summon turrets/demons otherwise you could just cast one to get out of trouble if you begin to get focused.

But even then you are losing range, avoidance, or DoT DPS as well as AoE KD, setback from rapid fire, armor and resistance debuffs and the summons DPS itself. So you probably have to make something like a tactic that just mimicks a full stack bonus from a certain turret, and add a very harsh penalty. It would just be some Frankenstein of a tactic.
Last edited by Jaycub on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
User avatar
Karast
Posts: 552

Re: [Engi / Magus] All by myself tactic

Post#19 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Jaycub wrote:The only way for this tactic to be good is to turn it into a risk reward tactic so your damage output can be on par with a fully turret buffed engineer/magus, but you lose something else in exchange for the newly granted mobility.

For instance...

~30% increased damage with...

>negative 1250 armor and 350 resistance
>flat % increased damage taken from all sources
>reduced incoming healing
etc...

So you are essentially trading a large amount of defense for mobility with the damage staying roughly the same. The tactic would also have to disable the ability to summon turrets/demons otherwise you could just cast one to get out of trouble if you begin to get focused.
The negative aspect of the tactic is the loss of turrets themselves. They provide a tremendous amount of not only damage but utility, and suriviability. Running with the tactic just turns a massive loss into a more manageable one. Increasing the damage you take completely guts the intended purpose, and skews the risk way too far in the negative spectrum.

Penril
Posts: 4445

Re: [Engi / Magus] All by myself tactic

Post#20 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:42 pm

2 weeks have passed. Locking.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests