Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Assault

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
footpatrol2

Re: SW: Assault Tree

Post#31 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:31 am

wrote something, it was already stated earlier so self moderated.

Ads
Manatikik

Post#32 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:08 pm

Toldavf wrote:Ailing condition might as well be condition less, as you have a good array of ailment you can apply before even reaching melee.

A disorient might actually prove interesting with swift strikes in it's current form, although probably next to impossible as it means you would have to be in the back line.
Well isn't that the point? It gives Swift Strikes a need damage bump and encourages/reinforces the proper play of a ASW of weaving in and out of ranged/melee.

I'm all for giving it a second condition but I can't think of a good enough condition that makes it viable in most situations.
<Montague><Capulet>

dansari

Post#33 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Yep - I vote to give it an Ailing condition so it opens it up to counterplay, which I think is important. With that, I think it's a solid filler for the Assault rotation. That being said, the original post was opened on the 3rd so I imagine this will get moved to internal discussions soon. I appreciate all the feedback provided to make Assault tree more viable.
<Salt Factory>

Toldavf

Post#34 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:24 pm

dansari wrote:Yep - I vote to give it an Ailing condition so it opens it up to counterplay, which I think is important. With that, I think it's a solid filler for the Assault rotation. That being said, the original post was opened on the 3rd so I imagine this will get moved to internal discussions soon. I appreciate all the feedback provided to make Assault tree more viable.
Not really much counter play I would not agree with that statement at all given that cleanse has a 5 second cd and at least 3 of the instant cast shadow warrior ailments have no cool down at all.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

peterthepan3

Post#35 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:32 pm

Nothing wrong with draw blood tbh. Maybe it should hit significantly harder.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#36 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Even on asw i never used draw blood. Your other two dots are on the target anyway, why would i need a 3rd ailment when my time in melee should be very limited in the first place? Waste of gcd imo.

peterthepan3

Post#37 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:39 pm

Because it costs less AP, does more damage than broadhead per tick, and helps cover up healdebuff when you need to reapply it.

Out of interest: does draw blood use strength or ballistic? If the former, then it should definitely deal more damage than the other two dots - especially when one assumes a normal Assault/Skirm spec, i.e. almost max'd out Assault.

Manatikik

Post#38 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:14 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Because it costs less AP, does more damage than broadhead per tick, and helps cover up healdebuff when you need to reapply it.

Out of interest: does draw blood use strength or ballistic? If the former, then it should definitely deal more damage than the other two dots - especially when one assumes a normal Assault/Skirm spec, i.e. almost max'd out Assault.
Between Acid arrow, BHA, SS, and Eye Shot you REALLY shouldn't have trouble keeping SS up on a target.

Though if Draw Blood did reasonable damage i might use it.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Toldavf

Post#39 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:51 pm

It's worth noting draw blood is on par with other melee dots.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Manatikik

Post#40 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:14 am

Toldavf wrote:It's worth noting draw blood is on par with other melee dots.
Yea but why would I use Draw Blood instead of SS which gives me more damage and a heal-debuff? If the point of ASW is to go in and out of range/melee then stacking DoTs as a main source of damage is counter-intuitive; i'd rather Grim Slash with tactic as an opening melee attack which will increase my damage more than Draw Blood will.
<Montague><Capulet>