Recent Topics

Ads

[SL] No Escape

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Scrilian

[SL] No Escape

Post#1 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:40 am

1. Identify the issue
Lack of utility available for the 2h weapon and tools to deal with ranged.

2. Explain why it's an issue
The current 2h builds are lackluster in comparison to their DW counterparts and are often seen just as smallscale SC oriented and require heavy support to be even viable. The upside of using DW is not that significant as being able to use HTL for tanks, so the choice between 2h-DW should not be that strict. Rarely seen anyone actually play 2h in the open fields of RvR as Slayer as it is already suffers a lot from this RDPS heavy meta.

3. Propose a viable solution to the problem

Remove the DW requirement attached to No Escape
This is a small step in the right direction, opens up a few options for the specs utilizing 2h, with possible further loosening up the strict restrictions to weapons of choice.
This semi-reliable snare should provide more utility for the class in both smallscale and even in RvR. Exhausting your rage is a downside since it leaves you in green, reducing your damage significantly or forces a tactic slot.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Ads
Penril

Re: [Slayer] No Escape

Post#2 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:33 pm

Moving to Discussions.

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:40 pm

Spoiler:
While i do agree with this change i just want to confirm that this will also then be applied to choppas Wots Da Rush?
We are not discussing Choppas, though I am sure they will be discussed internally (or in another proposal if someone makes one).

Reesh

Post#4 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:58 pm

It might help a bit, but overall the skill is still medicore and unreliable.
Yet, that change won't bring much to the table and for sure won't make sl imba by any sort so I agree with op proposal. It might open a few more strategic builds for 2h users.

Scrilian

Post#5 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:22 am

But even greyed out it still can be used, right?
I don't mind on choppas receiving this buff too, but can't comment on it since I don't have a r40 one.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#6 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Torquemadra wrote:Won't work, the requirement is set in client and will remain greyed out for 2h use
Is there database support for 'passive procs' within the game client, or script support for abilities on the server side?
A potential idea could be this:

While dual wield & this ability is trained: Normal functionality. None of the below is active.

While 2h & this ability is trained: Passive proc, can only proc once per 30 seconds. Only procs while berserk or furious. Slows targets in AOE for 10 to 40% for 5 seconds. Reduces rage by half of your current rage when procs. Unusable as an activated ability due to client / server enforced restriction.

Toldavf

Post#7 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:06 am

I don't think it will help increase the number of 2 handed slayers. Assuming you spec giant slayer your off tree will always be troll slayer so that you can at a minimum take deep wound, so this change will do nothing to make 2 handed slayer more attractive.

The true problem with the slayer plat style is that skaven slayer provides the most single target damage, while giant slayer is clunky and even squishier due to the amount of rage drops required and the requirement of tactics to actually make the tree usable.

It has always been an important part of the slayer/chopper play style to manage rage properly to get the most out of the classes. Currently you aren't allowed to do that with abilities in giant.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Penril

Post#8 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:14 pm

Time to lock.

Ads