Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] - Black Horror

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
dansari

Re: Sorc - Black Horror

Post#11 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:51 am

This is kind of irrelevant to conversation, but can I get clarity on the conq set bonus you're referring to? My understanding is that it does not proc off of AOE damage, like you say it does.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#12 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:47 am

dansari wrote:This is kind of irrelevant to conversation, but can I get clarity on the conq set bonus you're referring to? My understanding is that it does not proc off of AOE damage, like you say it does.
It's the stat debuff/buff proc, specifically in this case the initiative reduce/ballskill increase on SH. And afaik all procs without ICD proc off AoE.
Rip Phalanx

Cimba

Post#13 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:19 pm

How about disrupt strikethrough on BH? That would have the benefit that every sorc would have to weigh if the additional disrupt strikethrough of BH is worth the reduced damage compared to SS?

In addition to a debuff it would also mean that multiple sorcs run BH. Instead of just one debuffing and the rest is doing business as usual.

lefze
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:29 pm

Cimba wrote:How about disrupt strikethrough on BH? That would have the benefit that every sorc would have to weigh if the additional disrupt strikethrough of BH is worth the reduced damage compared to SS?

In addition to a debuff it would also mean that multiple sorcs run BH. Instead of just one debuffing and the rest is doing business as usual.
Make it something other than a 3 sec cast and it's gonna be useful for sure, maybe even great if it's somewhere between instant and 1.5 sec cast. 3 second cast times without access to flashfire is ridiculous no matter how useful the skill could be when cast successfully.
Rip Phalanx

Cimba

Post#15 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:33 pm

lefze wrote:
Cimba wrote:How about disrupt strikethrough on BH? That would have the benefit that every sorc would have to weigh if the additional disrupt strikethrough of BH is worth the reduced damage compared to SS?

Make it something other than a 3 sec cast and it's gonna be useful for sure, maybe even great if it's somewhere between instant and 1.5 sec cast. 3 second cast times without access to flashfire is ridiculous no matter how useful the skill could be when cast successfully.
Torque already stated that altering cast times is currently not possible for BH. Which means, you can discuss the benefit of reduced cast times as much as you want but it's not going to happen anytime soon.
That leaves us with alternative solutions to make BH useful in the meantime or do nothing and wait for client control and hope a cast time reduction makes it on the bucket list. Personally I dont care, I wouldn't touch the sorc with a ten feet pole in their current state anyway.

lefze
Suspended

Post#16 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:35 pm

Cimba wrote:
lefze wrote:

Torque already stated that altering cast times is currently not possible for BH. Which means, you can discuss the benefit of reduced cast times as much as you want but it's not going to happen anytime soon.
That leaves us with alternative solutions to make BH useful in the meantime or do nothing and wait for client control and hope a cast time reduction makes it on the bucket list. Personally I dont care, I wouldn't touch the sorc with a ten feet pole in their current state anyway.
Currently not possible no, but what's the point of changing anything in terms of balance for the duration of an alpha if it's gonna have to changed eventually anyways? At any rate, I believe he stated it was impossible to make it instant, not to reduce cast time, might have meant both are impossible. And I believe they have replaced skills on other characters earlier, I find it hard to believe there is litterally no way to fix the issue.
Rip Phalanx

Aurandilaz

Post#17 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:17 pm

They lack the components to change ability cooldowns currently, something that should become zero-issue once patcher arrives one day or another. So before that, we can either sit around waiting, or hope that BH is changed to something useful enough that may bring life to Sorcs who have fallen way out of warband compo meta lately in comparison to better classes that currently excel at AoE pressure output and do so reliably whilst bringing far greater utility.
So the cast will be 3 seconds for the foreseeable future, but what else BH may bring to the fight might be salvaged.

BH having 10% disrupt strikethrough sounds promising, combined with 10% disrupt debuff, but it would still remain borderline "do I have time to stand 3 seconds casting this" in big fights. Sorc AoE tree has always been in bad shape, so any change upwards in dmg potential and utility is much welcome.
Even if it means ~5 sec CD or moving up the tree. (though DC and SK will probably still be more desireable than a 3 sec cast spell that doesn't even outdamage basic SS)
Shouldn't even affect balance much, BW is still miles ahead in pure DPS output capacity.

lefze
Suspended

Post#18 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:21 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:They lack the components to change ability cooldowns currently, something that should become zero-issue once patcher arrives one day or another. So before that, we can either sit around waiting, or hope that BH is changed to something useful enough that may bring life to Sorcs who have fallen way out of warband compo meta lately in comparison to better classes that currently excel at AoE pressure output and do so reliably whilst bringing far greater utility.
So the cast will be 3 seconds for the foreseeable future, but what else BH may bring to the fight might be salvaged.

BH having 10% disrupt strikethrough sounds promising, combined with 10% disrupt debuff, but it would still remain borderline "do I have time to stand 3 seconds casting this" in big fights. Sorc AoE tree has always been in bad shape, so any change upwards in dmg potential and utility is much welcome.
Even if it means ~5 sec CD or moving up the tree. (though DC and SK will probably still be more desireable than a 3 sec cast spell that doesn't even outdamage basic SS)
Shouldn't even affect balance much, BW is still miles ahead in pure DPS output capacity.
I just feel like sprinkling some sugar on a moldy doughnut still doesn't make it edible, so why do it.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#19 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:27 pm

Because some of still have to deal with those mouldy doughnuts, so a bit of sugar on the top makes it just slightly more pleasant experience. :D
And I'd still welcome a small step forward, basically any form of change that can be considered a buff, the current state of Sorcs in general cannot get worse for now, so the only path is upwards. :)
Better to start taking small steps towards reaching BW-tier of utility and DPS output, than massive sweeps like the last winter DoK/WP mode that went too OP and resulted in total back to start.

Acidic

Post#20 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:00 am

Hi
The biggest problem with the spell is the 3 second cast. In open rvr it is very risky to try and stand still as super squishy soc. This in mind means the spell is situational at best and mostly keep defence or pave aoe farming are the only time this is usable.
The suggested changes are nice but still don't effect the fundamental problem of cast time leaving you in danger.
I could think that if you invest in the skill and get it off early in the battle the reward should be decent. To this aim I could imagine a proc to reduce cast time or movement speed. These type of proc could give this a slot in the rotation imo.
Or proc to automatically send all WH to another zone would be nice :)