Recent Topics

Ads

[BG] Filled with Fury

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
ashton007

Re: [BG] Filled with Fury [Close Date Apr 21]

Post#31 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:56 am

Spoiler:
szejoza wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:25 am
ashton007 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:45 pm Not sure if this was a joke or not... They dont even have to spend points for their crit tactic... They just have to be over 50 grudges to have a perma 15% and it takes a tactic slot just like every other tank... They actually dont even have to work for it they could literally just stand there taking damage and still reach 50 grudges.
Yet BGs crit have synergy with strongest wounds debuff in the game, IBs don't have that

Don't bother to blindly compare 2 tactics when the only thing you care is raw dps output
Well I don't run that tactic because 9/10 times there's a chosen in the party. Theres not that big of a difference between the chosens blast wave wounds debuff and the BG's but the chosens is aoe. And as Volgo said this really isn't a big dps increase. We just want this to be more simple the BG has a high skill floor.
Also i don't think BG having 2 tactics that synergize well is a big deal. I mean as ive said most of the good BG's dont run it because of the chosen rebuff and also you don't AA a lot because of spamming EB.
What you run, or what you think most 'good BGs' don't run, doesn't pertain to the topic at hand. Less tangents. - ptp3

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#32 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Friendly reminder to all to keep comments relevant to the proposal.

ashton007

Post#33 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:27 pm

ashton007 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:56 am
Spoiler:
szejoza wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:25 am
ashton007 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:45 pm Not sure if this was a joke or not... They dont even have to spend points for their crit tactic... They just have to be over 50 grudges to have a perma 15% and it takes a tactic slot just like every other tank... They actually dont even have to work for it they could literally just stand there taking damage and still reach 50 grudges.
Yet BGs crit have synergy with strongest wounds debuff in the game, IBs don't have that

Don't bother to blindly compare 2 tactics when the only thing you care is raw dps output
Well I don't run that tactic because 9/10 times there's a chosen in the party. Theres not that big of a difference between the chosens blast wave wounds debuff and the BG's but the chosens is aoe. And as Volgo said this really isn't a big dps increase. We just want this to be more simple the BG has a high skill floor.
Also i don't think BG having 2 tactics that synergize well is a big deal. I mean as ive said most of the good BG's dont run it because of the chosen rebuff and also you don't AA a lot because of spamming EB.
What you run, or what you think most 'good BGs' don't run, doesn't pertain to the topic at hand. Less tangents. - ptp3
Well i understand that Pete but that wasnt really my big point here, it was a small included detail. This wouldnt make the wounds debuff OP or anything and that isnt a good reason to keep this tactic underperforming.

peterthepan3

Post#34 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:31 pm

Fair enough.

dansari

Post#35 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:01 pm

ashton007 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:56 am We just want this to be more simple the BG has a high skill floor.
To your point, BG has a high skill floor because it has a lot of strong buffs/debuffs that take management and a relative level of skill/awareness/APM to maintain. Is the purpose to make it easier to play BG or to make this tactic more worthwhile? <-- just a Devil's advocate approach
<Salt Factory>

HongTen

Post#36 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Spoiler:
Hey San i didnt know you like blue that much.
Not sure who you're talking about, but irrelevant. - Dan
Français, Françaises, j'arrive en caisse
Spoiler:
If you're an astronaut, say hello to my Ego there.
:twisted:

Ghoztz Eliminati

ashton007

Post#37 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:46 pm

dansari wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:01 pm
ashton007 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:56 am We just want this to be more simple the BG has a high skill floor.
To your point, BG has a high skill floor because it has a lot of strong buffs/debuffs that take management and a relative level of skill/awareness/APM to maintain. Is the purpose to make it easier to play BG or to make this tactic more worthwhile? <-- just a Devil's advocate approach
I suppose both in a way. BG has to constantly spend hate to maintain it and it can be a really big pain when youre trying to save your hatred do sonething like the KB. The buffs/debuffs are substantially less strong if you sink all your points into the malice tree. With BG having so much to manage it would be nice for this to be one less thing to chase constantly.

Also on a side note I think you and pete are doing excellent as the new balance moderators. Very responsive and active on these balance proposals. Keep it up guys! (:

dansari

Post#38 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Thank you for your participation in your regularly scheduled balance discussion. Now, back to the weather
<Salt Factory>

Ads
dansari

Re: [BG] Filled with Fury

Post#39 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:44 pm

Per Torque: I'm not convinced this tactic needs a buff, its an exceptionally good tactic (that ties well within the tree), which merely uses expending mechanic points to keep up as opposed to just sitting in the resource bank.

Rejecting
<Salt Factory>