Recent Topics

Ads

[Witch Elf] - Envenomed Blade

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
lyks

Re: [Witch Elf] - Envenomed Blade

Post#11 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:37 pm

Spierron wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:22 am The problem on EB comes from its duration, instead of refresh the dot each application should add duration. first EB 9s, when apply the second/third stack this increase the duration of 6s per stack.
The damage is ok when 3stack and i'm not sure about gets mitigated by Armor and Toughness sometimes they aren't affected in the same way as the rest.
While i understand the reasons why you'd like the duration increased, i don't think increasing dot duration is a good idea at the moment, considering how detaunt currently works. A longer dot duration (15 sec, 21sec) makes it much harder to detaunt a player and switch target or evade (as the dot damage will break detaunt). It would make direct damage burst spec a lot safer than their dot-based counterpart (unless maybe detaunt is modified to remove all damaging dots from detaunted players)

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [Witch Elf] - Envenomed Blade [Close Date: 4th May]

Post#12 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:55 pm

Toldavf wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:30 am is it unreasonable to have a dot that just has decent damage from one application? I never understood this about that that dot, Why make it take 3 whole gcds to get any damage out of it why can't the player just have the damage from 1 gcd? Its not even like it ticks for crazy amounts even with 3 stacks.
Agreed. Would be better to keep it with 3 stacks - but with a secondary effect similar to the one in OP - or allow it to have all stacked damage with one use.

Spierron

Post#13 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:52 pm

lyks wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:37 pmWhile i understand the reasons why you'd like the duration increased, i don't think increasing dot duration is a good idea at the moment, considering how detaunt currently works. A longer dot duration (15 sec, 21sec) makes it much harder to detaunt a player and switch target or evade (as the dot damage will break detaunt). It would make direct damage burst spec a lot safer than their dot-based counterpart (unless maybe detaunt is modified to remove all damaging dots from detaunted players)
agree is bad for detaunt but we have Wracking Pain on 21s ;) Only benefit the first two tic dot from EB after u need a refresh for keep the dot*3 on target, in a group i used it generally not for damage but to protect HD or another from cleaning. The timer is too short for build EB*3 during a group fight, every 6-8sc u need to refresh or u lose all stack and after u need 3gdc for reapply the dot... without even cleanse you will have problems to keep it because u can be CC or parried.
or allow it to have all stacked damage with one use.
On target without guard/detaunt/challenge, the dot hit for 1k+ :lol: not sure is a good idea or with 5/10s cd

Toldavf

Post#14 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:24 pm

Spierron wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:52 pm
lyks wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:37 pmWhile i understand the reasons why you'd like the duration increased, i don't think increasing dot duration is a good idea at the moment, considering how detaunt currently works. A longer dot duration (15 sec, 21sec) makes it much harder to detaunt a player and switch target or evade (as the dot damage will break detaunt). It would make direct damage burst spec a lot safer than their dot-based counterpart (unless maybe detaunt is modified to remove all damaging dots from detaunted players)
agree is bad for detaunt but we have Wracking Pain on 21s ;) Only benefit the first two tic dot from EB after u need a refresh for keep the dot*3 on target, in a group i used it generally not for damage but to protect HD or another from cleaning. The timer is too short for build EB*3 during a group fight, every 6-8sc u need to refresh or u lose all stack and after u need 3gdc for reapply the dot... without even cleanse you will have problems to keep it because u can be CC or parried.
or allow it to have all stacked damage with one use.
On target without guard/detaunt/challenge, the dot hit for 1k+ :lol: not sure is a good idea or with 5/10s cd
1k+ hmm are we talking about the same dot? this seems very contrary to all of my experiences with the skill.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Spierron

Post#15 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:49 pm

spec carnage/treachery, slot flanking and Taste of Blood, stack EB*3 and use EOIP.

We don't need to spend any point in suffering path for reach 1k+ per tic with EB.

Miszczu5647

Post#16 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:12 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:55 pm
Toldavf wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:30 am is it unreasonable to have a dot that just has decent damage from one application? I never understood this about that that dot, Why make it take 3 whole gcds to get any damage out of it why can't the player just have the damage from 1 gcd? Its not even like it ticks for crazy amounts even with 3 stacks.
Agreed. Would be better to keep it with 3 stacks - but with a secondary effect similar to the one in OP - or allow it to have all stacked damage with one use.
Is this a direction you want this discussion go? You didn't use your "mod colors" so I am little confused ;)
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

peterthepan3

Post#17 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:35 am

Miszczu5647 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:12 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:55 pm
Is this a direction you want this discussion go? You didn't use your "mod colors" so I am little confused ;)
I don't understand? merely gave my own thoughts on OP

Nabaro

Post#18 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:37 am

Make All stacked damage with one use and 5 sec CD. Resist debuff only make solo WE stronger and it does not solve the problem of damage loss with 3 gcd.
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro

Ads
dansari

Post#19 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:10 am

Locking
<Salt Factory>

dansari

Re: [Witch Elf] - Envenomed Blade

Post#20 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:49 pm

Torque has a class redesign of sorts in store for WE, so I'm moving this to rejected just to clear it from the Pending Review section. Be on the lookout for future news on WE.
<Salt Factory>