Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] Discordant Fluctuation

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
wargnidalulz

[Chosen] Discordant Fluctuation

Post#1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:41 pm

What and why it is an issue:

The amount of classes that trigger this aura is too low for it to see any significant usage outside of maybe (AOE)warband play. That is where you are most likely to encounter one(realistically the only) class that will trigger this aura, the Bright Wizard.
At this moment in time this aura only triggers on caster magical damage(BW,AM,RP).

Proposals to the issue:

(1) Change the trigger to go off on any and all magical damage (including melee magical abilities) and reduce aura damage.
Damage should be reduced to compensate for magical damage being more potent than physical damage and since the chosen can debuff resists on its own.
(2) Change the trigger to go off on any and all magical damage (including melee magical abilities) but change it to direct damage only.
Damage should be reduced by a smaller amount compared to the first proposal due to the loss of damage on dot tick's but I would leave it up to the powers at be to decide how much that would be. The aura affecting a larger number of classes is a DPS increase in it self.

The aura should trigger on any ability that does magical damage(spirit,corp,ele) including melee and prdps classes that have magical damage abilities but only on those abilities.
This will effectively boost the usability of the aura and make it worth running in a variety of situations.

The aim of this change is to see the usage of an ability(aura) increase and make it worth while to consider running over at least one of the standard tri-fecta aura's.
Qep

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [Chosen] Discordant Fluctuation

Post#2 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:46 pm

Open for discussion. Will be locked in TWO WEEKS from now (5th May).

Tesq

Re: [Chosen] Discordant Fluctuation [Close Date: 5th May]

Post#3 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:59 pm

I dont get the change , is a pretty much staple aura in orvr vs bw. When a bo is buffing allt the stats chosen can go with 2 free aura and usually is heal debuff and this one. Or ap

Yes small scale dont see this a lot because there are no more party doing double premade in sc , when i faced them over 1 year ago it was pretty much usefull, vs 3 bw and 1 engi.
I could agree on make it proc on a wider number of skill but nerf dmg? Not much ...it's alredy proc 1 per target so compared to live is alredy less powerfull. Allow a wider range of skill to proc upon would certain make it more likely to be used without buff it where it alredy shine tbh.
Tought idk to what extent really most that use those skill still out of his currenty range use maybe 2 skills, most likely 1.

Dabbart

Post#4 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:18 pm

I like proposal 2. It’s a buff in the right direction, that can easily be increased if found to not be “enough”. Would the OP want any ICD on the damage proc for option 1 or 2? Should it proc off of Procs? Or only ability?

As it stands, that aura is basically useless. It has some potential in ORvR, and for that alone can be worth the toggle. Opening it towards all resistance based damage opens it up for more smaller scale engagements. I’m still not sure it would see use outside of double chosen groups, but not every ability needs to be Gold. But even procing only on direct ability, this could lead to some serious DPS increase.

Question, is there a reason basing the Aura off of Non-physical Ranged damage only(not melee) isn’t considered? Or all ranged attacks? Still too weak? To against the “theme” of the ability?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

wargnidalulz

Post#5 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:51 pm

Dabbart wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:18 pm I like proposal 2. It’s a buff in the right direction, that can easily be increased if found to not be “enough”. Would the OP want any ICD on the damage proc for option 1 or 2? Should it proc off of Procs? Or only ability?

As it stands, that aura is basically useless. It has some potential in ORvR, and for that alone can be worth the toggle. Opening it towards all resistance based damage opens it up for more smaller scale engagements. I’m still not sure it would see use outside of double chosen groups, but not every ability needs to be Gold. But even procing only on direct ability, this could lead to some serious DPS increase.

Question, is there a reason basing the Aura off of Non-physical Ranged damage only(not melee) isn’t considered? Or all ranged attacks? Still too weak? To against the “theme” of the ability?
There already is an ICD in place now. I don't think one side having an aura triggering of off proc's would be good balance especially when the other realm's doesn't, even tho in the grander scheme it wouldn't really matter because of the ICD. You can take as many hits as the server can handle in a span of 3 seconds and you will only trigger the aura once anyway(damage source from the same enemy).

The intent of this change is to make the aura worth using in general, independently of the chosen spec choice or needing to be in a specific environment to do so.

Changing the trigger to all magical damage will increase the likelihood of the aura actually being in use by increasing the amount of classes that can trigger it. Utility and usability over damage and still stays true to its intended design. My intent is not to change the aura to a "must use" aura but to make it a viable choice outside a vacum.
Qep

Tesq

Post#6 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:57 pm

wargnidalulz wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:51 pm
Dabbart wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:18 pm I like proposal 2. It’s a buff in the right direction, that can easily be increased if found to not be “enough”. Would the OP want any ICD on the damage proc for option 1 or 2? Should it proc off of Procs? Or only ability?

There already is an ICD in place now. I don't think one side having an aura triggering of off proc's would be good balance especially when the other realm's doesn't, even tho in the grander scheme it wouldn't really matter because of the ICD. You can take as many hits as the server can handle in a span of 3 seconds and you will only trigger the aura once anyway(damage source from the same enemy).

The intent of this change is to make the aura worth using in general, independently of the chosen spec choice or needing to be in a specific environment to do so.

Changing the trigger to all magical damage will increase the likelihood of the aura actually being in use by increasing the amount of classes that can trigger it. Utility and usability over damage and still stays true to its intended design. My intent is not to change the aura to a "must use" aura but to make it a viable choice outside a vacum.
Yes but why the dmg drop? If it have an icd increase the range of the skill which proc it wont make it more powerfull in the sich where it alredy get use. I dont really get the point for that.

wargnidalulz

Post#7 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:15 pm

Tesq wrote:Yes but why the dmg drop? If it have an icd increase the range of the skill which proc it wont make it more powerfull in the sich where it alredy get use. I dont really get the point for that.
The damage is higher on DF than that of the opposing realm's, even tho that one covers vastly more classes than even this change would and also includes Auto Attacks triggering it. That being said, Destruction has more ways to debuff enemy resistance than there are ways to increase OYG damage by debuffing the enemy.
Qep

Tesq

Post#8 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:28 pm

wargnidalulz wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:15 pm
Tesq wrote:Yes but why the dmg drop? If it have an icd increase the range of the skill which proc it wont make it more powerfull in the sich where it alredy get use. I dont really get the point for that.
The damage is higher on DF than that of the opposing realm's, even tho that one covers vastly more classes than even this change would and also includes Auto Attacks triggering it. That being said, Destruction has more ways to debuff enemy resistance than there are ways to increase OYG damage by debuffing the enemy.
This is notcorrect chosen one work only on dps so max 2 ppl of the party and this wont change even by increase the range of the influenced skills exept from 2 sm skills. Kobs on your guard work between 4 to 5 ppl in party since it proc also on tanks attack and dok aoe rec.

Due the nature of the skill even.post fix on your guard would still generate more hits than DF.

Aswell resistences mitigation is higher than armor one and auras behaviour is influenced by disrupt/parry, also both realm can debuff all res for 400 moreover per above if you disrupt aura wont proc so on your guard proc more often if both side bring htl in the frontline because block/parry with htl around is in comparison easier to bypass than block/disrupt.

Ads
Toldavf

Post#9 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:39 am

I don't really see the need for this, it already has a big enough role in a warband 4 different groups with this aura is allot of return damage really for no effort.

Its a bit of a kick to sm but they can probably deal with it and won't have much problem. Engineers might be much harder hit which is something we should avoid i think as that class isn't exactly the strongest.

Any and all magic damage huh? The witch hunters would hate that :D I have a picture in my head of a chosen with the movement barb legging it from a wh with him bleeding to death. I know that wont happen but still :P
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Darks63

Post#10 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:07 am

Considering Order has one less MRDPS and destro has one more it would almost be more useful to swap this aura and OYG.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.