Recent Topics

Ads

[Blackguard] S/B, Monstrous Ruin, Horrific Wound

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
germ32

Re: [Blackguard] S/B, Monstrous Ruin, Horrific Wound [Close Date: 10th May]

Post#31 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:45 am

Would everyone be happy if ADM granted 1.5% block per 10 hate for those using a shield and 3% parry per 10 hate for people using a 2h? Is that OP?

Personally I wouldn't consider using it with a 2h now that it is at 11 points but for those who do I understand this is an issue.
Phibes - 7x Marauder
Playerhater - 5x Blackguard
Phybes - 6x Sorcerer

Ads
Tesq

Post#32 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:34 am

germ32 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:45 am Would everyone be happy if ADM granted 1.5% block per 10 hate for those using a shield and 3% parry per 10 hate for people using a 2h? Is that OP?

Personally I wouldn't consider using it with a 2h now that it is at 11 points but for those who do I understand this is an issue.
again use it for what?

-for orvr it dosenty matter how much bg is turtle it dosen't have Orvr worth stuff
-for small scale it alredy have :

-anti burst skill-->elite training+ absorb
-2x dps crit reduction (off/healing)---->crush the weak
-great CC department----> very long punt+5 sec KD

in small scale you dont need that high block/parry it's more important be all around with decend defense, decent assist decent support or be more focus oriented.

you can also slot more stuff tactics, i just think all these block change are just to give s+b KD more update time, which tbh wont change much cuz as long wp Idef enough AND runy **** off about any KD the sich wont change even if you make spitfull slame more active averange, any KD on an am will do so.

also in ANY build you need that avoidance, you gona explode otherwise, yes it was a pretty hard nerf and so? unless you bring a group to carry you a tank with out that 50% of real avoidance gona melt when get competent ppl.

germ32

Post#33 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:50 pm

Spoiler:
Tesq wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:34 am
germ32 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:45 am Would everyone be happy if ADM granted 1.5% block per 10 hate for those using a shield and 3% parry per 10 hate for people using a 2h? Is that OP?

again use it for what?

-for orvr it dosenty matter how much bg is turtle it dosen't have Orvr worth stuff
-for small scale it alredy have :

-anti burst skill-->elite training+ absorb
-2x dps crit reduction (off/healing)---->crush the weak
-great CC department----> very long punt+5 sec KD

in small scale you dont need that high block/parry it's more important be all around with decend defense, decent assist decent support or be more focus oriented.

you can also slot more stuff tactics, i just think all these block change are just to give s+b KD more update time, which tbh wont change much cuz as long wp Idef enough AND runy **** off about any KD the sich wont change even if you make spitfull slame more active averange, any KD on an am will do so.

also in ANY build you need that avoidance, you gona explode otherwise, yes it was a pretty hard nerf and so? unless you bring a group to carry you a tank with out that 50% of real avoidance gona melt when get competent ppl.
You said previously I would be ruining 2h spec for blackguards by changing that tactic. Now you say avoidance isn't important for orvr and that in small scale you dont need it, but then you go on to say that for any build you need avoidance. You are contradicting yourself, it seems like you are just trying to disagree with me rather than have a discussion
Phibes - 7x Marauder
Phybes - 6x Sorcerer

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#34 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:31 pm

I am mildly conversant in Tesqish, lemme translate:

In ORVR, Black Guard does not bring any tools that anyone needs that aren't covered better by other classes. They are already supremely tanky, so increasing block doesn't much matter. No reason to pick that tactic. If someone was gonna pick you for a wb, the extra block wont influence them either way.

For small-scale, you are already tanky enough as snb, wheras 2her NEEDS the parry buff to survive guard damage+melee train (rdps rarer in small scale, and more easily healed through, plus Brutal Smash gives decent disrupt buff at 100 hate) If someone takes a Black Guard, its for their utility (and the assist dps if 2h), and again, buff to block is unnecessary. The parry buff is enough as it is already (unlikely to see many ranged dps i n small scale, so who cares about block?).

[untranslatable idioms?]

...avoidance is neccesarry yes, but making Anger Drives Me affect block doesnt really matter cus the parry it already gives is avoidance enough if snb spec (as they have HtL and NSP already) and 2h needs the parry otherwise they are too squishy in group play.

Thats what I pulled from it at least.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

peterthepan3

Post#35 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:52 pm

Spoiler:
Could the tactic be made to give SNB Block and 2H parry? Or is this currently not a possibility?

Brainstorming. Will spoiler myself.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#36 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:00 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:52 pm
Spoiler:
Could the tactic be made to give SNB Block and 2H parry? Or is this currently not a possibility?

Brainstorming. Will spoiler myself.
Spoiler:
Even if it could be, sounds like something Torque might veto given his previous statements on not increasing the power of snb tanks.

germ32

Post#37 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:25 pm

Spoiler:
GodlessCrom wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:31 pm I am mildly conversant in Tesqish, lemme translate:

In ORVR, Black Guard does not bring any tools that anyone needs that aren't covered better by other classes. They are already supremely tanky, so increasing block doesn't much matter. No reason to pick that tactic. If someone was gonna pick you for a wb, the extra block wont influence them either way.

For small-scale, you are already tanky enough as snb, wheras 2her NEEDS the parry buff to survive guard damage+melee train (rdps rarer in small scale, and more easily healed through, plus Brutal Smash gives decent disrupt buff at 100 hate) If someone takes a Black Guard, its for their utility (and the assist dps if 2h), and again, buff to block is unnecessary. The parry buff is enough as it is already (unlikely to see many ranged dps i n small scale, so who cares about block?).

[untranslatable idioms?]

...avoidance is neccesarry yes, but making Anger Drives Me affect block doesnt really matter cus the parry it already gives is avoidance enough if snb spec (as they have HtL and NSP already) and 2h needs the parry otherwise they are too squishy in group play.

Thats what I pulled from it at least.
Thanks for the clarification, in response to you and Tesq - I understand that s/b tanks are survivable with the parry instead of block or even without ADM at all, the point I am trying to make is that there is almost no point to using a shield if you can do everything better without one, you can get just as much defense and knock people down reliably with a 2 hander. Having adm give block gives more reason to use a shield by making the shield kd more reliable and makes the class less dependant on channeling a garbage skill with a long cooldown
Phibes - 7x Marauder
Phybes - 6x Sorcerer

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#38 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Except you can be much survivable with a shield at lower RR. And you get a 5 second kd instead of a 3 second one. And you get Hold the Line.

There are advantages to using a shield. It wasnt so long ago that almost everyone thought 2h tanks (except SM, and even then people flip flopped) were garbage and wanted only snb tanks. Even now, go in game and you will get a considerable amount of idiots parroting that same logic (2h tanks useless, use shield) because they dont really think, they just regurgitate platitudes and half-remembered truisms they gleaned from other players a decade ago on live.

I would rather see NSP buffed than ADM changed, if only because I thinl Torque is much less likely to change ADM to exclusively benefit shield tanks.

Ads
germ32

Post#39 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:37 pm

GodlessCrom wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:44 pm Except you can be much survivable with a shield at lower RR. And you get a 5 second kd instead of a 3 second one. And you get Hold the Line.
You are right, but does the extra length in kd make up for the reliability that the 2h kd has? And should hold the line be a highlight for a class' kit when it comes to using a shield, given that every tank class has that skill?
I would rather see NSP buffed than ADM changed, if only because I thinl Torque is much less likely to change ADM to exclusively benefit shield tanks.

I would like to see either happen but as long as nsp is a channel it is almost certainly underperforming in comparison to hold the line. If Torq did accept the change to ADM would you support it?
Phibes - 7x Marauder
Phybes - 6x Sorcerer

mubbl

Post#40 » Sun May 06, 2018 12:57 pm

wouldn't be the 1.5 block per 10 hate with shield and the dinied parry for snb a nerf for a bg? if you consider guard mechanics?