Recent Topics

Ads

[Swordmaster] Forceful Shock

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Methryel

Re: [Swordmaster] Forceful Shock [Close Date: 12th May]

Post#61 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:13 am

Sprak wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:37 am Hmm, what about the idea Aethilmar had? improving the AoE punt already used by SM's would be much better. I also feel that wasting a tactic slot just to get a punt in general seems like a waste. I don't mind that it's attached to Blurring Shock, as I believe the idea was you punt enemies into your comrades while applying the awesome dmg on crit ability of blurring shock to help melt things faster. Then again, the punt distance just isn't worth it.
The return of wind's force tactic that did exist at war's beginning ?
It was an AOE knockback if i remember well.
SM :Methryel

Ads
CytheX

Post#62 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:14 am

That tattic did increase the area of effect of gusting wind, from 5 feet to 30

Methryel

Post#63 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:18 am

CytheX wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:14 am That tattic did increase the area of effect of gusting wind, from 5 feet to 30
Hmm, you are probably right ...it was ten years ago now :D

CytheX

Post#64 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:19 am

95%sure than disrupt tattic replaced ( bad tattic IMHO)

Methryel

Post#65 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:20 am

Methryel wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:18 am
CytheX wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:14 am That tattic did increase the area of effect of gusting wind, from 5 feet to 30
Hmm, you are probably right ...it was ten years ago now :D I'm getting old^^

Sprak

Post#66 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:23 pm

I like CytheX's idea as well, adding a snare to the knock back would allow a SM (even with a smaller punt) to split punt people, snare, and give a window of opportunity before the targets were able to get back into guard range? even then it probably wouldn't be a very adequate window of opportunity... given the punt is still very short.

I think for something to take up a Tactic slot it would need to be a substantial effect, otherwise like many tactics, it will go unused and unconsidered as an available option.

kolrhil

Post#67 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:17 am

If you wanna make a change, i would just increase the AOE punt (with a tactic).

dansari

Post#68 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:57 pm

kolrhil wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 9:17 am If you wanna make a change, i would just increase the AOE punt (with a tactic).
I think if you'd like to do that, it should be discussed in a new proposal.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Wdova

Post#69 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:39 pm

From my perspective SnB and SM in general issues are listed below
1) Knockdown on 13pt in Vaul(tanking tree) BO version has the same issue, but BO tree has more usefull skills in this tree than just KD, SM not.
2) No reasonable armor/rezist debuff. Dont get me wrong. Wrath of Hoeth spirit debuff is great to have, but it doesnt help anyone else, than SM it self or a DPS AM(Not that common creature in lakes huh?) That leads to question, why WoH and Heavens blade spirit stacking was removed? Not a single mdps, rdps or tank(besides SM it self) could profit from it!
3) Tools to remove tank from his guarded comrade(ST punt)
4) Tools to party or single target buffs of armor, toughnes or rezists(beside again Natures Blade stat steal, which is again mainly 2H spec) Yep, SnB SM can offer just party absorb bubble, thats it nothing more nothing less...

Solutions:
1) its obvious, move it back to 9 points.
2) Make Heavens blade the same way as was stated before live was ended. Rezist + armor debuff on enemy at the same time buff your party for the same ammount of armor and rezists.(The same for BO)
3) No idea. Remove some worthless healing tactic and replace it with tactic for ST punt?
4) solved by 2)

PS: Looking at the BOs tools making me wonder, why its counter SM was so badly deisigned in general by original Devs.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Sprak

Post#70 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:57 am

Wdova wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:39 pm From my perspective SnB and SM in general issues are listed below
1) Knockdown on 13pt in Vaul(tanking tree) BO version has the same issue, but BO tree has more usefull skills in this tree than just KD, SM not.
2) No reasonable armor/rezist debuff. Dont get me wrong. Wrath of Hoeth spirit debuff is great to have, but it doesnt help anyone else, than SM it self or a DPS AM(Not that common creature in lakes huh?) That leads to question, why WoH and Heavens blade spirit stacking was removed? Not a single mdps, rdps or tank(besides SM it self) could profit from it!
3) Tools to remove tank from his guarded comrade(ST punt)
4) Tools to party or single target buffs of armor, toughnes or rezists(beside again Natures Blade stat steal, which is again mainly 2H spec) Yep, SnB SM can offer just party absorb bubble, thats it nothing more nothing less...

Solutions:
1) its obvious, move it back to 9 points.
2) Make Heavens blade the same way as was stated before live was ended. Rezist + armor debuff on enemy at the same time buff your party for the same ammount of armor and rezists.(The same for BO)
3) No idea. Remove some worthless healing tactic and replace it with tactic for ST punt?
4) solved by 2)

PS: Looking at the BOs tools making me wonder, why its counter SM was so badly deisigned in general by original Devs.
The reason the SM seems to be a confused class is because it was intended to be the MDPS for Helves. This was changed quickly before release, and the WL stepped in to take the MDPS spot, leaving the SM class confused and lack luster compared to other tanks. The SM fills the role of shock troop much better at the moment, being able to deal & take considerable damage.

As for your ideas...
1) Move it back to 9 points sounds good, but something else will need to be done to the Vauls tree to make it more than just filler options.
2) I don't remember heavens blade being that way, but that would be a huge benefit to parties, and make running HB useful. Although, I would be fine if it went back to just stacking with WoH.
3) I would rather see AoE punt buff via a tactic. Like adding a larger effect range, longer punt, maybe a slow of some kind?
4) I would like to see some of the random nature of Natures blade removed and have a Stat buff order that makes sense for the SM.