Wdova wrote: ↑
Fri May 11, 2018 9:39 pm
From my perspective SnB and SM in general issues are listed below
1) Knockdown on 13pt in Vaul(tanking tree) BO version has the same issue, but BO tree has more usefull skills in this tree than just KD, SM not.
2) No reasonable armor/rezist debuff. Dont get me wrong. Wrath of Hoeth spirit debuff is great to have, but it doesnt help anyone else, than SM it self or a DPS AM(Not that common creature in lakes huh?) That leads to question, why WoH and Heavens blade spirit stacking was removed? Not a single mdps, rdps or tank(besides SM it self) could profit from it!
3) Tools to remove tank from his guarded comrade(ST punt)
4) Tools to party or single target buffs of armor, toughnes or rezists(beside again Natures Blade stat steal, which is again mainly 2H spec) Yep, SnB SM can offer just party absorb bubble, thats it nothing more nothing less...
1) its obvious, move it back to 9 points.
2) Make Heavens blade the same way as was stated before live was ended. Rezist + armor debuff on enemy at the same time buff your party for the same ammount of armor and rezists.(The same for BO)
3) No idea. Remove some worthless healing tactic and replace it with tactic for ST punt?
4) solved by 2)
PS: Looking at the BOs tools making me wonder, why its counter SM was so badly deisigned in general by original Devs.
The reason the SM seems to be a confused class is because it was intended to be the MDPS for Helves. This was changed quickly before release, and the WL stepped in to take the MDPS spot, leaving the SM class confused and lack luster compared to other tanks. The SM fills the role of shock troop much better at the moment, being able to deal & take considerable damage.
As for your ideas...
1) Move it back to 9 points sounds good, but something else will need to be done to the Vauls tree to make it more than just filler options.
2) I don't remember heavens blade being that way, but that would be a huge benefit to parties, and make running HB useful. Although, I would be fine if it went back to just stacking with WoH.
3) I would rather see AoE punt buff via a tactic. Like adding a larger effect range, longer punt, maybe a slow of some kind?
4) I would like to see some of the random nature of Natures blade removed and have a Stat buff order that makes sense for the SM.