Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] 15pt Path of Scout Ability

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Toldavf

Re: [Shadow Warrior] new 15pt ability in Path of The Scout . [Close Date: 22nd May]

Post#51 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:18 pm

can we assume you would loose this buff if you swap out of scout?
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
daniilpb

Re: [Shadow Warrior] new 15pt ability in Path of The Scout . [Close Date: 22nd May]

Post#52 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Toldavf wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:18 pm can we assume you would loose this buff if you swap out of scout?
Firstly, we should find out why it should be limited that way: Skirmish is not overperfoming and floating somewhere near “can be useful in certain situations” (pug sc/solo roam) and Assault just doesn’t need that buff for range attacks since it’s not related to crit modificator tactic and would take away melee KD.
So, basically, in my opinion, even if anyone would go for that buff to use it in Skirmish, I won’t mind it because: a guy will lose RKD and it also may encourage stance dancing.
Thus, I don’t see real need in such limitation.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Mystriss

Post#53 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:39 pm

@Daniilpb This thread has become very confusing and I'm struggling to understand exactly what you're doing to Scout.

After reading the thread like four times, as I understand it, this is roughly a quasi-upgraded Centuries of Training tactic given as a 16pt Scout mastery pick.

Please clarify though; is "Shadow Walker" an 'ability' [like SS, FA, FTW, etc.] or is it a rank 4 moral?

peterthepan3

Post#54 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:46 pm

New 15 pt ability in Path of The Scout:
Shadow Walker.
Insta Cast. 10 seconds duration. 30 seconds cooldown.
You become a Shadow Walker, your arrows are filled with the power of darkness from the shadows. Your next 10 range attacks to each deal an additional 300 spirit damage to your target (1 second ICD).

Ability in the place of the current R4 Morale.

Toldavf

Post#55 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:09 am

daniilpb wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:27 pm
Toldavf wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:18 pm can we assume you would loose this buff if you swap out of scout?
Firstly, we should find out why it should be limited that way: Skirmish is not overperfoming and floating somewhere near “can be useful in certain situations” (pug sc/solo roam) and Assault just doesn’t need that buff for range attacks since it’s not related to crit modificator tactic and would take away melee KD.
So, basically, in my opinion, even if anyone would go for that buff to use it in Skirmish, I won’t mind it because: a guy will lose RKD and it also may encourage stance dancing.
Thus, I don’t see real need in such limitation.
Maybe but i would hate to see a meta shift to one spec because it just has more damage. Ideally both trees should be desirable as main trees rather than one tree.

Course it's all spit balling and theory crafting, I'm game to see this play tested at least before i pass judgement.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Mystriss

Post#56 » Sat May 12, 2018 4:48 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:46 pm New 15 pt ability in Path of The Scout:
Shadow Walker.
Insta Cast. 10 seconds duration. 30 seconds cooldown.
You become a Shadow Walker, your arrows are filled with the power of darkness from the shadows. Your next 10 range attacks to each deal an additional 300 spirit damage to your target (1 second ICD).

Ability in the place of the current R4 Morale.
Got it.

Acidic

Post#57 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:02 pm

When looking over the equivelint 15 point skills the WL has as the guide of power levels I see this suggestion being too strong.

WL damage 15pt 800 aoe , 1 min cooldown, max 800 damage to any single target. This supports group play.

The problem with this suggestion would be that the whole of the extra damage could be directed to a single target every 30 secs. This looks like a 1v1 directed buff and not a group buff, at the best it’s a too strong power creep on 15 point skills.

The 15 point skills should be good but they should not be pure damage buffs as WL skills show they are utility and clear addition to WL aoe WB synergies.

dansari

Post#58 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:12 pm

Acidic wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:02 pm When looking over the equivelint 15 point skills the WL has as the guide of power levels I see this suggestion being too strong.

WL damage 15pt 800 aoe , 1 min cooldown, max 800 damage to any single target. This supports group play.

The problem with this suggestion would be that the whole of the extra damage could be directed to a single target every 30 secs. This looks like a 1v1 directed buff and not a group buff, at the best it’s a too strong power creep on 15 point skills.

The 15 point skills should be good but they should not be pure damage buffs as WL skills show they are utility and clear addition to WL aoe WB synergies.
I'm sorry but what?

Why would anyone take Blade and Claw? Why are warbands picking up WLs? Why are we comparing to a morale 4? Did you come across the first 15pt ability on an order dps and base your entire post around that? That's also a morale ability. This would not be, meaning it's mitigated. That's also instant damage. This would not be (+300 spirit damage on each ability). At 15pt Scout you give up on Powerful Draw until rr60 and that's if you bypass Fell the Weak and Glass Arrow, which would be stupid if you're full Scout.

Edit: compare it to order's only useful dps morale 4: Burning Head, and you can see that it's not OP in the slightest.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Acidic

Post#59 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:19 pm

dansari wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:12 pm
Acidic wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:02 pm When looking over the equivelint 15 point skills the WL has as the guide of power levels I see this suggestion being too strong.

I'm sorry but what?

Why would anyone take Blade and Claw? Why are warbands picking up WLs? Why are we comparing to a morale 4? Did you come across the first 15pt ability on an order dps and base your entire post around that? That's also a morale ability. This would not be, meaning it's mitigated. That's also instant damage. This would not be (+300 spirit damage on each ability). At 15pt Scout you give up on Powerful Draw until rr60 and that's if you bypass Fell the Weak and Glass Arrow, which would be stupid if you're full Scout.

Edit: compare it to order's only useful dps morale 4: Burning Head, and you can see that it's not OP in the slightest.
The WL example was just to show equivelent levels of 15 point skills and try to map equivelent power leves as stated in the text.
If you belive that the WL 15 point skill is underpowered ok but the fact that it is there at that elvel would be interesting to understand why the 15 point skill of that class was put at that level.

dansari

Post#60 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:25 pm

Acidic wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:19 pm The WL example was just to show equivelent levels of 15 point skills and try to map equivelent power leves as stated in the text.
If you belive that the WL 15 point skill is underpowered ok but the fact that it is there at that elvel would be interesting to understand why the 15 point skill of that class was put at that level.
That's a fine way to look at it if it were anything other than a morale 4. The morale 4s have been predominantly useless for a long time, and with the exception of a handful, none are worth the investment.
<Salt Factory>