Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] 15pt Path of Scout Ability

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
daniilpb

Re: [Shadow Warrior] new 15pt ability in Path of The Scout . [Close Date: 22nd May]

Post#61 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Acidic wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:02 pm When looking over the equivelint 15 point skills the WL has as the guide of power levels I see this suggestion being too strong.

WL damage 15pt 800 aoe , 1 min cooldown, max 800 damage to any single target. This supports group play.

The problem with this suggestion would be that the whole of the extra damage could be directed to a single target every 30 secs. This looks like a 1v1 directed buff and not a group buff, at the best it’s a too strong power creep on 15 point skills.

The 15 point skills should be good but they should not be pure damage buffs as WL skills show they are utility and clear addition to WL aoe WB synergies.
Spoiler:
I’m sorry, what?
WL’s 15 pt ability? You mean Leonine Frenzy? You know that other 15pts are MORALS OKAY??? Which also will be replaced or reworked over time.
1v1? 1v1 with Scout?! Especially when SW can’t debuff spirit resistance... NO group synergy mkay
Stay away from Balance forums or better get warned and banned cause I can see pure trolling but that’s not my business

You're right. It's not your business. It's not up to you whether people have to stay away from the balance forums, get warned, or get banned. You can leave enforcing of the rules up to the moderators. - Dan
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
Acidic

Re: [Shadow Warrior] new 15pt ability in Path of The Scout . [Close Date: 22nd May]

Post#62 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:44 pm

dansari wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:25 pm
Acidic wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:19 pm The WL example was just to show equivelent levels of 15 point skills and try to map equivelent power leves as stated in the text.
If you belive that the WL 15 point skill is underpowered ok but the fact that it is there at that elvel would be interesting to understand why the 15 point skill of that class was put at that level.
That's a fine way to look at it if it were anything other than a morale 4. The morale 4s have been predominantly useless for a long time, and with the exception of a handful, none are worth the investment.
yes morals are one thing but the 15 point as a skill is another, that is the discution. what level shoudl a 15 point be at ?

dansari

Post#63 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:45 pm

The main difference is that this wouldn't be unmitigated damage. I wouldn't put much weight in comparing to other speccable morale 4s.
<Salt Factory>

daniilpb

Post#64 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Acidic wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:44 pm
Acidic wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:19 pm The WL example was just to show equivelent levels of 15 point skills and try to map equivelent power leves as stated in the text.
If you belive that the WL 15 point skill is underpowered ok but the fact that it is there at that elvel would be interesting to understand why the 15 point skill of that class was put at that level.
That's a fine way to look at it if it were anything other than a morale 4. The morale 4s have been predominantly useless for a long time, and with the exception of a handful, none are worth the investment.
yes morals are one thing but the 15 point as a skill is another, that is the discution. what level shoudl a 15 point be at ?
At level of 2288 aoe true damage. Okay?

Hopefully, you will get how stupid it is to bring m4s to the discussion.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.

Acidic

Post#65 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:29 pm

daniilpb wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Well i did not, i expresly am ignoring M4 and only talking about other existing 15 point skill.
showing the M4 part sort of implies you did not read what i wrote.

daniilpb

Post#66 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:42 pm

Acidic wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:29 pm
daniilpb wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Well i did not, i expresly am ignoring M4 and only talking about other existing 15 point skill.
showing the M4 part sort of implies you did not read what i wrote.
Okay then which other 15pt abilities? Lionine frenzy? Doks/WPs anti-snare?
First one was put 15pt cause WL was given a new 9pt. Also that was a nerf.
Second one fixed the issue of the class.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.

footpatrol2

Post#67 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:14 pm

Btw only because you brought it up. Whirling rage is 2400 damage 30ft with full 15 point investment. Not 2288.

daniilpb

Post#68 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:16 pm

I mean there are 2 real 15pt abilities so you can't say that they all should be equal or fix same issues like utility etc
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.

Ads
daniilpb

Post#69 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:18 pm

footpatrol2 wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:14 pm Btw only because you brought it up. Whirling rage is 2400 damage 30ft with full 15 point investment. Not 2288.
Thanks Sherlock you could see that I had only 13 points invested :D
It was just in case to remind about the fact that morals are scaling
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Arfi - Swordmaster.

Acidic

Post#70 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:25 pm

daniilpb wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:16 pm I mean there are 2 real 15pt abilities so you can't say that they all should be equal or fix same issues like utility etc
Agree but there needs to be some level expectations for these skills.
Just now I can understand the WL ones , they might not be great but I do not believe the goal is to be great, they complete a set of skills rather than in thief own . That is they Help the group and are not great for solo.