Recent Topics

Ads

[All] Positional Disrupt Strikethrough

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Darosh
Banned

Re: [All] Positional Disrupt Strikethrough [Close Date TBD]

Post#21 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Gotta say I like the split/common pool idea ~ tbh, it'd probably be worth it to extend a system like that to mdps avoidance, armor and resis, to tackle powercreeps and metas.

Ads
Gmaw

Post#22 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:22 pm

Disrupt is fine as it is imo.Stack more intelligence if you get disrupted too much.ther should be more gear available to go the road of glass cannon for some classes i.e. Shaman

simtex
Suspended

Post#23 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:55 pm

Gmaw wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:22 pm Disrupt is fine as it is imo.Stack more intelligence if you get disrupted too much.ther should be more gear available to go the road of glass cannon for some classes i.e. Shaman
Running softcapped int on RR70+ sorc/bw vs any healer who specs deft defender is not ’fine’ in current state, detaunt is not even needed. I’ve had disrupt chains for 15 GCDs on certain targets, can probably dig up some shadowplay of that.

I think dodge/disrupt mechanics needs rework, something along the lines of the undefendable mara pull from behind but not 100%, diminishing returns based on position.

But one should not forget the days before disrupt changes was made and how RDPS infested the lakes making any MDPS unplayable in RvR.
Beautybeast|Buffedbabe|Inikah|Simtex|Seifu
twitch

Koha

Post#24 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 pm

I think it's a bad idea or should be bound to a tactic and back only not from the side.
Ranged attacks should not become positionnal. Facing melee is a thing, but facing both melee and ranged dps...
I understand the concern about dirupt, for shamans especially, but I don't feel like this is a good solution.

Hold the line should be positionnal indeed (shield) as well as SM WOD for the disrupt/dodge part.
BO and GN channeled block ability are positionnal already
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul

peterthepan3

Post#25 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:59 pm

simtex wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:55 pm I’ve had disrupt chains for 15 GCDs on certain targets, can probably dig up some shadowplay of that.

I would greatly appreciate it if you were to provide some of those clips. Would prefer more of this empirical stuff (kudos to Rama for his informative posts, too), and less anecdotal, 'in my opinion, X is fine' stuff.

Cheers!

Divy

Post#26 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:30 pm

As a melee you have to face your target to parry. And are always trying to keep melee in front of you. If these changes were implemented essentially opposing meele could keep you facing away from casters. And casters would be teeing off with little to no avoidance form 80-100 ft away. What would stop that from happening ? And also what about dodge. Players could still dodge attacks facing away? Magical damage is already stronger then physical and this would make that gap even bigger imo.

Reesh

Post#27 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:42 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:59 pm
simtex wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:55 pm I’ve had disrupt chains for 15 GCDs on certain targets, can probably dig up some shadowplay of that.

I would greatly appreciate it if you were to provide some of those clips. Would prefer more of this empirical stuff (kudos to Rama for his informative posts, too), and less anecdotal, 'in my opinion, X is fine' stuff.

Cheers!
I will do it then <3

Click here to watch on YouTube

More info at clip description.

Crumbs

Post#28 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:44 pm

Only thing I see in the video is you killing that zealot pretty easily.

Rather it shows why the disrupt changes happened in the first place, or you’d get two shot by all the big hitting magic damage dealers. That zealot wouldn’t have been able to walk 3 ft if he wasn’t disrupting as much as he is.

I don’t think a change to disrupt is fair, healers are supposed to be tough for everyone.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Ads
Reesh

Post#29 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:56 pm

Crumbs wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:44 pm Only thing I see in the video is you killing that zealot pretty easily.

Rather it shows why the disrupt changes happened in the first place, or you’d get two shot by all the big hitting magic damage dealers. That zealot wouldn’t have been able to walk 3 ft if he wasn’t disrupting as much as he is.

I don’t think a change to disrupt is fair, healers are supposed to be tough for everyone.
Have you noted, that this zealot was 35r and was supposed to be weak when targeted by BiS dps? Additionally, he died only cause he got hit multiple times with unblockable skills and heal debuff luckily landed.
On the other hand, any dps class that isn't a caster would eat him on breakfast in 3gcd (with my slayer in 1 probably). Check what happens at 0:32 when WL just touches him.

Flavorburst

Post#30 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:30 am

Reesh wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:56 pm
Crumbs wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:44 pm Only thing I see in the video is you killing that zealot pretty easily.

Have you noted, that this zealot was 35r and was supposed to be weak when targeted by BiS dps? Additionally, he died only cause he got hit multiple times with unblockable skills and heal debuff luckily landed.
On the other hand, any dps class that isn't a caster would eat him on breakfast in 3gcd (with my slayer in 1 probably). Check what happens at 0:32 when WL just touches him.
Him being 35 doesn't doesn't make him automatically weak since bolster is pretty good about adding a healthy amount of resists/stats/disrupt/etc.

Secondly, if you are pointing out that he explodes to melee, doesn't that just show that he is sacrificing in order to mitigate your damage?

I don't know both players gear sets and setups, but if he is investing max DD, some rr willpower, willpower talis instead of armor, disrupt tactics, etc... shouldn't the return be acceptable?

I am not sure if willpower balance needs to be reviewed solely based on your inability to merc a healer that is potentially specifically specced to mitigate your damage.
Last edited by Flavorburst on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.