Recent Topics

Ads

[Implemented] Crimson Death (duration)

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
mindchamber001

Re: Crimson Death (duration)

Post#121 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:45 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: SNB Mage killer is already somewhat viable, imo.
Oh, well, maybe I just need to git gud...
Servant of the Dark Prince

Ads
Jaycub

Post#122 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:35 pm

Was able to test this today w/ marauder's impale tactic, and they do infact stack. Meaning destro does have access to 100% uptime 20% crit debuff running both 2h BG and mara... as a sort of counterpart to knight atm, tho requiring two classes one of which is subpar class running a subpar spec and not giving 10% of that crit to healers as well, although giving all of that crit to out of party players but only a single target, where as knight has 10% out of party crit in an aoe.

The change definitely brought both realms closer in terms of ability to stack crit.

I still think that crimson death could definitely use just a bit more love if the design of 2h BG is to no have access to core KD, you could for instance make the KD a 10pt middle tree specable and make the crit reduction ability core which would also buff 2h BG regardless of if they spec for the KD or not and have real choices being made when going 2h.

Do I get CD and the KD? Or do I get CD and outgoing healdebuff/choking fury?

As for CD itself, BG is in dire need of an auto crit mechanism to get the most out of their wounds debuff to make it competitive w/ chosens. We all know wounds debuffs do more on a full HP target. Knight and chosen both have the ability to do this, but BG has to crit on the first hit in order to do so. Making CD auto crit would go a long ways to making their wounds debuff better. Alternatively making it undefendable would make the 10% crit debuff much more reliable on par with knights ability to do so with dirty tricks or encouraged aim and allow them to keep up with marauders ability to spam their crit debuff on impale.

Edit noise:
Dear Cubsy - allthough i am not sure why this thread wasnt actually closed yet but - you basically necro this topic and use it to ask for more buffs allthough isnt even up for any debate. The topic at hand was and is only for what was already changed with it. I should remind you all that this is NO topic to discuss, or rather cry about Marauder,Kotbs Lifedebuffs or whatever so cut it out or get removed from here - this counts for everyone.

As for the Undefendable - iirc this was posted lots of pages before and im not going to look it up, but i think that was already dismissed as well.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

TenTonHammer

Post#123 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:58 pm

Jaycub wrote:Was able to test this today w/ marauder's impale tactic, and they do infact stack. Meaning destro does have access to 100% uptime 20% crit debuff running both 2h BG and mara... as a sort of counterpart to knight atm, tho requiring two classes one of which is subpar class running a subpar spec and not giving 10% of that crit to healers as well, although giving all of that crit to out of party players but only a single target, where as knight has 10% out of party crit in an aoe.

The change definitely brought both realms closer in terms of ability to stack crit.

As for CD itself, BG is in dire need of an auto crit mechanism to get the most out of their wounds debuff to make it competitive w/ chosens. We all know wounds debuffs do more on a full HP target. Knight and chosen both have the ability to do this, but BG has to crit on the first hit in order to do so. Making CD auto crit would go a long ways to making their wounds debuff better. Alternatively making it undefendable would make the 10% crit debuff much more reliable on par with knights ability to do so with dirty tricks or encouraged aim and allow them to keep up with marauders ability to spam their crit debuff on impale.
Tactic stacking with abilities, makes sense

Real talk though if yu want to make hastened dooms wounds debuff more appealing its not chosens balst wave debuff you need to worry about, both classes wounds debuff is competing with maras

and yes i second CD should be undefendable

Same as above

TenTonHammer

Post#124 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:15 am

Your already taking a subpar guard tank who brings little bar CD atm, his other kit stuff shown up by Mara and choppa

BG cannot benifit from chop fasta anyway becuase you wont have the hate to sustain spamming the ablity secondly the duration matches the CD so why bother spamming it?

If you want "big AoE dmg" they why not use a sorc with chop fasta whom synergizes better anyway and is a less weak grp comp

Making the ability undefendable is about making the debuff consistent to apply

Also it's not like aoe undefendable attacks are not a thing

Arena

Post#125 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:28 pm

My opinion:
Crimson death is fine like it is now, it will be too much to make it 10s last with 10s CD.
It will be better idea to make BG's knockdown requires parry or block, instead of block only, and make it for 4 seconds, which is middle between 3 - 5 they have right now. Probably cost like 10-15 career resourse too.
I remind: IB have 2 knockdowns: one after block or parry (requires shied), another just activated by ability (requires great weapon), both for 3 seconds long.

Bozzax

Post#126 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:32 pm

I just don't like the idea of making one of the hardest hitting AOE abilities in game undef on a 5s CD for a heavy armor archetype :)

(5s if you team with a Choppa)
Last edited by Bozzax on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

normanis

Post#127 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:49 pm

just remember if u make 2hander bg better than 1hand and shield than they play as 2hander and never use guard on u. and on ask guard me i am mdps or healer than noone even listen to u. in my opinion its good like it is. 2handed black guard is good already. there are multipe video where ppl show they are good and op. and kobs need sacrefice 2 tactics to get some +20crit. for kobs is only 10 for ather is 20.
just dont punish mdps because bg can survive without guard byt chopa are glass canon and die easy. if all party will be black guards i go also black guard than what u do? will crimson replace each ather? actully i dont know is it bug or not byt i can aoe monstrouse rending as shield. i think when i played in old war i never can use aoe as shield tank bg. so its already good for bg here. i was think put bolstered anger to 5 points because it is life siver, and more worse it....... atleast for me. i die alot
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Bozzax

Post#128 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Why not drop Anger Drives me to 3pts, move Terrifying Foe up to 7pts and swap NSP and FoF

Other 2h tanks already have easy access to better avoidance buffs (IB, SM, Cho).
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Azarael

Post#129 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:40 pm

EDIT: I shouldn't even be posting, this should be locked per balance forum rules.

Locked for off-topic / served purpose. Further discussion will be started on BG as and when balance changes begin again.