Recent Topics

Ads

[Implemented] Crimson Death (duration)

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
th3gatekeeper

Re: Crimson Death (duration)

Post#101 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:31 am

Torquemadra wrote:As has been said earlier, try it and see what happens, the worst is a change back and shelving till later.
BOOM. Exactly. bump to 10 second duration. Honestly wont affect balance at all but will be a nice QoL fix for BGs which is an underpowered class that needs some love. All three 2H BGs that play will love the fix :P
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Ads
Kazekiri

Post#102 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:14 pm

It doesnt cost much to try with the possibility to come back in the future if different change are needed.
We already tried the 10 sec duration some months ago due to a bug, it got fixed quickly but nobody complained and no major unbalance issue were seen anyway.

Tesq

Post#103 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:29 am

In general the class compared to chosen/bo fall not only in redundancy, as have something of the other classes aswell make easier to you be picked instead another classes. BG then is also both in quality and in quantity inferior to IB, while in sc the difference is lower from bo/chosen it get pretty easy to spot in orvr.

1)First path is aoe support path/orvr/massive engage(it also have some ST tools too indeed); but to be an usefull tool as a 5 sec debuff it need to get apply constantly.

Leave aside the previously 2 points and cosidering bg as cross- mirror of kobs it would be not a problem for sure see it spammable

contr vs kobs mirrors
-not undefitable like aura effect /passive like dirty tricks(aza made the reference)
-consume ap
-need 2h--> loose KD/Htl/chance to block his damages and guarded damages

that's a lot of downside for a classes that should cross mirror/counter some aspects of another one

2)about duration and CD

i see 2 ways of implementation:
- 10 sec with 10 sec CD,
-5 sec with 5 sec CD

You could ask why

pros of 5/5 sec
-can be faster swap to other target area
-skill is aoe , so it can be used also as aoe in the rotation save some hate that bg need to boost his toughness while still aoe
-if it will be decided to make it cleanseable it would be a bane to cleanse

pros of 10/10
-less ap consume
-if not cleansebale you loose less time taking care of base debuff and can also cc etc

Per se first path BG when is going aoe supp dosen't have ap problem as the main aoe skills requrie hate and considering that this skill have a different approach to the others in the path (aoe and not ST, while the wounds debuff can proc both st/aoe), it should be fixed considering an aoe set up and rotation and not a ST set up with a ST rotation. So the best implementation would be 5 sec duration with 5 sec of CD (aka aoe stuff need to be spammy or it don't work) if it remain cleansebale. If bg want to be pick instead chosen/bo it need something very good for group support as chosen/bo alredy cover every aspect of party configuration, from cc, stat buff, anti-magic damage set up, morales.

Azarael

Post#104 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:05 pm

We will trial CD at 10 seconds.

Gobtar

Post#105 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:54 pm

I feel this change is a nice QoL buff, I am happy that this buff will not detract from addressing the issues that plague the Black Guard. Good luck with the trials!

catholicism198

Post#106 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:56 pm

I want to play a Black Guard but as others have said...it has the worst dps mastery of all
Azarael wrote:We will trial CD at 10 seconds.
Is the the duration going to be increased to 10 seconds? Or the cool down? The CD is already 10 seconds- so...the former?

Gobtar

Post#107 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:08 pm

CD stands for Crimson Death in this case, not cool-down.

Zintair

Post#108 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:19 am

I mained a BG in Live and I can pretty safely say the only time I ever found 2h spec to be effective is when Elite Training actually gave 100% parry for the full duration or I was against a PUG in SCs or ORvR. This buff to Crimson Death is minimal but definitely a good start. 100% uptime is where it needs to be and I am not surprised when it was like that most people didn't even notice. Not to mention it can be rectified if not.

I am curious how many 2h BGs actually play that would be able to fully test this?
Phoenix Throne - Bad Moon Officer - Black Guard / Chosen

ROR - Zinn SM 34/34 // Zindaddy RP
Montague

Ads
zazie

Post#109 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:34 am

As someone who ran with a BG commonly on Live in a MDPS centric group, I find this proposed buff to be a bit irrelevant. The utility the BG loses for a mere 10% perma chance to increased critical chance isn't as a big of a gain DPS wise as is the amount of DPS you can nullify by being SNB. Yes it helps for spike damage, which in the games current state of lack of Critical Hit chance % (Magic/Melee), it in theory sounds good, but if you consider the fact that you can utilize a 5s KD vs a healer and train the other healer down with no cross heals and decreased heal value via an Incoming heal debuff, you're likely going to wipe the other healer anyways and put a massive strain on the enemy. CC is the bread and butter of taking down targets. This is just a small example, not including mitigation and other utility features like AP Drain, Armor/wounds debuff, etc.

Ideally to make it worth while, I would say increase the chance to be critcally hit to 20% (Because crit% is so low) and keep it at a 5s duration/10s CD, that way you have to coordinate Burst over 2gcd's to exploit it to its max potential. This might seem OP, but it also forces the 2H BG as a more forward spec which is the entire point of the build itself. Also, as an example of above of the KD healer 2 and train healer 1, by utilizing the 5s KD, you can actually get 4GCD's in as opposed to 2 before a potential incoming heal will land.
Formerly Delita Hyral, Zalmo Resnada, Zazie TheBeast, and Ninesevensix Evil of Badlands/Iron Rock/Gorfang/Red Eye Mountain.

Before you discuss balance with me, know I have more banned renown than you have renown period.

Crymoor
Banned

Post#110 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:38 am

Think there's a solid 4-5 BGs on the server.

I Intend to play around with it for a bit (will be nice for ORvR bomb groups), but as was stated this is just a minor QoL buff and doesn't at all make up for all the shortcomings of going 2h over S/B imo.

Now can we reduce/remove the CD on Blade of Ruin and make it stackable? A minor buff to Elite Training would be really nice as well...

EDIT: massive brain fart.
Last edited by Crymoor on Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was almost funny once.