Recent Topics

Ads

[Implemented] Crimson Death (duration)

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Gachimuchi

Re: Crimson Death (duration)

Post#111 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:27 am

Crymoor wrote:Think there's a solid 4-5 BGs on the server.

I Intend to play around with it for a bit (will be nice for ORvR bomb groups), but as was stated this is just a minor QoL buff and doesn't at all make up for all the shortcomings of going 2h over S/B imo.

Now can we reduce/remove the CD on Rending Blade and make it stackable? A minor buff to Elite Training would be really nice as well...

What? Rending Blade isn't a debuff.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Ads
Crymoor
Banned

Post#112 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:41 am

Apologies, massive brain fart. I meant to refer to Blade of Ruin. I was suggesting it be changed to a stackable ailment similar to Rend, as right now the damage is fairly laughable and the 10sec cooldown is not merited.
I was almost funny once.

jojomen

Post#113 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:34 am

My personal opinion - that we should extend duration of crimson death up to 10 sec , but instead reducing its damage overall -50% anyway they would get more crits from other skills for soloplay - and would become more useful for party as dBuffer.

(off-topic)BTW SMs parry buff still 5 sec duration - even after thread of 300 pages - isnt it all meaningless?
(Cant we just swap effects SM parry buff with chosen parry buff?)
jojomen wrote:Oh comon man, ofc its more based on ppl preference :
Order : (GUNS+FIREBALLS+bowmaster) ofc all ppl wonna be sexy archer or mage.
Destro : (SWORD+muscle CHOSEN, big foot orcs, alex mercer) tough and Manly males.

Sigimund

Post#114 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:33 pm

jojomen wrote: (off-topic)BTW SMs parry buff still 5 sec duration - even after thread of 300 pages - isnt it all meaningless?
Azarael is identified with the SM class and vulnerable to accusations of bias. Probably means SM will be handled after building up some "neutrality capital" by balancing several other classes first.

Zealote

Post#115 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:37 pm

That's an example of why it's a good thing such changes weren't made in the past: SMs don't seem to be in any need of it at the moment.
Aetir

Penril

Post#116 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:39 pm

jojomen wrote:My personal opinion - that we should extend duration of crimson death up to 10 sec , but instead reducing its damage overall -50% anyway they would get more crits from other skills for soloplay - and would become more useful for party as dBuffer.

(off-topic)BTW SMs parry buff still 5 sec duration - even after thread of 300 pages - isnt it all meaningless?
(Cant we just swap effects SM parry buff with chosen parry buff?)

What is your reasoning for nerfing its damage? The change has been out for a little over month, enough to test it imho. Did you find it hitting too hard? Is it too strong/OP? Have you tested both playing a 2H BG and fighting against one?

Crymoor
Banned

Post#117 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:48 pm

Edit by Penril - Keep it civil or be banned from the balance discussion forum. First warning. To clarify, saying "your opinion sux" is not gonna be accepted here. Don't edit this post again.
Last edited by Crymoor on Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was almost funny once.

TenTonHammer

Post#118 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:53 pm

Zintair wrote:
I am curious how many 2h BGs actually play that would be able to fully test this?
Ive played with it/tested it.

I will echo what everyone else here said its a nice QoL change and nothing else.

2H bg is still one of the weakest if not the weakest 2H tank in terms of what you lose and get in return.

When i played it in a guild WB neither i nor anyone else felt

WAOW! THAT 10% CRIT IS WHY WE WON THAT FIGHT!

Because our sorcs already had high crit with mechanic and crit stacking gear.

When we did some grp stuff and i was a melee assister people told me it was alright but they would have prefered a 2H BO b/c snare single target CD increase-r and initiative steal + higher spike dps

2H BG and the BG class in genereal still need attention

Ads
mindchamber001

Post#119 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:36 pm

It's a nice QoL change, yeah.

As a BG main I think that the class needs some attention to bring it in line with Chosen and BO viability as a tank. I also would love for the "mage-killer" playstyle to be viable, since the SnB mage hunter is the most attractive playstyle to me.
Servant of the Dark Prince

peterthepan3

Post#120 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:39 pm

mindchamber001 wrote:It's a nice QoL change, yeah.

As a BG main I think that the class needs some attention to bring it in line with Chosen and BO viability as a tank. I also would love for the "mage-killer" playstyle to be viable, since the SnB mage hunter is the most attractive playstyle to me.
SNB Mage killer is already somewhat viable, imo.