Recent Topics

Ads

[Implemented] Destroy Confidence (existence)

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Ktana

Re: Destroy Confidence (existence)

Post#11 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:10 pm

If proc builds would be annihilated by the hammer of Sigmar (no doubt this should be done), then triple shatter is not necessary.

Ads
Azarael

Post#12 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:11 pm

zumos2 wrote:
Azarael wrote: I would rather not have to resort to very specific hacks like unshatterable DSU, btw, as we cannot change the typing and this will cause false shattering attempts on the client which the server will then block. If you can triple or even double shatter the likes of 'E,QB', the resist buff and the cleanse tactic, that's still bad enough for me, because the point is that Shaman shouldn't be subject to any kind of improved shattering at all.
Is it not possible to change it to become a "buff" instead of enchantment, like you made ID from slayer into Ailment from being a debuff?

Also I wouldn't mind the triple shatter being removed, but we should also consider different solutions which may or not may be less obvious.
I was able to change Inevitable Doom because a separate entry for it existed on the client up in their test range for buffs, at 20xxx, which the client correctly displays as an ailment. Just to recap, as mentioned before, the client has a list of ability IDs in its database and the effects / typing / etc for each, and the server only has override control on the duration and which components to show in the tooltip.

Do Sumfin Useful only has one ID, the enchantment at 3274.

Sigimund

Post#13 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:18 pm

Make DC remove one of each type of buff rather than three of the same type? As a compromise.

Tesq

Post#14 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:27 pm

the question would be, how many times does it get takes in rvr? which are very low to non exsistence.

inside the sc you look the rooster; if there is shammy you can easily spec it, if there is a sorc how many gona spec it? i think an aoe snare it's a lot more effective.

So you just spec it for shammy and inside SC really.

From every perspective this tactic it's wrong, even changed it to remove 1 of each it could just make it even more broken since by get spamable with a CD decrease (5 to 0 sec) you wil be be able to remove every 0,50 sec 3x buff of any kind from 1 target. There is really no need for any more buff remover , my experience as healer it's that my hots get dispelled/shatterd most of times. A tactic like this just give a mostrous advantage making your damages x second surpass your enemys heals x second with out make em have any real counter.

Stuff like this and 20% wp heal increase should just get remove from the game they are what remain of an old history of skils deleted with patch note that hitted most of the broken stuff.
Last edited by Tesq on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#15 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:29 pm

As someone who plays with an engi often and has to buff his damn turret, recasting FoR/FS is not an issue and having shatter confidence is surely not a counter to it or a reason to not nerf this tactic.

Just get rid of it already.

Azarael

Post#16 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:41 pm

Signalling intention to remove Destroy Confidence with next patch.

Toldavf

Post#17 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:07 pm

Perhaps in future we can discus what to do with this tacitc I have a few ideas on what to change it to.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Chaoself

Post#18 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:16 pm

That tactic is only good on dps kotbs and not really useful if there are not shamans or sorcs so it not that strong imo.
What you should balance is being capable to have EVERYTHING on this current spec
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=kot ... :;;0:0:0:0: while other tanks are not even able to have a proper aoe snare, or just 20seconds of coldown on their CC.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#19 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:17 pm

Azarael wrote:Signalling intention to remove Destroy Confidence with next patch.
Thus begins

The SHAMAN APOCALYPSE! :twisted:

Toldavf

Post#20 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:18 pm

those are separate issues mate, you can't fix a game like this with huge sweeping changes you have to take baby steps.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-