Recent Topics

Ads

[Trialed] Magical Infusion / Shrug It Off

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Jaycub

[Trialed] Magical Infusion / Shrug It Off

Post#1 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:09 pm

A mirrored 9pt ability for both shaman and archmage in their healing tree. Recent efforts by the dev team have been focusing on class mechanics and lifetaps, having some pure healing ability changes I feel could also help bring this classes further along balance wise.

Why choose this ability specifically? It's usually touted as unreliable, and letdown by it's long CD etc... It's a perfect mirror on both classes mastery trees and for the most part would effect realm balance equally.

The main problem is that the 20% threshold is far too low, destro is very stacked on wounds debuffs and it's quite often order classes will find themselves around the 4.5k HP mark. While order doesn't currently run it's wounds debuffs often, the classes it's on (knight/Slayer) are going to be up on the chopping block soon I'm sure and the result of which will be their builds running wounds debuff becoming much more viable options. While at 4.5k or even 5k HP a simple 1200 damage M1 or crit on an unguarded target can easily bypass the threshold.

My proposal is basically to open up a discussion regarding this ability in order to tweak or overhaul it to forward AM/Shaman healing reliability independent of lifetaps/mechanic which are lacking in comparison to it's counterparts.

1) address a new threshold %
2) address the CD/frequency of use
3) Possibly change the utility/function of the ability, example (change the heal component to a last stand type mechanic where it buffs the target for 3 seconds when the hp % threshold is met where their HP cannot be lowered past 1)
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Azarael

Re: Magical Infusion / Shrug It Off

Post#2 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:17 pm

I will be monitoring this topic. Moved.

Jaycub

Post#3 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:00 am

Maybe start off with threshold?

I'd like to see it at 30%, that being 1200 damage (m1's like server nerve) on a worst case scenario wounds debuffed target (4k max hp). On your average HP around 6k that's when the target's HP is reduced under 1800.

Toldavf

Post#4 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:06 am

30% seems a very reasonable threshold it would still allow the skill the risk of being bypassed by a single bit crit but at the same time increases the likely hood of a proc on a target that is actually guarded/well protected.

All in all i feel a positive move.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Jaycub

Post#5 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:37 am

30% would admittedly remove most of the counterplay, but I'm not even sure myself how fast the spell dispells itself, like how many milliseconds after the threshold is breached does it activate and does it allow for multiple hits to pass through before it actually triggers? This is a big factor imo.

Also is the skill powerful enough to warrant such counterplay etc...? it's on a 60 sec cooldown that gives a target essentially a heal equal to 2 sec cast single target heal that you can bury on them and hopefully get it to proc in preparation for predicted burst. But the insta cast property also turns it into a powerful insta cast heal akin to maybe the Z/RP 3 min CD wounds buff?

I don't think the cost can be ignored spec wise either, the current changes are making the lifetap tree much more appealing to all playstyles. It's not longer just a no-brainer to grab this ability in a healing spec.

Nekkma

Post#6 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:44 am

I think changing the threshold to 30 % is a good start. On live, with full TB and 10k hp it still didn't trigger all the time on assisted targets. 30 % would make it more reliable and the ability itself is not that strong to cause any issues.

Given all the things going on with the classes atm I do not think the third suggestion should be tested now. It sounds really interesting but 3 seconds full damage immunity feels very powerfull.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Jaycub

Post#7 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:00 am

Nekkma wrote:I think changing the threshold to 30 % is a good start. On live, with full TB and 10k hp it still didn't trigger all the time on assisted targets. 30 % would make it more reliable and the ability itself is not that strong to cause any issues.

Given all the things going on with the classes atm I do not think the third suggestion should be tested now. It sounds really interesting but 3 seconds full damage immunity feels very powerfull.
Spoiler:
For that example change I was thinking of dazzle's shallow grave in dota

>Prevents the target's health from dropping below 1 for its duration. No damage can kill it for its duration, not even self-inflicted damage.

Basically you aren't immune to damage, just you can't be dropped below 1 health while the buff is up. Possibly could make it so morale damage could bypass it for counterplay.

Anyone have any comments on the cooldown though? I like it to be reduced, even 45 seconds would be nice, also seen suggestions of it healing either for the full amount or a percentage if the effect ends and it's not triggered. Could also be cool if it did something when it ended without dispelling like a buff/cleanse instead.

DefinitelyNotWingz

Post#8 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:17 am

Shrug it off (as well as the AM version) gets contribution from "aint done yet". Which means 40% extra heal while the target is under 25%. It can crit too. The base value on heal specc is around 1000 (average crit 1500). With aint done yet 1400 (average crit 2100). Had it heal on my shaman for 2,5k, all thanks to aint done yet.
Increasing the threshold over 25% interferes with the shamans/ams own mechanic of healing, to heal more efficient when the target is below 25%.
You know who I am.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#9 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:57 am

DefinitelyNotWingz wrote:Shrug it off (as well as the AM version) gets contribution from "aint done yet". Which means 40% extra heal while the target is under 25%. It can crit too. The base value on heal specc is around 1000 (average crit 1500). With aint done yet 1400 (average crit 2100). Had it heal on my shaman for 2,5k, all thanks to aint done yet.
Increasing the threshold over 25% interferes with the shamans/ams own mechanic of healing, to heal more efficient when the target is below 25%.
Well thats the problem right there.
It's an abillity that costs 55 AP, Got 1min CD, Requires a tactic to make be usefull, Mastery points investment. Receptant to healdebuffs and has a heavy condition to even do anything. Compare it to Daemonic Fortitude/PotA wich i doing a simular thing but is just better at everything except for it cooldown.

I'd like to see Soul Infusion/Shrug it Off become a group buff.

Nameless

Post#10 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:04 am

imo cd and lasting time should be 30/30 sec \or at least the same on 1 min\ so u can chain cast it since the heal is so unreliable and quite random.
about the trigger i think 25% is better than 30 becouse of the 40% increase from the tactic. that means it almost negate the heal debuff which means than procing on 25% will give much more heal than proc on 30%.
And some osrt of priority would be nice, to have guarantee proc even if the target is insta killed. if that could be codes so the heal proc before the fatal blow is it is more than 25% of target hp that would be enough to justify the usegae of the heal
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz