Recent Topics

Ads

[Implemented] Group cleansing.

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
roadkillrobin

Re: Group cleansing.

Post#11 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:19 pm

Imo AoE effect on AM/Shamans core cleanse abillity, and remove the AP increase on Swift Runes and Endless Gifts.
Shamans/AM in dire need of AoE utillity, and straight up reducing an effect like Efficiant Patching/Cleansing power can have a massive impact on dps vs hps output. (or TTK)

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#12 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:26 pm

Regardless of AM though (i think they should have aoe cleanse potential), the dok /wp variant needs a nerf due to effectiveness vs no risk/ease of use.

Telen
Suspended

Post#13 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:30 pm

Really shifting aoe cleanse to AM/Shaman doesnt address the real issue just pushes it to affect a different bunch of classes particularly when Shaman cant cleanse Engi dots.

I like the idea of switching the gcleanse to target lesser effects while the main target of the cleanse still cleanses all efffects and give all healers access to gcleanse tactics.

WarXL

Post#14 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:36 pm

How about to add aoe effect to shaman's and am's tactics Green Cleanin'/ Isha's Encouragement and increase to 7-8 seconds cooldowns of cleanse abilities for both DoK/Shaman and WP/AM if aoe tactics are slotted?

Reesh

Post#15 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:38 pm

Any of the posted solutions are good (in the 1st post), even moving aoe cleanse to am/sham.
Anyway, something has to be done, because double dok parties is the stuff that almost can't be dealt with, as the majority of important debuffs/dots that order has, are in their "cleanse range".

Solution 5: decrease the range of a cleanse to 10ft from a friendly target, so patching of a hard wound would require some critical positioning. That situation would open to group blobbing and moving as one, but it would also put risk on a healers being close to the danger.
Solution 6: increase the cost of it to a large amount - 100 mechanic points or 125 ap, so the usage of it would be highly tactical, and not brainlessly spammable.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#16 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:08 pm

I agree to issue 1 and 2 (especially the no line of sight requirement)

Solution 2 sounds best (it would also solve issue 3 by the way). Ah, and I don´t agree that especially this solution need futher adjustments for other healers or AoE-dots (besides giving them a extra category). Or maybe a mix between 1b and 2 (only yourself or lesser debuff of group/anyone of target).

Solution 4 and also a drastically increase of the cost of the ability/tactic would require a balance of this "fluff" AoE damage dots (decreasing damage, increasing cooldowns), which makes this a difficult solution. The other 3 solutions (not entierly sure about solution 3) don´t require other balance actions.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

navis

Post#17 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:19 pm

While I hadn't previously considered this as big a issue as the post clearly does, I had recently been considering abilities which are very powerful and involve group mates. This falls into that category.
I had considered such abilities to be primarily designed for cases where class synergy was present (and in range). Concluding that the extra 'op-ness' allowable only when classes involved where in range (and maybe even LoS), thus emphasizing class roles.

SO probably solution lies as some combination between 1b and 4, IMHO.

thx

Lindisfarne

Post#18 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:27 pm

I can get behind this, i play dok as my main, and i wouldn't mind taking a few nerfs to bring the other healers up to par. My main concern is that AoE and ranged DPS is already extremely effective, and if this cleanse nerf happens i believe it will be much worse. AoE/range dps will need to be looked at next if this goes into effect. (just my opinion of course)

Something i think might be a better solution is to nerf DoK/WP regen on their soul essence/righteous fury. Make the regen much slower, but possibly allow essence lash to be slightly more effective. This would make dok/wp more of the front line healer they're supposed to be, because they would have to hit enemies to keep their resources up to heal.
Last edited by Lindisfarne on Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
free typi
Lindisfarne Massacre--Northernrage--Pagans Mind--Dio

Ads
Azarael

Post#19 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:28 pm

WP/DoK ease of play and lack of melee interaction will be addressed in a future experimental mode, but that's quite far down the line. Additionally bear in mind that WH/WE will be snaring from the side in next patch.

Cimba

Post#20 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:45 pm

Solution 1
I have doubt's that this solution would accomplishs what it set out to do: To create a weakness that could be exploited. Let's look at two different cases

Case one: WP/DoK is focus target
IMO your group has to make sure that it can sustain their important debuffs on the focus target regardless of the tactic choice of your opponent. This means that it doesn't really matter if the DoK can't cleanse himself because in this situation he won't cleanse anything important.

Case two: WP/DoK is not focus target
In this case you would want to apply a meaningfull debuff that can't be cleansed. The only one that I could think of is the outgoing heal debuff. However AFAIK the long duration (WL/IB) OHD on Order side wouldn't be affected from this change.

In conclusion I don't think this solution would have any significant impact (Order perspective).

Solution 2
My preferred solution. Nothing much to add. Maybe modify the cleansing tactics of other healers so that the group gets some kind of benefit when a lesser XYZ is cleansed.

Solution 3
I'm not expert on WP/DoK builds so I can't really comment.

Solution 4
I would prefer this over 1 due to the fact that an increased cooldown can make a huge difference.
E.g. 10 sec cooldown with group cleanse would make it really hard/impossible for a double dok/wp grp to cleanse Word of Pain or Boiling Blood in time.