Recent Topics

Ads

[Implemented] Resurrect: Get'n Smarter

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Telen
Suspended

Re: Resurrect: Get'n Smarter

Post#41 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:30 pm

zumos2 wrote: With the experimental changes also AM has insane healing while pressured.
The same changes Shaman has access to to increase its already better pressure resistance.

Ads
zumos2

Post#42 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:35 pm

Spoiler:
Telen wrote:
zumos2 wrote: In the current state of the game AM is MUCH superior to shaman in healing simply because of Wild Healing. And yes I've played both in the current state.
If youre relying on WH instead of the ap drain youre doing it wrong
That can only come from someone who never played without Wild Healing
Not discussing AMs - Penril
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Telen
Suspended

Post#43 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:37 pm

Spoiler:
zumos2 wrote: That can only come from someone who never played without Wild Healing
If you are dependant on wild healing you arent being pressured. Youre able to stand to cast gheal to get a proc.

zumos2

Post#44 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:38 pm

Spoiler:
Telen wrote:
zumos2 wrote: With the experimental changes also AM has insane healing while pressured.
The same changes Shaman has access to to increase its already better pressure resistance.
This is just a retarded comment trying to not make you look stupid. You say AM healing plummets when under pressure. I tell you you are wrong because you are and then you bring up a completely other point... If that is how I have to discuss with people omg
User has been warned for this post. Also, we are not discussing AM - Penril

zumos2

Post#45 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:41 pm

Spoiler:
Telen wrote:
zumos2 wrote: That can only come from someone who never played without Wild Healing
If you are dependant on wild healing you arent being pressured. Youre able to stand to cast gheal to get a proc.
That comment shows a complete lack of knowledge which doesn't suprise me at all. Wild Healing procs of EVERY TYPE OF HEAL, so also hots etc. So no you don't have to stand still and cast group heal to get a proc. And no healers are not pressured all the time, at least not if you play in a good team. So WH makes a huge difference and it even does when you are being pressured but as it doesn't reduce certain heals you can cast on the move it is less significant when being pressued.

Telen
Suspended

Post#46 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:42 pm

Spoiler:
zumos2 wrote: This is just a retarded comment trying to not make you look stupid. You say AM healing plummets when under pressure. I tell you you are wrong because you are and then you bring up a completely other point... If that is how I have to discuss with people omg
AMs healing does plummet compared to Shaman when pressured. Any pressure resistance given by lifetaps benefit shaman even more so due to theit already better hots to keep the mechanic points for increased efffective lifetaps.

Telen
Suspended

Post#47 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:46 pm

Spoiler:
zumos2 wrote:
Telen wrote:
That comment shows a complete lack of knowledge which doesn't suprise me at all. Wild Healing procs of EVERY TYPE OF HEAL, so also hots etc. So no you don't have to stand still and cast group heal to get a proc. And no healers are not pressured all the time, at least not if you play in a good team. So WH makes a huge difference and it even does when you are being pressured but as it doesn't reduce certain heals you can cast on the move it is less significant when being pressued.
And this comment shows a complete lack of knowledge because the hots, cleanse and shield dont take advantage of wild healing they are enchantments not a heal. Which is pretty much all your kiting heals unless youre spamming HE. As said if you are dependant on wild healing youre a gheal spammer facing bad players or sitting in a keep. Dont school me on a class I played for 6 years.
Last edited by Telen on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thayli

Post#48 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:49 pm

bloodi wrote:If all you do is spam group heal in a warband, yeah, you may have a point.

In a group comp where you can ap drain and be on the move? Hell no. Shaman in on top.
I honestly have no idea why people think the AP drain is good. It really isn't. Disrupt and Block rates are too high to merit spending a whopping 50 AP on something that fails most of the time. You also get no AP back if your target dies, runs out of AP or it gets cleansed. The only time to use it is in a 1v1 scenario. Not to mention you have no time to do anything but group healing and maybe Ere We Go for morale pump. Picking a target with low resists isn't really something you get to do in RVR with 10 fps.
Telen wrote:Shamans are the best kiting healer in the game. The have a 3 hots. One with a huge toughness boost. Compare that to the AM whos healing plummets when pressured. You cant always heal from behind keep walls. They also have the best toughness debuff in the game. They may not put out more dps on the scoreboard than an am but that is covered by the extra dps your group does to debuffed targets. All AM have is a lousy aoe debuff and their debuffs help SM who already have their own better debuffs. At least Shamans debuff can benefit the damage type magus dont have a debuff for.. AM are a very very selfish dps.
HoTs but no flash heals is just worse. When someone gets focused (and in organized play they will), HoTs are completely and absolutely useless. If a WH or WL is in my face, HoTs do absolutely nothing. I know that Shaman's niche is supposed to be kiting, and I find it ironic that Zealots are still better at it.

I have no idea why people seem to think AM is getting the short end of the stick here, when we are discussing adding another DoT for a class that already has subpar damage compared to its mirror. Debuffs please, Shaman has horrible debuffs to the point that replacing one of them with Get'n Smarter would be my main suggestion for implementing the OP.
Thayli - SH
Thlayli - SQ

[Phalanx]

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#49 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:53 pm

Spoiler:
Thayli wrote: I honestly have no idea why people think the AP drain is good. It really isn't. Disrupt and Block rates are too high to merit spending a whopping 50 AP on something that fails most of the time. You also get no AP back if your target dies, runs out of AP or it gets cleansed. The only time to use it is in a 1v1 scenario. Not to mention you have no time to do anything but group healing and maybe Ere We Go for morale pump. Picking a target with low resists isn't really something you get to do in RVR with 10 fps.
I dont know why youre getting 10fps but it isnt hard to drain a rpds with low disrupt
Thayli wrote:I have no idea why people seem to think AM is getting the short end of the stick here, when we are discussing adding another DoT for a class that already has subpar damage compared to its mirror. Debuffs please, Shaman has horrible debuffs to the point that replacing one of them with Get'n Smarter would be my main suggestion for implementing the OP.
Horrible debuffs. Self damage debuff. Strongest toughness debuff in the game boosting all dps sources. Also a ranged aoe debuff for magus main burst rotation and aoe which they cant self debuff. With the magus buffs now probably the highest burst a duo can make. That bad? AM have one WL skill that is hardly used and SM who have a better self debuff plus a second proc. As has been said a million times we arent balancing for 1v1 and shaman dps benefits their group far more than AM despite its lower dot damage.
Last edited by Telen on Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zumos2

Post#50 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:01 pm

Spoiler:
Telen wrote:
zumos2 wrote:
Telen wrote: If you are dependant on wild healing you arent being pressured. Youre able to stand to cast gheal to get a proc.
And this comment shows a complete lack of knowledge because the hots, cleanse and shield dont take advantage of wild healing they are enchantments not a heal. Which is pretty much all your kiting heals unless youre spamming HE. As said if you are dependant on wild healing youre a gheal spammer facing bad players or sitting in a keep. Dont school me on a class I played for 6 years.
I love how you changed your post from saying Wild Healing doesn't proc of HoTs, but here is the proof for you: https://youtu.be/LArGHcDGOig And none of those spells will let you run out of AP even though they are not effected by Wild Healing. But if you just run and cast hots, shields and cleanses on yourself you show that you don't know how to play. And I love the "I played this class for 6 years so I must be good" argument. I can bring that card too because my main on live was Shaman. But I'm more interested in what premades you are playing atm and against which premades you have fought and won?