Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer,Magus]Keg,Aegis change v.2

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Sigimund

Re: [Engineer,Magus]Keg,Aegis change v.2

Post#41 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:27 pm

If the argument has to be based on coordinated groups stacked with kegs then Bitterstone are the authorities. As Lesti says, the kegs offer no significant protection against being steamrollered.

If the argument has to be based on a balanced group composition that stacks keg engis then I am not sure there is such a thing. For this reason they do not feature in any balanced group vs balanced group discussion.

Some people are arguing lack of counters as if heal debuffs, punts and forcing people out of the aoe were all impossible.

Also, the inevitable comparisons with the magus wounds buff. Burst is what kills and an instant wounds buff offers more protection against burst than a fluff aoe hot that pads healing scores without saving anyone.

Ads
Glorian

Post#42 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:28 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:Y But u can Make a normal wb say to def a keep and can place 9 kegs from 9 engis that are not in grp in the Front line of the organized wb and u have no Chance to counter that. So the wb got his heals guards buff and so on and the Front line As example lord room, Postern door, all doors get healed about 3 k extra to all his heals what they get and its not affectet by heal debuff and so on.. Sry But thats crazy they dont have something to do for IT Just place IT an go away.
The Heal is not directed to damaged Characters.
Meaning if there are 16 People in front of the Funnel.
8 Tanks, the Engie and 7 other Healers. No one says that the Keg heals the damaged Tanks in front. It heals everyone random, even Players at full health.
Meaning it would even the Healers who are standing behind you who dont need any health.

If this Tactic would be so powerfull of a keg Engie group healing a pug warband. Then why destro is still taking Keeps and break funnels and kill everyone in Lord Room?

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#43 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:42 pm

wy 16 ? the engis and healer dont have to stay there or ? i thougt like 9 tanks go in a front line engis place kegs on tham and move away
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Sgttimmen

Post#44 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:46 pm

It is a fluff heal that looks cool but since the heals are all random and small its next to useless in RVR.
In PVE on the other hand there really is a place for it, it makes farming stuff easier.
I have an engineer @ 40 but i ( and many others) specced Rifleman and Grenadier for rvr.

"Amazing Snipe, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wrench like me.
I once was lost in Tinkerer
but now I'm found,
Was blind, but now Im rifleman
it was Snipe that taught,
their hearts to fear.
And Snipe, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Snipe appear,
the hour I first believed in a useful engineer."

Tesq

Post#45 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:56 pm

it' s not a little caveaut, and of course restric it to 6 ppl would be a nerf because instead heals 9 target that are all taking dmg

-->9 ppl in front line

you will probably heal only 3/4 with 2- not taking dmg as they are healer line blocked and body blocked by all the ppl in the front.
And these other 4 for a value which was used for heal 9 ppl so i is low in comparison to any other g-heals.

so ye restrict it to party only would be a heavy nerf to aoe engi while changing nothing for small skirmish where it's alredy heal 9/12 in eny sc and it can even stack.

Also target are not random i suppose how aoe dmg where fixed same goes for target pick of all other aoe effect range so the nearest target get pick up and not randomly. A well placed keg will heal what the engi whats heal.

10 keg well placed will give 3k on those 9 target every 3 second

Penril

Post#46 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:00 pm

I am still waiting for people to prove that a keg Engi group can beat a balanced, coordinated WB/6-man. We don't nerf things just because they don't have an equivalent on the other realm.

I am also waiting for people to post how to counter Engies in a Keep siege.

Sgttimmen

Post#47 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:02 pm

Well, since des chars are worried about the keg running around and make other kegs pregnant im in for this change:
1. Make it heal party only, working as other aoe heals (most damaged first, simply put)
2. Make it actually heal, IE 750 hp every 3 sec.
3. Make it use the range stats.

Tesq

Post#48 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:04 pm

Penril wrote:I am still waiting for people to prove that a keg Engi group can beat a balanced, coordinated WB/6-man. We don't nerf things just because they don't have an equivalent on the other realm.
this will never happen they are a force multipler, and the issues are not in small skirmish but linked to aoe target cap, vs keg stack

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#49 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Can we get evidence that engi keg stacking has ever impacted any keep siege or scenario ever?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Penril

Post#50 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:10 pm

Tesq wrote:
Penril wrote:I am still waiting for people to prove that a keg Engi group can beat a balanced, coordinated WB/6-man. We don't nerf things just because they don't have an equivalent on the other realm.
this will never happen they are a force multipler, and the issues are not in small skirmish but linked to aoe target cap, vs keg stack
If this means: An Order WB + a group of Keg engies will beat a Destro WB.... well of course. This is a 24v24+.

Give me an example where, in a fight between EQUAL numbers, the WB with several Keg engies will beat the WB with several Choppas/Maras/SHs/BOs/DPS Doks/etc. Assuming equal skill and coordination on both sides.