Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer,Magus]Keg,Aegis change v.2

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
faiden

[Engineer,Magus]Keg,Aegis change v.2

Post#1 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:22 pm

Old thread viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18943&p=206918#p206918

Bugmans brew:
Currently Stackable with other engineers kegs when other AoEs are not this need to be changed to the strongest heal will have priority.

It heals outside of party around 9 ppl I belive and this should be limited to party only

Untargetable while the Aegis for magus is removable, Make the keg Targetable and kill able

The final fix!
Make both Keg and Aegis an AoE buff that increases HP by half of what the caster get and a 25%-50% chance to damage attackers.
Player 1500+ HP / AoE ~ 750 HP to others
Damage and HP dependent on skills placed in the tree. Damage increased by stats.
Engineers (corporeal) / Magus (Elemental)
Make it removable
Last edited by faiden on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faiden@Quakenet#martys_square
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAu ... tu.be&t=73
https://www.twitch.tv/faidentv
Patch Notes 7/1/17 wrote:- Bugman's Best now heals group members instead of all allies

Ads
Penril

Re: [Engineer,Magus]Keg,Aegis change v.2

Post#2 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:34 pm

You are just explaining how these skills work atm, but are not identifying any issues. Explain why Keg is gamebreaking and if an issue is identified, we can move this to Discussions.

Penril

Post#3 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:29 pm

Moving to discussions. The issue is: should there be a limit to the targets healed by the keg?

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:36 pm

The issue should not be should their be a limit

the real issue should be whether Keg should behave like ever other AoE heal in the game

It should not stack and it for sure should not heal out of party

Its inconsistent in performance

Penril

Post#5 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:38 pm

Uhmmm those are "limits". :P

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#6 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:40 pm

Does more kegs stack?
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Akalukz

Post#7 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:44 pm

I think there is a bigger issue, is there a realm imbalance provided by the keg vs none on destro.

On topic, I don't see why keg should heal anyone and everyone to walk by (if that is how it currently works) but rather should be limited to group mates but range increased from 30' to 45' of the keg. Primarily because it is a cast and forget. if it was a channel such as the DoK AoE heal (KE) that will heal anyone it would be different.

@Daknallbomb I do believe all kegs stack
-= Agony =-

Glorian

Post#8 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:48 pm

A keg gives areound 300 health every 3 seconds to 9 random targets in 30 feet range.
If there are two kegs in the Area each Keg gives its health around meaning I can get 300 health from one Keg and then at the same time or some seconds later another 300 health from the other Keg.

But the 9 targets are random. Not the one who is damaged is prefered or the one who is at full health.

Spoiler:
@Realm Inbalance:
For sure. Therefore I demand also and 25 feet castable on the move AoE Knockdown for the Slayer as the Marauder has one. :roll:
Don't bring arguments like that to this discussion - Penril

Ads
Thayli

Post#9 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:58 pm

The problem is that Keg has no counterplay, whereas Aegis does (it can be removed since it is an Enchantment). Additionally, as far as I've seen Keg stacks, and in sieges this is actually quite significant healing. The healing itself isn't so much a problem as the fact that this is on a Ranged DPS.

I propose two nerfs to Keg:

1) Make it targetable
This means no more kegs out in the open for free. You will actually have to place it properly now. This is not even that much of a nerf in keeps, mind you. But it gives us a means to kill it from afar if we see it. Just like a turret.

2) Make it non-stackable
So a single person can only be affected by a single keg at a time. This will not affect Engineer itself yet will make it a little less ridiculous in situations such as sieges where we sometimes see 5 or more.

Given these two nerfs, I would have no problem with out-of-party AoE healing, to be honest.
Thayli - SH
Thlayli - SQ

[Phalanx]

Glorian

Post#10 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:05 pm

Thayli wrote:The problem is that Keg has no counterplay, whereas Aegis does (it can be removed since it is an Enchantment). Additionally, as far as I've seen Keg stacks, and in sieges this is actually quite significant healing. The healing itself isn't so much a problem as the fact that this is on a Ranged DPS.

I propose two nerfs to Keg:

1) Make it targetable
This means no more kegs out in the open for free. You will actually have to place it properly now. This is not even that much of a nerf in keeps, mind you. But it gives us a means to kill it from afar if we see it. Just like a turret.

2) Make it non-stackable
So a single person can only be affected by a single keg at a time. This will not affect Engineer itself yet will make it a little less ridiculous in situations such as sieges where we sometimes see 5 or more.

Given these two nerfs, I would have no problem with out-of-party AoE healing, to be honest.

1. Make it targetable:
Is a nerf at keeps.
AoE cannons are butchering turrets after last Wound change.
Gunturrets are usually down after 5 secs.
Kegs would be hardly on for their 15 secs time.