Recent Topics

Ads

[Partly implimented] BG: KD problem

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Morf

Re: Blade of Ruin modified into a Cave In mirrior

Post#21 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:46 pm

As most of my posts were replying to others here is what i would do if it were up to me...BOR requires great weapon still has dot component, no longer requires parry or block and knocks down target for duration based on hate, 30 hate 1 sec, 60 hate 2 secs, 90 hate 3 secs, the reason why i believe it should work this way and not be a direct mirror of cave in is because its a 6 point skill where as cave in (and other tank kd's) are 10 points, on top of that i would reduce the hate costs of some skills so its more manageable to use kd,punt and cd when needed, to start with CD and furious howl 20 hate ?
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
Tesq

Post#22 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:54 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Koha wrote:I do agree with OP and would incline for the following changes :

Blade of Ruin : 2H required, 3sec CD, hate cost and damage maintained
Spitefull Slam : Shield required + require parry or block

That way 2H BG would catch up with other tanks in terms of CC.
SnB BG will also have a more reliable CC.
We can't have SS pric on parry for the same reason that BoR KD proc on parry

Giving either party access to x2 KDs is broken
even if i favor my solution to break a lance in favour of yours you just need to bind 1 to 2h requirement and 1 to shield requirement that's not real a problem, one exclude the other. Both can have parry label with no problem.

Tesq

Post#23 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:58 pm

Morf wrote:As most of my posts were replying to others here is what i would do if it were up to me...BOR requires great weapon still has dot component, no longer requires parry or block and knocks down target for duration based on hate, 30 hate 1 sec, 60 hate 2 secs, 90 hate 3 secs, the reason why i believe it should work this way and not be a direct mirror of cave in is because its a 6 point skill where as cave in (and other tank kd's) are 10 points, on top of that i would reduce the hate costs of some skills so its more manageable to use kd,punt and cd when needed, to start with CD and furious howl 20 hate ?
the problem with hate cost reduction is that all the hate get consumed togheter you refresh all eff one after another and after that you cant punt/kd well, that's why i continiusly point to skill economy to save both hate have a better hate management.
Plus when you need to def yourself you cant spend hate becuase you drop your defend, it's a dog that bite it's tail over and over and over.

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#24 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:23 pm

Morf wrote:As most of my posts were replying to others here is what i would do if it were up to me...BOR requires great weapon still has dot component, no longer requires parry or block and knocks down target for duration based on hate, 30 hate 1 sec, 60 hate 2 secs, 90 hate 3 secs, the reason why i believe it should work this way and not be a direct mirror of cave in is because its a 6 point skill where as cave in (and other tank kd's) are 10 points, on top of that i would reduce the hate costs of some skills so its more manageable to use kd,punt and cd when needed, to start with CD and furious howl 20 hate ?

The 6 point spot is very justified, when you notice Blackguard can't achieve area snare and self heal in same path than ironbreaker does, aka Ironbreaker can achieve a very good build in only 2 paths (Damage dealing from first path, CC from area snare and self healing supervivence from last one)

Actually the only reason because the Blackguard knowdown is 5 seconds is because it is based on hate, aka the posibility of beign at 70-80 hate mark is very, very, very hight, looking at the amount of hate is continiusly spending the class.
If your suggestion is make this new knowdown based on hate like old one the timer should be 5 seconds too, if you gonna base the KD on hate and making it a very possible 2 seconds only, people will just spend the point in other ability.

Sorry the excuse about ironbreaker having the KD on 10 points slot, is quite hilarious when the blackguard himself is forced to spend 10 points alone in a central path and ironbreaker have it on third one.

Effective builds in 2 paths instead of 3 paths >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KD ability in 6 points mark instead of 10 one.

I think we are talking about a little blackguard buff, if that is the only thing which people gonna offer to the more gimp tank in game, compared to other classes buffs, this is not a buff it is a blehhhh boring retouch of an ability which doesn't change anything.

My suggestion is:

3 seconds KD withouth any requeriment but hate (no block,no parry,no disrupt)
15 hate cost
30 ap cost
20 sec cooldwon
Maintain the damage DoT amount during 8 seconds
Last edited by Lektroluv on Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TenTonHammer

Post#25 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:29 pm

I have no issues with moving BoR to 10 pts and Enaraged beating down to 6 points if that is what you desire to see it "made fair" in your eyes

it would change nothing tbt

DPS spec SnB BG would still need to spec up to Hastened Doom and 2H BG would still need to spec up to CD what it would be at most is a buff to SnB BG to some extent

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#26 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:39 pm

Make it 20sec cd, mirror cave win.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#27 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:42 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:Make it 20sec cd, mirror cave win.
Didn't knew cooldown was 20 sec, editing my post from 10 seconds to 20 seconds, agree

I would suggest a reduction in IB and BG knowback cooldown, from 20 seconds to 15 seconds, is not a gamebreaking buff, would give them more CC control, and since the distance is based on Hate amount, i think would be a fair change.

What is your opinion about that? suggest in other thread?
Last edited by Lektroluv on Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#28 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:56 pm

Knockdown or knockback? Away with ye! is 10 sec cd. Don't play bg, so dunno if they do the same.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#29 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:59 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:Knockdown or knockback? Away with ye! is 10 sec cd. Don't play bg, so dunno if they do the same.

The knowback's cooldown on Blackguard is 20 seconds, too much time in my opinion... if Ironbreaker one is only 10 seconds, the Blackguard one could use some cooldown reduction.

Tesq

Post#30 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:09 pm

Lektroluv wrote:
GodlessCrom wrote:Knockdown or knockback? Away with ye! is 10 sec cd. Don't play bg, so dunno if they do the same.

The knowback's cooldown on Blackguard is 20 seconds, too much time in my opinion... if Ironbreaker one is only 10 seconds, the Blackguard one could use some cooldown reduction.
as info there was a thread for that alredy, still waiting for a decision/client controll maybe i dont know.