Recent Topics

Ads

[Implemented] [Warrior Priest] Absence of Faith

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
DefinitelyNotWingz

[Implemented] [Warrior Priest] Absence of Faith

Post#1 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:04 am

I suggest to change Absence of Faith, the WPs healdebuff, to a 50% (atm 25%) incoming healdebuff and reduce its cooldown to 10s (atm 20s).

Making WP hd equal to the hd of other mdps like witchelf, choppa, slayer and witchhunter in terms of length and cd. Which would still leave it to be the worst hd, having no tooltip damage.

In T3 this was restrained, because of its debuff type. Nobody would have picked a Shaman for competitive group play. With the recent changes to shaman and the Heal-DoK nerf, most group setups include a shaman.

Why is this hd not op?
Keep in mind that the WP is not equal in terms of dmg dealing to either slayer or witchhunter (no 50% more dmg mechanic, no crit dmg tactic, no engage/disengage tools, vulnerable to cc etc.). The dps he has to be compared to in a 6 man melee grp.
With this suggestion I intend to increase the versatility on order side to build a melee setup. Which is the setup melee WP belongs in, in my opinion. Hopefully it will drive people away from the idea that a slayer is really necessary to get a good melee setup. If the hd of WP stays as it is you can only have a slayer/wh with hd or play without hd, which sucks.

To avoid possible issues in combination of salvation spec you could even make AoF require a 2 hand weapon.

If the necessity of an inc hd in grp is debatable I'd like to cite some facts:

In order to kill a target the dps must outmatch the hps to slowly (sustain dmg) or fast (burst, spike) bring the targets HP to 0.
With an inc hd the hps is halfed. A healblessed target (on destro side) has 1,25*hps with an inc hd of 50% this turns into 0,625*hps. With 25% inc hd 0,9375*hps which is a healbless almost nullifying a hd. Healbless is either provided by a shaman for 50% of the time, irremovable, or by zealot at 0 cost as a proc which can be upheld infinitely (proc via grp heal, refreshes).

As you can see, the difference between a 25% hd and a 50% hd is not actually 25% but a bit higher and while you might be able to burst someone (1*dps > 0,9375*hps) when guard is kicked, it is almost impossible to kill a target that is guarded (0,5*dps < 0,9375*hps). With the low tooltip dmg a wp has and with missing burst options besides finisher (dok has devour essence), a 50% hd is the least that can be done to make melee wp viable.
You know who I am.

Ads