Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [SW/Herder] Projectile Speed

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Nabaro

Re: [SW] Projectile Speed

Post#21 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:59 am

Reducing the speed of shots will make to a larger gap between rdps and mdps. Fast assiste, no chance to react. All skills\threat must be predictable, people(not robots) play this game.
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro

Ads
daniilpb

Post#22 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:36 am

Nabaro wrote:Reducing the speed of shots will make to a larger gap between rdps and mdps. Fast assiste, no chance to react. All skills\threat must be predictable, people(not robots) play this game.
I can't see your SW, so have to ask: have you ever played this class?
I understand that your post is about rdps biased and etc but let's talk about a SW.
Do you know it's role in any group? These changes won't touch oRvR since it's mostly about aoe skills, not dots and finishers. So back to group play, you just can't believe how much it irritates when you can't follow assist properly (which you have mentioned). SW is mostly used for heal debuff/LS and support-dps purposes. And you can believe me, it takes you from 4 to 6 seconds (depends on distance, dodges, blocks etc) to apply your BA+SS. Can you imagine it? 4-6 seconds! I don't know what kind of group would wait so long. Your teammates just finished their rotations and here you are just finished with your two dots. Just to mention sorcerer and BW are able to use their full rotation in this time gap.
Just a tip: if you can't rely on your reaction just insta apply detaunt on enemy rdps (or just slot a tactic on your shammy which will solve all of your problems with rdps).
I got your point but can't agree with it completely.
Last edited by daniilpb on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Toldavf

Post#23 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:08 am

So you only loose a few milliseconds if you are at max range? I don't really see that as a massively game breaking problem, SW is still the pretty easy to play and i don't believe this is really worth any dev time.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

kok

Post#24 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:09 am

Stinkyweed wrote:The delay in broadhead arrow allows the SW to stack broadhead and the heal debuff on the same timestamp...which equates to higher burst on said timestamp during the M2+VoN cycle.
To be honest, I wish the SH version acted like my SW version!
You can't use shadow sting and broadhead and at the same time. Shadow Sting need the target to have aliment to work.
Unless you are talking about a target that have been stack with dots.
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

daniilpb

Post#25 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:03 am

Toldavf wrote:So you only loose a few milliseconds if you are at max range? I don't really see that as a massively game breaking problem, SW is still the pretty easy to play and i don't believe this is really worth any dev time.
Spoiler:
Nice argument. Easy to play -> doesn't require any changes (maybe only nerfes). Perfect logic. Don't bother thinking why this class is so easy to play *cough* only one tree with certain skillset is valuable *cough*
It still takes a lot of time. Just imagine this speed if you want to play Assault stance, 3-4 seconds to apply these dots against melee opponent whilst he is hitting you. And don't say that you should apply these dots from a distance, sometimes you have to switch targets while being in close range and this is the moment when you really need these milliseconds.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

dansari

Post#26 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:22 am

Nabaro wrote:Reducing the speed of shots will make to a larger gap between rdps and mdps. Fast assiste, no chance to react. All skills\threat must be predictable, people(not robots) play this game.
Except the people who play with add-ons that allow them to see incoming abilities and react like a robot would. (I know who is able to "predict" and hit RD just before a knockdown hits them).

Also, it's not a few milliseconds. If you play SW you know this to be the case.
<Salt Factory>

saupreusse
Developer

Post#27 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Toldavf wrote:So you only loose a few milliseconds if you are at max range? I don't really see that as a massively game breaking problem, SW is still the pretty easy to play and i don't believe this is really worth any dev time.
What you BELIEVE isnt of any interest. sw isnt an easy mode loldps class. no one said this is a gamebreaking problem - These are suggestions after all. Thanks for a completely unimportant opinion.
Edit: reading your comment i think you dont even understood what the problem really is. Atm its about broadhead arrow taking too long to get the fast or even standard gcd. In the same time Producing several seconds of idle time if it should get dodged.

Bozzax

Post#28 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:58 am

Spoiler:
Well obviously SWs will be more effective with less delay so I think it is a tad odd as it is passed as an QoL change.

1. HD up quicker
2. Less delay on finisher which gives healers less time to react (= more kbs)
3. quicker assist / target switch

Making ranged hds more effective obviously will lover TTK. Good news for NB SWs though :)
Nevermind
Last edited by Bozzax on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Panzerkasper

Post#29 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:30 am

I can only apply to this from a SH point of view, but the timings on these classes should be the same.

When i went for a target with my standard rotation, i startet with with Yer bleeding->What blocka->not so fast->rotten arrer->burst. The flight time of Yer bleedin was important to this, because it let the first three debuffs in almost simultaniously.

So i never saw this as a problem, but part of the solution tbh. Also i find the discussion about some milliseconds kind of ridiculous since this game is nowhere near fast paced enough to make this count.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Bozzax

Post#30 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:25 am

Removed don't have time for this
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7