Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [SW/Herder] Projectile Speed

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Elftwin95

Re: [SW] Projectile Speed

Post#11 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Spoiler:
I am not a good SW player at all by any means, but I think this is a valid and solid proposition. Also Saupreusse, very nice armor and quiver! :D
No +1 posts.
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

Ads
Penril

Post#12 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:37 pm

Here is an idea: Maybe projectile speed can be tied to a stance? Just like Assault was buffed with +parry and strikethrough, maybe Scout can reduce the flight time of all projectiles by X%.

It would give you a reason to stay more in Scout stance (or stance dance more).

lefze
Suspended

Post#13 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:42 pm

Would not solve the issue, as it's mostly noticeable with skirmish spells.

Edit: Adding it to skirmish stance would fix things though.
Rip Phalanx

Penril

Post#14 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:47 pm

lefze wrote:Would not solve the issue, as it's mostly noticeable with skirmish spells.
Like which ones? Shadow Sting, Broadhead Arrow can be used in all stances. Takedown can be used in Scout. The only ones not affected would be:

- SFA (I think it doesn't need a speed buff)
- LA (AoE, not an issue imho)
- ES (ranged KD, it doesn't neet a buff)
- Flanking Shot (only one I agree with)
- Barrage (same as with LA)

lefze
Suspended

Post#15 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Penril wrote:
lefze wrote:Would not solve the issue, as it's mostly noticeable with skirmish spells.
Like which ones? Shadow Sting, Broadhead Arrow can be used in all stances. Takedown can be used in Scout. The only ones not affected would be:

- SFA (I think it doesn't need a speed buff)
- LA (not an issue imho)
- ES (ranged KD, it doesn't neet a buff)
- Flanking Shot (only one I agree with)
- Barrage (same as with LA)
Flanking shot is an absolutely horrible skill atm because of projectile speed, if anything even buffing it alone would satisfy me. And to be honest the ranked knockdown needs some more speed aswell, a lot of times people move for a few ms even after it lands, making people get like 10-15 feet behind a wall or something before the kd even kicks in, but of course changing it might not be justifiable.

Edit: La should get reduced projectile speed imo, while barrage might actually need a little push up.
Rip Phalanx

saupreusse
Developer

Post#16 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:57 pm

As it stands i Have only checked SW yet and Only propose changes to the two skills i mentioned because they are the ones i think need it the most because of reasons stated above.
Ofc I do believe other rdps classes have similar problems on some skills but atm i simply do not have the time to look into it. If you can think of some other skill of the SW class that could need a faster speed because either it is required to use a follow up effect (broadhead > shadowsting) or simply because its needed to get a quick burst (flanking shot problem) I wont mind if you post em here if Penril is Ok with it.
lefze I dont really see how you could get a better burst rotation with slow flighttimes? would be nice if you tell me because I cant think of any.
Penril, I dont believe tying flight times to stances would solve the problem, this sounds like a bad band aid solution because broadhead > shadowsting for example can be used in every stance.

dansari

Post#17 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:59 pm

From what I can tell from the OP, it doesn't really change the class. It just means your skills hit when they're supposed to, not ~.5-.75s seconds later. I don't think it should be tied to any stance, and if the same is happening to SH it should change for that class as well. I look at it as more of a technical issue, not a class issue.
<Salt Factory>

daniilpb

Post#18 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Also Fell The Weak (13 p. Scout tree) might have same speed problem as finisher. Flame Arrow is also kinda slow sometimes but it is a meh dot.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
Manatikik

Post#19 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:39 pm

BHA needs an increased speed due to the fact that you can't really start your (typical Skirmish) rotation until it HITS (can't cast SS) and, as lefze said, travel time can add almost a second of time to the start of your rotation (that already is weaksauce burst, but solid sustained damage). This problem is shown even worse if someone dodges/blocks 2 or 3 BHA's in a row takes almost 6 seconds of your DPS rotation away and rewards opening dodges twice as much as dodges in the middle of a rotation vs SW's. This would also allow SW's to fast swap targets harder and not have to lead off before the other DPS can swap as early as they do now.

FtW could use a speed up as well due to the fact that it's a % based finisher and seems contradictory to have to wait to use it at 10-15% instead of right at 19% just due to travel speed vs heals. Flanking Shot could be sped up but isn't at a bad place right now because it shouldn't be your usual finisher in a Skirmish Rotation (though it sometimes can if the target turns it back right at the end) because a SFA + GA will land on the same timestamp at like 60ft+ and is more reliable than FS every finisher.
<Montague><Capulet>

Acidic

Post#20 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:44 am

The different travel speeds on range help in some ways and hinder in others .
Reducing travel speed just helps rdps to ninja kills and reduces time for opponent to react. I can imagine that if the target dies while the projectile is traveling that its irritating, but to me that suggests the skill is more spike or opener oriented.