Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [SW/Herder] Projectile Speed

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Stinkyweed

Re: [SW] Projectile Speed

Post#31 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:07 pm

kok wrote:
Stinkyweed wrote:The delay in broadhead arrow allows the SW to stack broadhead and the heal debuff on the same timestamp...which equates to higher burst on said timestamp during the M2+VoN cycle.
To be honest, I wish the SH version acted like my SW version!
You can't use shadow sting and broadhead and at the same time. Shadow Sting need the target to have aliment to work.
Unless you are talking about a target that have been stack with dots.

Scenario:

Target does not ailments.

Cast Broadhead.
Jump cast Shadow Sting.

Due to Broadhead's slow flight, they both land on the same timestamp...meaning they both proc on the same timestamp.

I can't tell you why it works, I can only tell you that it does work. Maybe the system recognizes the ailment and allows Shadow.

In order to do this with SH...

Cast Yer Bleeding
Cast Shrapnel Arrer
Cast Rotten Arrer
Cast ExplodinArrer

Yer Bleedin, Rotten Arrer, and Explodin Arrer are on same timestamp (need to time ExplodinArrer just right though).
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.81
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Ads
Azarael

Post#32 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:59 pm

Projectile speeds are server configurable and were ballparked by me when I configured most of the abilities originally. Most of them are likely to be wrong. It's possible that one of the current developers may have decoded some of the original data, where I believe projectile travel time was stored.

Penril

Post#33 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:16 pm

Aza, good to see you around! :)

Penril

Post#34 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:23 pm

@OP and other SWs: Question... after the latest SW changes, do you guys still feel that there is an issue with their projectile speeds?

saupreusse
Developer

Post#35 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Did you change something? Havent really played sw lately tbh.

Penril

Post#36 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:36 pm

saupreusse wrote:Did you change something? Havent really played sw lately tbh.
Uhmmm all those Assault/Scout buffs, and a few Skirmish changes?

Ugle

Post#37 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Did you do anything to projectile speeds in the patch?
inactive

Penril

Post#38 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:50 pm

If it's not in the patch notes, then no.

Ads
Leecifer

Post#39 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:55 pm

Hope this is not too off topic, but I have noticed some similar slow projectile speeds on some ENGI abilities (im sure all RDPS would). Would it be better to discuss those here or make a new proposal?
Montague
Rickless - WP
Fridge - IB
Clokwerk - ENGI
Katie - Shaman

Coma

Post#40 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:57 pm

Penril wrote:
saupreusse wrote:Did you change something? Havent really played sw lately tbh.
Uhmmm all those Assault/Scout buffs, and a few Skirmish changes?
Actualy scout got close to no change... yes 7 less point out of 60 for fast eagly eye helped a little in energy management (note the LITTLE)... as for the 20% to 30% chang on FTW at least now if you drop the opponent to 10% hp you have quite a good chance of hitting him with the bonus damage... still plenty subpar compared to any other finisher but at least is something... (once again projectile speed will probably have a much deeper impact on this skill that this 10% target HP increase).

Skirmish changes... IMHO the only effect is to make spec into skirmish even more NECESSARY if you want to play ranged SW.
Before if you had gone for scout spec you could still fire a KD to the melee that got close... now you can't... and flanking shot is somthing that is usefull pratically only if you go for powerfull draw... using it as a scout will mean that your opponet has first closed in on you and than started to flee... not really helpfull ^^'. So If' you were plaing skirmish before, you now just need to spend a couple more point to get the KD back... if you were playng scout (and not many people were plaing with that spec to begin with due to the many benefit fo going for skirmish spec) you lost one CC ang got a finisher you wil most likely never use... the moving of the healing debuff is of no consequence... if you were scout you still had enough point to get to the second mastery skill in skirmish (and had no reason to spec assault) the same goes for those that spec assault... thay are bound to spend their remaining point in skirmish rather than scout so no change for them either (unless they were planning for the morale 4 ^^')... except that they now won't get a double KD unless thay are really high RR.

All the change to assault... has pratically nothing to do with ranged spec since now assault is something that you don't shift to if' u'r plaing ranged at all;
The -10% dodge and TRANSFER of dodge striketrough to parry striketrough already made it pretty senselless to switch to assault as a ranged, that was nice to do in order to get the defensive boost + WS boost, it was only worth to do it for the melee disarm if a WE popped on you and the KD was on CD.
Now it even stop ranged AA... so unless you INTEND to play melee it is something you can totally skip over.

TLDR: close to noghting changed for RANGED SW... that are the one that most suffer from the long flight time of RANGED skill...
Last edited by Coma on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.