Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] Path of Witchcraft Abilities

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Jaycub

Re: [Zealot] Path of Witchcraft Abilities

Post#41 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:50 pm

Tactic based armor debuff, I use it sometimes on heal zealot in scenarios. You can debuff someone's armor by 4.5k ish with claw, claw, spittle.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Collateral

Post#42 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:55 pm

Ah that's right. I won't derail the thread anymore.

wwright72

Post#43 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:02 pm

Penril wrote:I think it won't happen. It is the only AoE armor debuff in the game, so there should be a HUGE risk when applying it.

As for the Corp debuff, if you really need one, you can always group up with a WAAAGH Black Orc.
Was worth asking. Thanks for addressing. :)
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Foomy44

Post#44 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:05 am

Torquemadra wrote:it has, as stated, a 1s icd.

I will likely be putting 10% disrupt strikethrough into transference/efficient runecarving.

That was fast, thx!!! Definitely an appreciated buff. Is the strikethrough only active when Harbinger is up?
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Jaycub

Post#45 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:52 pm

@Torq

Could you share what build you are running for dps?

I was thinking something like this: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=zea ... 711:5712:0:

Dropping CA till you hit rr60. I guess I would be running this in a group with Mara or SH. Also I find that absorb blows heal ritual out of the water in dps spec, because low willpower and divine fury effect it. It's not even that much in full heal spec tbh.

I guess the playstyle would be straight forward, switching in and out of harbinger as necessary to save group members, having transference on your forward most dps by default. During downtime spam warp for procs. CA is incredible healing with transference if you have enough players to hit.

I bring up builds in this balance thread because I think it's important to know how to spec/play to test these changes out proper. And there isn't a plethora of material out there, and it's probably best to get advice from the guy in charge of changes.

Foomy44

Post#46 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:56 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
Foomy44 wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:it has, as stated, a 1s icd.

I will likely be putting 10% disrupt strikethrough into transference/efficient runecarving.

That was fast, thx!!! Definitely an appreciated buff. Is the strikethrough only active when Harbinger is up?
no, enjoy that mighty strikethrough whilst packing willpower
8-P Was really just wondering for the sake of occasionaly applying the snare from Ravens after I've had to switch to heal mode mid combat, every little bit helps. Maybe throw a MoM on focus targets, I'm not 40 yet so no idea what kinda damage that'll rock and if it'll be worth the GCD with low int.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

wwright72

Post#47 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:53 am

Jaycub wrote: I was thinking something like this: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=zea ... 711:5712:0:
Thanks for sharing, been really enjoying this build in 6-mans and SCs. :)
Last edited by wwright72 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Jaycub

Post#48 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:30 am

I thought I would also talk about what I think is the ideal group setup that I want to organize and run to test this to the fullest. But being NA and my guild kinda in maintenance mode for now it may take a while, I think posting it here might encourage someone else with the means to also try it.

So I think if we take the cookie cutter destro 3-2-1 six man atm the moment (zealot/dok - insert tank here - sh/sorc/mara) and force the tank to be a BO running corp debuff, then swap out SH for the DPS Z.

This is at least from what I can come up with the best way to take full advantage of sweeping disgorgement, and really that is what everything hinges on for zealot taking that spot.

The added corp/armor debuff (highest possible non morale armor and corp debuff possible on destro thanks to the inclusion of mara and BO), should make up for the lost DPS of the SH compared to DPS Z, the extra tactic slot on mara (needs to run HD), and the BO weird spec to some degree. While having all the added bonuses of having a zealot in your party.

>transference heals on a target with zero/negative (not sure if negative resists are a thing) corp resist enemies
>absorb ritual
>certain non heal specific buffs Z has access to not hindered by being DPS like wounds buff and bubble.
>when **** absolutely hits the fan you have a extra healer when Z exits harbringer (though at a reduced effectiveness because of tactics).
>an extra res (comes in handy, know 1st hand running DPS AM a lot)
>Amazing morales like claw and defensive M2
>on demand ranged snare

I may be ignorant in saying this, but I think(?) all SH really brings is the spammable HD (which can be covered by mara) and a relatively self reliant platform (doesn't need much help). While zealot cannot kite near as well it does have some good self buffs to survive. Though having a ranged debuff does mean sorc/SH can kill someone without mara on target. This might be one of the major weaknesses of the group, besides the zealot having to play in 40ft range sometimes.

So why swap out SH which deals mainly physical damage instead of sorc? Sorc buffs deal corp damage and would get a significant boost from this setup. And most importantly I think doombolt is corp damage, during M2 bomb sorc is getting 1.5 sec cast doombolts hitting naked targets. This groups morale bomb potential, especially with the now RIP in peaced UF on SH would be in a whole new league in comparison to the cookie cutter 3-2-1's being run right now. You would also have 2 zealots for only 30 seconds downtime on claw m1's, which would be particularly more scary in this setup.

If you have the guild/players to try this out I would really recommend it to see if the changes are putting Z in the right spot for 6 man play.

Ads
Penril

Post#49 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Time to lock.