Recent Topics

Ads

Guilty Soul - Damage on proc

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Charon

Re: Guilty Soul - Damage on proc

Post#11 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:45 pm

i suggest to give US ability to proc also with other kind of attack for test. GS is high tier tactic in dmg department no better than simple Jagged Edge tk which all mdps may use free. Wrath tree is currently weak enought to give it some boost at least for test period. It may give opportunity to use gs in more grace oriented builds. What is more WP dosent have much ability to abuse gs spam, smithe is wrath skill anyway, and aa attacks is rather slow if not spec for it.

btw if GS was work properly remove ability to refresh itself might be considered a nerf to it rather improvement
Last edited by Charon on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Ads
Leecifer

Post#12 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:58 pm

Spoiler:
I think GS should reset AND damage on proc with ICD, this would help out with our burst. I dont feel like the base DoT over 9 seconds has enough of an impact.
Read the whole thread before posting. This has been mentioned in the first reply.
Montague
Rickless - WP
Fridge - IB
Clokwerk - ENGI
Katie - Shaman

ashton007

Post#13 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:26 pm

In addition to the GS change i feel the Heal debuff should be looked at as well as it does no damage. It Would make the rotation feel smoother.

Leecifer

Post#14 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:27 pm

Torquemadra wrote:Would require a ICD or would be a significant buff which cant be done at this point
Sorry @Torque

I read this as the only way to have it reset and damage was if there was an ICD,

must have just read this wrong...
Montague
Rickless - WP
Fridge - IB
Clokwerk - ENGI
Katie - Shaman

TenTonHammer

Post#15 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:43 pm

Torquemadra wrote: making it proc initial damage without a icd could be monstrously op
hey torq sorry to be a bother but just wanted to ask a quick question but isnt that how skull thumper works?

or does it have an ICD?

ashton007

Post#16 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:02 pm

Honestly, WP really need something to break snares and roots other than an M2. As they stand they remain the easiest class in the game to kite along with the DoK.

ashton007

Post#17 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:05 pm

Spoiler:
And i suppose it doesn't help that they require to use 2 GCD just to get their snare off.
Not a part of this discussion. Stay on the topic at hand.

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=11105

Niakahn

Post#18 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:28 am

Can you maybe make the ticks tick every second and have it proc on hit? That way, it can have an initial proc without an icd, and not run the risk of becoming overpowered due to a lower initial damage value.

Ads
Leecifer

Post#19 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:04 pm

I am looking forward to testing this tactic out while the DoT is working as intended.

Thank you guys for the quick fix.

Would tweaking the overall DoT damage or the intervals in which the DoT ticks be possible in the future?

It would take some testing, but since the DoT no longer resets, would it make sense to have the DoT on a shorter duration? This would allow us to use smite more often for the chance to proc. If the damage stays the same, but it had a lower duration, it would help out our burst/survivability even more.
Montague
Rickless - WP
Fridge - IB
Clokwerk - ENGI
Katie - Shaman

Bozzax

Post#20 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:57 am

A small question and mebbe off topic
Spoiler:
Now when it is more reliable?

Will this trigger on muliple with the use of smite spam/target cycling for a bunch of free (no gcd) self hots?

(Sorc AV was nerfed to the ground with a CD because of the multiple lifetap hots ticking providing real non fluff heals)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7