Recent Topics

Ads

[RP] Rune of Battle

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Penril

[RP] Rune of Battle

Post#1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:12 pm

Since this is not exactly a proposal I will ignore the BDF rules for now. After talking with Torque last night, he decided to look at this skill. Basically, we compared DPS RP to Zealot in a WB enviroment, specifically how Zealot has an easier time heal debuffing groups of enemies thanks to CA (and WoI? need confirmation). RP, on the other hand, only have Rune of Battle (which in my opinion, sucks). We came up with a few possible changes:

- Reducing its CD from 1 minute to 30 seconds.
- Alternatively, reduce the CD even more while also reducing the duration/range of RoB.
- Increasing the duration of Rune of Nulification from 5 to 10 seconds.
- A combination of the above.

Discuss for 2 weeks.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Re: [RP] Rune of Battle

Post#2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:32 pm

I think option 2, redcing RoB CD and reduce RoB uptime would be the best choise.
10 sec duration. 20 sec CD

BUT

I also wanna remind that in the right group comp a dps RP have much higher crit chance from buffs and also better uptime on CD reduction aswell wich make it easier for RP to crit then Zealot.

SM for CD reducer.
Kotbs for DT
SW for for LS

And also geetting bonuses from off groups AM MoM and Kotbs Eencourage Aim.

Glorian

Post#3 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:36 pm

I have no lvl 40 Runi so no discussion from me.

But can you please elaborate a little bit more on the zealots abilities?

CA = Chaotic Agitation?
WoI = Wind of Insanity?

How is CA a group healdebuff?
It looks more like a really nice AoE Napalm that is better than Napalm. ;)

Penril

Post#4 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:41 pm

I never mentioned a wounds debuff. I mentioned their heal debuffs, which proc on crits. Zealot has CA + WoI which lets them apply that heal debuff as AoE (or at least, try, constantly) while RP only has RoB, and it has a 1 minute CD (too long imho).

Let me add something that might be relevant to the discussion: RoB can be severed by Chosen/WE/Dok.

roadkillrobin

Post#5 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:54 pm

Both classes also have a 5 sec AoE DD abillity. So when you got Chop Fasta up you can spam Rite of Agony and when Whispering Winds are up RP can spam Rune of Might.

With Whispering Winds having much better uptime the RP can utilize it much more freqvent

shaggyboomboom

Post#6 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:58 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:I think option 2, redcing RoB CD and reduce RoB uptime would be the best choise.

BUT

I also wanna remind that in the right group comp a dps RP have much higher crit chance from buffs and also better uptime on CD reduction aswell wich make it easier for RP to crit then Zealot.

SM for CD reducer.
Kotbs for DT
SW for for LS

I have a 40/39 RP, and i agree with having a 50% up time on RoB. Yes, WW might be a issue, so maybe lowering the CD to 25s will do the trick. The crit modifiers are also a realm balance issue themself. But the zealot does have a morale dump (hurr durr <insert a stale destro morale pump nerf joke here>), the morale pump let's the zealot get windblock real fast (one of the best m4s in game) real fast. You can debate about it. (kinda off-top, sry)

My proposal: lower CD to 25s.

shaggyboomboom

Post#7 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:59 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:I think option 2, redcing RoB CD and reduce RoB uptime would be the best choise.

BUT

SM for CD reducer.
Kotbs for DT
SW for for LS

I have a 40/39 RP, and i agree with having a 50% up time on RoB. Yes, WW might be a issue, so maybe lowering the CD to 25s will do the trick. The crit modifiers are also a realm balance issue themself. But the zealot does have a morale dump (hurr durr <insert a stale destro morale pump nerf joke here>), the morale pump let's the zealot get windblock real fast (one of the best m4s in game) real fast. You can debate about it. (kinda off-top, sry)

My proposal: lower CD to 25s.
Also played a DPS RP in my time in INQ so i can understand these issues.

Penril

Post#8 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:13 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:Both classes also have a 5 sec AoE DD abillity. So when you got Chop Fasta up you can spam Rite of Agony and when Whispering Winds are up RP can spam Rune of Might.

With Whispering Winds having much better uptime the RP can utilize it much more freqvent
The skills you mention have a 30ft range, which put the Zealot/RP in big danger if they want to spam it. CA/RoB have a 80/150ft range.

Maybe I should add a range reduction to RoB as well (assuming the CD/duration gets buffed).

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#9 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Penril wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:Both classes also have a 5 sec AoE DD abillity. So when you got Chop Fasta up you can spam Rite of Agony and when Whispering Winds are up RP can spam Rune of Might.

The skills you mention have a 30ft range, which put the Zealot/RP in big danger if they want to spam it. CA/RoB have a 80/150ft range.

Maybe I should add a range reduction to RoB as well (assuming the CD/duration gets buffed).
The whole build you're talking about is a PBAoE aka bombing build for both for ZE and RP. Were they take a dps spot in the warbands. It's the same danger Sorcs and BW put emself into if they decide to go bomb build.

Penril

Post#10 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:26 pm

Question (honest one): how many bomb DPS RPs do you see in the lakes using that strategy? I can't name even one, though maybe there are way more in EU time.

As a sidenote, just because WW lets them spam RoM does not justify them having a bad/useless skill (RoB). If we agree that RoB is really bad, it deserves to be looked at. If anyone disagrees, then please explain to us why RoB is not bad/useless.