Recent Topics

Ads

[RP] Rune of Battle

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
roadkillrobin

Re: [RP] Rune of Battle

Post#11 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:32 pm

Penril wrote:Question (honest one): how many bomb DPS RPs do you see in the lakes using that strategy? I can't name even one, though maybe there are way more in EU time.

As a sidenote, just because WW lets them spam RoM does not justify them having a bad/useless skill (RoB). If we agree that RoB is really bad, it deserves to be looked at. If anyone disagrees, then please explain to us why RoB is not bad/useless.
I know that Kings Own used to run one.
How many organized Order guilds for proper groups do you see in the lake in the first place?

RoB is actually a really good skill when combined with RoN, the CD is way to long tho. And I do think it needs to be adressed.
I added the parts about higher crits and better CD reduction coz it needs to be takn into consideeration aswell.
Ballnce shouldn't be made in a vacum with just the mirror classes but rather the full potential of a group/warband build
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#12 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Spoiler:
roadkillrobin wrote:
How many organized Order guilds for proper groups do you see in the lake in the first place?
Fusion
Don't derail. I asked for groups that constantly run DPS bomb RP. I don't care about anything else atm.

roadkillrobin

Post#13 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:35 pm

Spoiler:
shaggyboomboom wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:
Fusion
I meant warbands as that was the relevant target.
Same as above. Question was about groups that succesfully run DPS bomb RPs. And I believe you already answered it.
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaggyboomboom

Post#14 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:36 pm

Spoiler:
roadkillrobin wrote:
shaggyboomboom wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:
Fusion
I meant warbands.
12+ are warbands (offtop, dont hit me)
Last warning.

roadkillrobin

Post#15 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Also needs to take into account that that Rune of Nullification stacks with Now's Our Chance aswell, while Changers Touch doesn't stack with Discordant Turbelence which might also be a problematic factor if RoN procs to easy.

dansari

Post#16 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:53 pm

For those who were confused like I was:

RPs:
Rune of Nullification (RoN): last tactic, left tree, crit attacks place an incoming healdebuff on your target for 5 seconds.
Rune of Battle (RoB): second ability, right tree, 2s cast, 1m cd, buffs a friendly player with a pulsing aoe that deals damage to enemies within 30ft every 3s for 15s, 150ft range.

Zealots: Changer's Touch: mirrors RoN in tactic location and tooltip.
Chaotic Agitation: second ability, right tree, 6s channeled cast, 13s cd, 80ft range, hits your target and all targets in 30ft of them every 2 seconds.

So currently RoB is more of a fire and forget (lasts 15s with 1min cd), and CA works more into a rotation but takes 33-50% of your time... at least on paper.
<Salt Factory>

Haojin

Post#17 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:07 pm

Spoiler:
no one should't run dps rp/zea unless its 24 v 24. 1 more mara/sh or slayer/sw is much more effective than aoe %50 healdebuff.
I believe the cd difference coming from the spam potantial. Zealot can spam aoe with cf every 2 min while Rp can spam it with WW every 20 second. I think its a good trade off.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Penril

Post#18 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:29 pm

Except Zealot can AoE way more often due to WoI (26s CD)+ CA (16s CD) though both have a 6s duration so effectively those CDs are 20/10 respectively.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#19 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:42 pm

Another tought is that RoB on shorter CD combined with Concussive Runes might be OP as hell aswell.

Penril

Post#20 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:52 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:Another tought is that RoB on shorter CD combined with Concussive Runes might be OP as hell aswell.
And Extended Battle increases its range too making it better than CA. Good observation.