Recent Topics

Ads

Heaven's Blade

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
shaggyboomboom

Re: Heaven's Blade

Post#161 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:44 pm

Spoiler:
You know what's better than outright nerfing something just because inbalance? Adding proper counters to something (like making the magic dmg reduction ability on BO/BG affect the SM).

Also:
http://www.mnei.nl/schopenhauer/38-stratagems.htm
Someone here likes schopenhauer too much (hint: its a colorful name on the forums)
Just back on the forums too and nothing but shitposting in balance - Goodbye.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#162 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:48 pm

No worries, torque. I told you of ways in which you can counterplay, or improve upon existing forms of counterplay; it is ultimately your choice. If you wish to ignore the spirit damage synergies that are clearly apparent in certain class/spec designs - made somewhat viable by double debuff, and obviously intended to be used in conjunction with one another - that is your prerogative.

This fixation with having to reimagine everything from the ground up baffles me, especially when simpler methods of 'fixing' these 'problems' are more readily available, and don't mandate reinventing the wheel.

Klesko

Post#163 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:03 am

Spoiler:
Torquemadra wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:No worries, torque. I told you of ways in which you can counterplay, or improve upon existing forms of counterplay; it is ultimately your choice. If you wish to ignore the spirit damage synergies that are clearly apparent in certain class/spec designs - made somewhat viable by double debuff, and obviously intended to be used in conjunction with one another - that is your prerogative.

This fixation with having to reimagine everything from the ground up baffles me, especially when simpler methods of 'fixing' these 'problems' are more readily available, and don't mandate reinventing the wheel.
Maintaining what can be grossly abused largescale or it being turned into an exploitable niche setup which is convenient to your set up is not a priority either. A defensive tree being THE source of significant damage due to stacking rules seems a little out of place wouldnt you think?

Regardless if you are not actually interested in the discussion I can just lock it.
Minor detail: Vaul, not Hoeth is the defensive tree for Sword Masters, so let's not raise false points. Also, your responses to forum users are nearly outright hostile. There's no reason not to tone down the rhetoric and to show civility that you as devs ask of the community.
Warning issued and locked.