Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] M1 Isha's Ward

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Dabbart

[AM] M1 Isha's Ward

Post#1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:24 pm

Howdy my AM is Dabbartam 40/50.

The Issue: After playing my AM up to RR50(again, long story), this Morale is consistently the most powerful M1 imo, and other than Focused Mind, is my go-to, it's a 3600 absorp bubble for 60s. It's a truly fantastic Morale, and the 60s timer means you can keep it up nearly 100% incase someone decides to target you. There is extremely limited skill/timing required in the use of this Morale. If you're not waiting for M2 FM, or have an idea that at some point your enemy is going to CC/snap target you, just pop it and forget it, giving you 3600 absorp 55seconds after you drop it, and 5s before you can drop it again. Imo, this Morale is overperforming compared to any other M1 or bubble morale. Especially alongside Bubble Pots. Healers M3 only absorp's 4500 damage(and it's only melee), and lasts 10s. 60s timer removes the need for snap timing, and lets you play far more aggressively than you could otherwise.

Solution: Reduce the duration to 20s. This enables the morale to still be used preemptively, it still allows you to "see" the DPS inc and prepare, it's still a very large Bubble(3600 is at least half of most players HP pool), and reducing the timer to 20s puts it more in line with(I believe) every other Morale ability in the game(20s or under duration).
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [AM] M1 Isha's Ward

Post#2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:34 pm

Open for discussion. Will be locked in TWO WEEKS from now (6th May).

I wasn't going to open this until discussions on reworking morale CDs came about (Avatar of Sigmar and KOBS morales, for example). Is the ability too potent given its M1 status?

Personally, if pressed to choose a timer, I would be a fan of making it last 20 seconds (a la Slayer/Choppa M2, which is an M2!).

Note: all morales will most likely be looked at eventually in this manner

Spierron

Re: [AM] M1 Isha's Ward [Close Date: 6th May]

Post#3 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:42 pm

agreed with solution, absorb ignores crit damage.

Nameless

Post#4 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:11 pm

being healer AM the problems comes when u mess up your positioning and then u should use FM which is superior. Other problem with bubbles is that they scale very bad with gear progression, so now 3600 looks good but when new sets and more stats become available will be meh.
Only real benefit is when do DPS AM and to chain it when soloing and to have advantage for 1v1 /2, but devs wont balance the game around that.
It is a little unique gimmick for AM but since it is not so big deal 20 sec is okish.

PS it is confirmed that while being with bubble enemy hits wont crit you?
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:16 pm

Nameless wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:11 pm being healer AM the problems comes when u mess up your positioning and then u should use FM which is superior. Other problem with bubbles is that they scale very bad with gear progression, so now 3600 looks good but when new sets and more stats become available will be meh.
Only real benefit is when do DPS AM and to chain it when soloing and to have advantage for 1v1 /2, but devs wont balance the game around that.
It is a little unique gimmick for AM but since it is not so big deal 20 sec is okish.

PS it is confirmed that while being with bubble enemy hits wont crit you?
If you smack into a magical barrier, what exactly are you critically hitting? Just a thought.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

catholicism198

Post#6 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:40 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:16 pm If you smack into a magical barrier, what exactly are you critically hitting? Just a thought.
Rhetorical I'm sure...but critically hitting the bubble would reduce the amount of time that the bubble lasts. A critical of 1k would shorten the bubble duration for 1 GCD if the base ability only hits for 500.

Also the Choppa's and Kobts' are both morale one abilities but last for 20seconds and 30seconds respectively, they all absorb the same damage but power gap comes from the 100% uptime that the AM has.

michela89

Post#7 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:23 pm

Spierron wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:42 pm agreed with solution, absorb ignores crit damage.
a little OT, but to make it clear how Absorb work: Bubbles cannot be critted? but they still gain your character mitigation?

adamthelc

Post#8 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:25 am

Thats a pretty bad misrepresentation of Divine Protection. Its true that it has limitations Isha's Ward does not, but it also can theoretically absorb 27k. Which is a bit more than 3600.

In any case the duration does seem to be a little out of wack with choppa/KotBS. I think the reason for it is the fact that its on a healer, more specifically an AM. IMO the only reason its worth taking is because of the long duration.

AM just has too many things that perform a similar role. A heal for half as much that can be used for half as much on anyone and ignores HD, FM and the much better M3. Not to mention you have SoS if you really need to prebubble.

Choppas and Knights with a similar morale is very different even if its similar on paper.

In my mind the reason to slot it is because you can use it when you arent going to need a morale soon. If the M1 must be brought in line I would say increase the duration on Choppa and Knights bubble.

Its a strong morale compared to other classes in a vacuum, but I think it would be better to make weak morales better than nerf one thats not really game breaking.

Ads
Dabbart

Post#9 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:01 am

Spoiler:
adamthelc wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:25 am Thats a pretty bad misrepresentation of Divine Protection. Its true that it has limitations Isha's Ward does not, but it also can theoretically absorb 27k. Which is a bit more than 3600.

In any case the duration does seem to be a little out of wack with choppa/KotBS. I think the reason for it is the fact that its on a healer, more specifically an AM. IMO the only reason its worth taking is because of the long duration.

AM just has too many things that perform a similar role. A heal for half as much that can be used for half as much on anyone and ignores HD, FM and the much better M3. Not to mention you have SoS if you really need to prebubble.

Choppas and Knights with a similar morale is very different even if its similar on paper.

In my mind the reason to slot it is because you can use it when you arent going to need a morale soon. If the M1 must be brought in line I would say increase the duration on Choppa and Knights bubble.

Its a strong morale compared to other classes in a vacuum, but I think it would be better to make weak morales better than nerf one thats not really game breaking.
DP m3 could absorp 0 as your team gets blown up by sorcs/magus. And it's an M3. And it has a duration of 10s. So... How did I badly misrepresent it? By saying it's 4500? Obviously the OP and discussion is based on the absorp the AM is receiving.

This is not a buff choppa/KoTBS balance proposal. I specifically didn't mention them in the OP, because they are tank/mdps, and I didn't want that to start. Not every "imbalance" should be handled by Buffing something else. That's how you get crazy power-creep.

SoS has a 9s Duration and 20s CD, so less than 50% uptime.

Every healer has DF M1. Using a core healer morale as an excuse to not balance this one is erroneous logic.

This really isn't the place to discuss crit vs bubbles.

The major issue with this Morale is your ability to cycle it. Until you get attacked you can have 100% uptime. It requires 0 skill or foresight to utilize "properly". Just set it, and spam grp heal, no need to worry. You'll have plenty of time to get your Detaunt off or kite away.

I would like to note, I wrote the OP before Torque made a change to the CD of another over performing Morale. I can't imagine anyone wanting this, but if the 1min timer is considered "sacrosanct" for whatever reason, then increasing the CD would accomplish the goal. Either 1min up 2min CD, or 45s up 90s CD. I wouldn't be for this personally, but to give an alternative change...

Anything else?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

dansari

Post#10 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:40 am

Just a reminder that we're discussing the AM m1. Other class bubbles or morales have no bearing and serve no purpose being discussed as a byproduct of whatever change may come of this proposal.
<Salt Factory>