Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Strafing Run [Close Date: 28th September]

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
kweedko

Re: [Engi] Swap Strafing run and Phosphorous Shell, change effects

Post#31 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:25 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:05 pm Strafing run in its current form is an abomination, so I am open for suggestions on how to improve this.

Lold so much, Strafing run - was best finisher engi ever have on live, if you already broke it the too bad for you, if it's same as in Live thna you doing it wrong. 8-)

Ads
Glorian

Post#32 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:52 am

kweedko wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:25 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:05 pm Strafing run in its current form is an abomination, so I am open for suggestions on how to improve this.
Lold so much, Strafing run - was best finisher engi ever have on live, if you already broke it the too bad for you, if it's same as in Live thna you doing it wrong. 8-)
Finisher for what?
Pretty every melee will hate you for knocking and almost dead target out of range.

Strafing run has its uses, but not as a lvl 13 ability in Rifleman tree.

wonshot

Re: [Engi] Strafing Run [Close Date: 28th September]

Post#33 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:04 am

Its a hard ability to come up with ideas for, when i made my proposal on page two i took several points into concideration:
- 13pointer has to be worthwhile
- Playstyle of the spec
- Damage type of the mastery tree
- Balance towards other engi materies (cant overtune this, with e.g improved stack mechanics)
- Crowcontrol already available to the class (ranged knockdown seem a bit too much)
- Mirror balancing towards magus, and other Rdps toolkits
- Not giving the class too much debuff utility so it becomes "must have"

With all of the above i personally think something like LD or Funnelpower could work, or a ranged snare. or my idea for a finisher.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

hammerhead

Post#34 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:41 am

Buttshot

The Engineer uses a bullet equipped with very caustic salt, hitting the unprotected fillets of the enemy causing nn damage every second for 20 seconds. If the enemy moves, the pain becomes unbearable, the damage doubles and the enemy gets 1 stack of Butthurt, for every half second of the movement.
Butthurt, lasts 10 seconds, the counter is reset if the enemy continues to move and reduces incoming healing by 10% and movement speed by 10%, stack up for 5 times.

Cost 35 AP
Cooldawn 30sec.
(\|)o0(|/)

Glorian

Post#35 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:43 am

I like Buttshot, just because the stack is named "Butthurt" :lol: :lol: :lol:

But apart from that it is a little like the WH debuff which does something if the enemy tries to move away.
Also it is not a healdebuff or a snare, but a little mix of both.

peterthepan3

Post#36 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:16 am

kweedko wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:25 am

Using an ability that grants immunities and has significantly less range than Rifleman abilities is probably the worst idea for a finisher I can think of. Also, if you were spec'd for this you would be missing Tracer Rounds for 15% crit.

Ramasee

Post#37 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:44 am

Improved Improv
Instantly generate 8 stacks of improvised weapons and your turret is immune to damage for 10s. 1min cooldown, requires active turret.

Instead of increasing the burst potential this can be used to mitigate the build time necessary to get its damage or as a way to recover fast from turret destruction and/Or repositioning

wonshot

Post#38 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:02 pm

An other shower thought idea:

"Gunline"
30 AP cost
instant-cast
10sec cooldown

"Your weapon control inspire group-members within 100feet for 1hour. Giving them a 25% chance to deal an additional X psyical damage proc whenever they succesfully attack an enemy"
(stacks with Flames of Rhuin and Prayer of Righteousness but cant proc any tactic procs)

Idea behind:
This will be a fun little shoutout to the Dwarfs roleplayers, but at the same time also being aware of not overtuneing their favorit spec too much so Engineer only groups become too much of a powerhouse. This should play well into 6man groups, damage-assisting groups and aim towards class divercity for setup. Also it caters to the playstyle of longrange immobile psyical damage ranged damage, giving it a little bit more burst plus contending for Brightwizards Damage-buffs (flames of rhine and Flameshield). Damage numbers should ofc be tuned in a way so Magus is not falling behind by Engineer having this group-buff.
The idea behind making the damage proc psyical might not work, but i had in mind that it would open up including SW, Slayer and other melee classes instead of just stacking this buff on top of a BW with Flames of rhuin
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
kweedko

Post#39 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:09 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:16 am
Using an ability that grants immunities and has significantly less range than Rifleman abilities is probably the worst idea for a finisher I can think of. Also, if you were spec'd for this you would be missing Tracer Rounds for 15% crit.
it's a froging rift spec skill they already got the imuns :mrgreen:
Last edited by kweedko on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wonshot

Post#40 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:10 pm

An other shower thought idea:

"Gunline"
30 AP cost
instant-cast
10sec cooldown

"Your weapon control inspire group-members within 100feet for 1hour. Giving them a 25% chance to deal an additional X psyical damage proc whenever they succesfully attack an enemy"
(stacks with Flames of Rhuin and Prayer of Righteousness but cant proc any tactic procs)

Idea behind:
This will be a fun little shoutout to the Dwarfs roleplayers, but at the same time also being aware of not overtuneing their favorit spec too much, so Engineer-only groups become too much of a powerhouse. This should play well into 6man groups, damage-assisting groups and aim towards class divercity for setup in smallscale singletarget enviroments. Also it caters to the playstyle of longrange immobile psyical damage ranged damage, giving it a little bit more burst plus contending for Brightwizards Damage-buffs (flames of rhine and Flameshield). Damage numbers should ofc be tuned in a way so Magus is not falling behind by Engineer having this group-buff.
The idea behind making the damage proc psyical might not work, but i had in mind that it would open up including SW, Slayer and other melee classes instead of just stacking this buff on top of a BW with Flames of rhuin