Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Strafing Run [Close Date: 28th September]

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
Gangan

Re: [Engi] Strafing Run [Close Date: 28th September]

Post#21 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:01 pm

adamthelc wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:44 pm [...]
Could do something like reckless gamble/funnel power/ hurtin time.
[...]
Something like this? ^^

Supercharged bullets - for the next 5 hits you will use supercharged ammo (lasting 10sec) , granting a bonus to armor pen and base-dmg, but having a chance of 10% to blowup in the barrel. Blowing up will hurt you for "x" dmg and also throw you back a small distance.

Might help dealing with enemies armor-stacking - habit
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Ads
adamthelc

Post#22 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:23 pm

Tesq wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:55 pm Idk why some ppl suggesting to mirror bw thing on engi( would be more correct on opposed realm not the same)

Glorian make valid points on target running away and linking some sorc skills. Sorc snare is a valid contender for that spot too. My previusly take aim was also Copypasted from sorc obsessive focus.

Just not mirror rkd / heal debuff, bw and sw alredy have those, rdps on order alredy have enough of those tools, redunfacy so much is not fun and dont make classes unique.

Snare/silence (not 5 sec tough seriusly just 3) could go. I am for cross mirror so any sorc-ish skill not present on bw/sw could go for me.
Shades of Death is something sorc that doesnt have a mirror.

Could give them a strong ST DD if they get dodged.

Dont like a snare, even though it would be good and is something it's missing. Dont really have a good argument against it, but there was a reason engi/magus were given melee snares instead or ranged snares like every other rdps.

I dont think they need a silence. Unless I am mistaken they have literally every other form of CC.

Mausini

Post#23 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:32 pm

Biggest problem of rifle specs have always been the problem of stacking high amounts of weapon skill and that the burst rotation is to long.
The missing m2 doesnt help with the burst.

Thats why I would prefere something like:
"Focused aim"
You focus on one target. Every bit of damage you apply gives you more confidence in your rifle skills.
For the next 10 seconds, all damage to the marked target increases your waponskill by X. After that time, your weaponskill stays like that for another 10 seconds.
Cooldown is 30 sec.

The idea is to charge up your weaponskill by dotting up a target and then do heavy burst rotations.

The ways to use that skill are endless. Dot up a tank or anything. Put the debuff up, get WS and switch target and burst or use it on someone in the backline, dot up, gain ws, press your physical burst rotation.

You would need you to plan your rotations and damage would come in waves. Collect for 10 sec, unload for 10 sec. Wait for 10 sec. Repeat.

Wiede

Post#24 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:44 pm

Gangan wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:01 pm
adamthelc wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:44 pm [...]
Could do something like reckless gamble/funnel power/ hurtin time.
[...]
Something like this? ^^

Supercharged bullets - for the next 5 hits you will use supercharged ammo (lasting 10sec) , granting a bonus to armor pen and base-dmg, but having a chance of 10% to blowup in the barrel. Blowing up will hurt you for "x" dmg and also throw you back a small distance.

Might help dealing with enemies armor-stacking - habit
For example allthough it smells like SW vengeance but i like rhat knockback thingy :D

But i think some bullet oriented buff would be n1 lore wise

Tesq

Post#25 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:57 pm

adamthelc wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:23 pm
Tesq wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:55 pm Idk why some ppl suggesting to mirror bw thing on engi( would be more correct on opposed realm not the same)

Glorian make valid points on target running away and linking some sorc skills. Sorc snare is a valid contender for that spot too. My previusly take aim was also Copypasted from sorc obsessive focus.

Just not mirror rkd / heal debuff, bw and sw alredy have those, rdps on order alredy have enough of those tools, redunfacy so much is not fun and dont make classes unique.

Snare/silence (not 5 sec tough seriusly just 3) could go. I am for cross mirror so any sorc-ish skill not present on bw/sw could go for me.

Dont like a snare, even though it would be good and is something it's missing. Dont really have a good argument against it, but there was a reason engi/magus were given melee snares instead or ranged snares like every other rdps.

I dont think they need a silence. Unless I am mistaken they have literally every other form of CC.
In reality magus have a snare on m1, just if you go change you prefer miss direction but is totally
A good pick for havoc. But i get your dislike too.

catholicism198

Post#26 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:47 pm

Tesq wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:57 pm

In reality magus have a snare on m1, just if you go change you prefer miss direction but is totally
Just a side note: melee dps and tanks can remove the Magus' m1 snare along with the dot component. It's pretty lackluster if you think about it.

Tesq

Post#27 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:59 pm

Spoiler:
catholicism198 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:47 pm
Tesq wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:57 pm

Just a side note: melee dps and tanks can remove the Magus' m1 snare along with the dot component. It's pretty lackluster if you think about it.
Its undefeatable and can be only removed and not clease like.other snare is much better than what you think and waste those skill for a snare mean you gona get **** by any moral root or normal root, usually those skills are used to remove those due long CD so imo its a good asset. So something engi miss in term of st cc.

Ramasee

Post#28 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:49 pm

Armor Piercing Rounds
Your gun turret loads special ammunition for the next X seconds. Your turret ignores 50% armor for the duration and each hit against an enemy reduces his armor by Y for Z seconds stacking with itself.

Ads
hammerhead

Post#29 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:25 am

Improved Gyro Mechanism.

For the next 10 seconds, each stack of UID increases Weapon Skill by 20, and crit chance by 2%, and also reduces the ability cast time by 0.2 seconds.

Cost 35
Cooldawn 45s
(\|)o0(|/)

Wiede

Post#30 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:19 am

Basic question:
Does engi really needs MORE damage/burst?
Or could it better to give them the ability to deliever their damage reliable (LoS, retreat, ...) as already mentioned in this thread (slow, stagger, ...)?