Recent Topics

Ads

[White Lion] Slashing Blade, Whirling Axe, and Hack & Slash

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
dansari

[White Lion] Slashing Blade, Whirling Axe, and Hack & Slash

Post#1 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:03 pm

Given that the leads want to make incremental changes to classes, please discuss your thoughts on the change below. Please note all balance forum heightened moderation rules apply.

Whirling Axe
Brought up to tooltip damage of Marauder's Wrecking Ball

Slashing Blade
AP cost reduced to 35 to match Demolition

Hack and Slash
Remove the 50% AP reduction on Hack and Slashing Blade. Add a 50% armor bypass on Whirling Axe and Slashing Blade.

Reasoning: This will give WL a substantial damage increase to counter heavily armored frontline targets.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
FinduilAsuryan

Re: [White Lion] Slashing Blade, Whirling Axe, and Hack & Slash

Post#2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:10 pm

Spoiler:
Dear dansari, dont get me wrong im sure you want the best. But why should we talk wl again after the overwork desaster. It feels like a waste of time. Do as you wish or feel right.
Not following format/not offering feedback. - PTP3
Finduil WL 40 /81
Hakatri SM 40/80
Alqua AM 40/69
Xinduil SW 40/54

Fiskrens

Post#3 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:26 pm

dansari wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:03 pm Given that the leads want to make incremental changes to classes, please discuss your thoughts on the change below. Please note all balance forum heightened moderation rules apply.

Whirling Axe
Brought up to tooltip damage of Marauder's Wrecking Ball

Slashing Blade
AP cost reduced to 35 to match Demolition

Hack and Slash
Remove the 50% AP reduction on Hack and Slashing Blade. Add a 50% armor bypass on Whirling Axe and Slashing Blade.

Reasoning: This will give WL a substantial damage increase to counter heavily armored frontline targets.
RR 78 White Lion player who's been playing the game on and off since early live live version where I played chosen and mara, I stopped trying to play in warbands with my WL some time ago because I had more fun farming solo/small groups.

I think it's an improvement for sure but the main issue with WL and fighting in WB or even being on the frontlines is that WL has no AP regen and poor survivability.

If the intended idea is to give WL the option of doing aoe against other melee then this is a step in the right direction but it doesn't adress the main issue which I believe is AP regen for such fights.
Last edited by Fiskrens on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tesq

Post#4 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:40 pm

No wl, mara rr45 (played in voice com)

WA/ WB..mmm didnt both skill back in days recive a dmg buff? I tought they had the same value, welli dont see a prob here but i have more like a suggestion it would be better know if spiritual dmg thing has been drop completly or not cuz it would be better test that then look at values. If it has been drop then well yes i dont see a prob with that.

SA, yes that ap cost is stupid, the only reason why someone opposed to this was about wl being a bursty class( not gona mention the notorious one) ....tought wl aoe have no burst.... So ye pretty lame this skill have an higher ap.

H&S, i know you had plan in priority list to also fix melee sw, well i always had tought that the bypass would had been better on sw than on wl tbh tought idk well how that would work with the currently sw armor pen As above if you had planned to complety ditch spiritual dmg thing well yes it can work with all the core aoe skill being mirrored.
I also understand why have a passive tactic is easier than rely on SM debuff but for me it's a boring pick , spiritual aoe dmg was interesting.

Another option is respecting the difference more of mara vs wl and make wl do more dmg while mara do better vs higher armored targets
To do this instead a 50% bypass it would be cooler a 25% dmg increase on H&S and SB whicu should rougtly give the same dmg increase that mara recive from PB (50% armor pen ~ 25% dmg increase). Slight worst on heavuvarmored class, but heavy armored tank on dew have worst dmg reduction vs phy than order one. Same on medium and slight better on light and better on cloth.

Aka, yes first 2 ; the third is not broken/bad but meh/styless choice imo.
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

altharion1
Banned

Post#5 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:04 pm

Spoiler:
Another 3 weeks of people wasting their time in another WL thread. What a **** **** show.
cool - Dan
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

zgolec

Post#6 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:23 pm

Spoiler:
altharion1 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:04 pm Another 3 weeks of people wasting their time in another WL thread. What a **** **** show.
10/10
cool - Dan
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Mausini

Post#7 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:37 pm

RR 60 WL. Played it in almost every way. Marauder on live.

Whirling Axe has already been buffed before, no one complained about it. Why do you even ask?? Do it.

AP has always been a big issue of WL. Why do you even ask?

If you change Hack and Slash to a armor bypass and keep the armor debuff in the same tree, spamming Slashing Blade and WA will be the best single target damage vs medium and high armor targets aside from also be ok for AOE damage.

I agree that Axeman should become the AOE Tree (again). After AOE Pounce was nerfed it lost a lot of its AOE potential but I am not sure if you have a good idea here.

The side effect of your proposal will make further improvements hard to balance.

But anyway. Do it. Everything is better than the state right now.

Spacecraft

Post#8 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:04 pm

Def the 64 WL dont have a mara.
Mainly play this spec allready.
You can add century training for proc and loner and i do allright in wb, and add a good aoe with dot components.
Just for my play now this would be really cool.
There one more dot you could add but i gave it up for more str tactic.
If we could add back in the loner being almost a 5th tactic like the one that was scraped i could see more running this.

Ads
Acidic

Post#9 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:06 am

1. Do you play the class in question?

No

2. Do you play the mirror class of the class in question (or at least the same archetype)?

No

3. What perspective do you speak from? What is your experience with the class in question (be that playing the class, or playing against it)?

Destro wb

4. Your feedback

the 50% armory bypass for an aoe damage is too strong. This negates too much of the oppositions effort to get equipped in a very simple way.
This will be too effective vs squishiest. Saw some posts talking about the Destro version of the tactic, if this is over performing in mele train maybe the same logic here it may need looking at.
Would suggest adding this as a last option if nothing else works /no other options only
Last edited by Acidic on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bregon

Post#10 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:19 am

rr82 WL, good changes as a start.