Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dankmeme

Re: Client Changelog 04/08/2018

Post#171 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:30 am

Morpheus wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am
Dankmeme wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:30 pm
Morpheus wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:42 pm

Really goodjoke.....

How should this work? 1.5 - 2 seconds after the white shadow falls over me I see the chaos gods in the eyes

ABSOLUTELY NO TIME TO DETAUNT...and if u do......besides, what happens to the detaunt when my pet or one of my dots tick ?? At best, I live just 2.5 seconds ..... great !!!!! that's satisfactory, right?
Then stop stacking those shitty +18 willpower talis and turn on ur monitor
Also: dots don't break detaunt anymore you moron
if i distribute a dot i might also have auto-attack and pet-attack what happens to detaunt??? Expand your mind catlover
Breaking your detaunt is entirely your fault, so don't complain about WLs if good players have an easy time surviving them.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#172 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:36 am

Dankmeme wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:30 am Breaking your detaunt is entirely your fault, so don't complain about WLs if good players have an easy time surviving them.
AAs still trigger when dots are on even after detaunt. You can detaunt and have it break immediately if you dont switch target fast enough.

Nidwin

Post#173 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:51 am

Dankmeme wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:30 am Breaking your detaunt is entirely your fault, so don't complain about WLs if good players have an easy time surviving them as they just stay in the wc to avoid WL's.
Fixed for you.

Your Sir are going to make it far, and the sooner the better. Pros are also known to have a very charming personality.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Orontes

Post#174 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:13 am

Azarael wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:20 pm Melee SW and SH have never had other MDPS archetype tactics, however. Close Combat is defined as an archetype tactic.

I see. I didn't know this tactic was defined so. I thought it was just something the Powers had come up with. I didn't understand the scope. Thanks for replying.

Grock

Post#175 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:30 pm

I'm pretty disappointed with slayer changes.

Complete rework of Retribution without any attempt to make it work in its original concept. We just had a discussion on balance forums about it and apparently none of that was taken into consideration.

Azarael wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:54 am To deal with Slayer, first we have to cut out the rot - that being that Skavenslayer is competitive or better ST DPS than the other trees.
Thats not what you did.
The only reason Skaven is competitive on ST damage is ID - the fact that it is one of only two DoT effects and is a superior one - due to its ridiculous scaling(especially with weapon damage), and the fact that i can proc on hit effects when its ticks.
Get rid of that and Skaven ST is fixed, no need to butcher the class.

Removal of Rampage from dw/aoe builds will change nothing in terms of dw vs 2h viability, dw is still superior because parry and ID, meanwhile with strikethough changes, including new RR ability, the value of Rampage has been lowered to begin with.

If you wanted to make 2h more viable you could've got rid of meaningless hidden passives or gave 2h something better than useless block strikethrough. Or removed dw requirement from skaven tree.

Putting up even more weapon restrictions on a class that already has like the most of all doesn't sound exciting at all.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Azarael

Post#176 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:51 pm

I always dread reading a response to a changelog if I see someone using the avatar of a class I changed.

So. Rampage is on the revert list, actually, and ID is up for change. That will be delayed, because I won't change ID without improving 2h, and I can't do that without a client patch. It would have been done this week, but we have staff members on holiday.

Saying that "no attempt was made to make Retribution play to its original concept" is completely unfair, though. Original Retribution struck back at players who attacked you. New Retribution improves when you're under attack. Both skills, conceptually, punish the enemy for attacking you.

Being as how I've been back less than a month, I wasn't aware there was any topic on Retribution and I'm not beholden to implement suggestions on it even if there were.

Reesh

Post#177 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:05 pm

Azarael wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:51 pm I always dread reading a response to a changelog if I see someone using the avatar of a class I changed.

So. Rampage is on the revert list, actually, and ID is up for change. That will be delayed, because I won't change ID without improving 2h, and I can't do that without a client patch. It would have been done this week, but we have staff members on holiday.

Saying that "no attempt was made to make Retribution play to its original concept" is completely unfair, though. Original Retribution struck back at players who attacked you. New Retribution improves when you're under attack. Both skills, conceptually, punish the enemy for attacking you.

Being as how I've been back less than a month, I wasn't aware there was any topic on Retribution and I'm not beholden to implement suggestions on it even if there were.
I strongly encourage you, to at least look at those briefly when you'll be bored Aza, there are quite a few good ideas out there that address the issues of the class:
viewtopic.php?f=100&t=26167

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=21311

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=25504

viewtopic.php?f=97&t=22974

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=22855

oaliaen

Post#178 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:56 pm

About eh Git to the Choppa: Sometimes the bar cast desappears when you get hit by someone, but the skill keeps going on. Unique way to fix that is reloging.

Ads
Roguibu

Post#179 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:30 pm

oaliaen wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:56 pm About eh Git to the Choppa: Sometimes the bar cast desappears when you get hit by someone, but the skill keeps going on. Unique way to fix that is reloging.
This also happen to me in my magus when I cast the whirlwind aoe and in my chosen with the channeled skill. Sry I don't remember the names of the skills :P
Zasssca chosen 80
Minox squig herder 7x
Discoestu magus 6x
and more

Grock

Post#180 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:11 pm

Azarael wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:51 pm I always dread reading a response to a changelog if I see someone using the avatar of a class I changed.
Don't take it too seriously, someone will always be pissed at something, its inevitable in our day and age
Azarael wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:51 pm Saying that "no attempt was made to make Retribution play to its original concept" is completely unfair, though. Original Retribution struck back at players who attacked you. New Retribution improves when you're under attack. Both skills, conceptually, punish the enemy for attacking you.
I personally liked the concept of it working as aggressive defence - if enemy stops attacking nobody's hurt, but if they continue to push they are punished and forced into a trade, it was supposed to be kind of a mind game

Anyway im very happy that Slayer/Choppa are finally getting some attention and changes
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)