Ads

Client Changelog 19th August

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lileldys

Re: Client Changelog 19th August

Post#221 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:08 pm

Spierron wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:48 pm
Lileldys wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:24 pm Use more skills, Envenomed blade stacks hard now, and is affected by EOIP(DOT is currently critting for 1.3k on unguarded squishies), along with BLB and SacStab granting 50% AA haste, it's a monster.
SS is always lower compared to other exec, no reason to play with except for solo.

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:02 am WE/WH will be fine tuned, I am sure, so let's take a tictac and relax a bit.
It gives 50% AA Haste now, that equates to much more damage than you think.

Ads
shebali

Post#222 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:34 pm

Azarael wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:08 pm
shebali wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:30 pm
Azarael wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:29 am I'm well aware of this problem and I relate it to AW and Torment.

Not done with WH/WE yet. Hold.
I feel the changes were good for helping people who wanted to zerg or join a wb. The problem is the WE/WH were not made for that type of play. The low HP pool, long cooldowns, and lack of a charge or a pounce make it hard to live long in group vs group. The main job is to come out of stealth kill a target fast, use tools to get away safe. Currently WH works. WE items which need to be fix are pretty simple, more damage.

Auto attacks are not at live base damage.
AW is not at live base damage.
PA is not at live base damage.

Fixing those first will be a quick fix going in the right direction. A long term solution would be change finishers and give some tweaks which were done like the SH. Melee SH changes were really good, along with SW / WL. So, it can be done for sure.
Hi. I believe that a number of years ago, you asserted that the base damage was wrong and it was proven to match tooltip. I'm going to need hard proof, corresponding to tooltip which we now know is generated from a file which was also used by the server to implement the entire ability system, that PA and AW do not have the correct value.
I am not talking about tool tip damage. I am talking about base damage from attacking x target. They are off / wrong. I had matching bonus damage and dps weapons. There is a gap. I have been doing DPS test on this class for a long time. On RoR with 240 bonus damage AW was doing non crits 750ish damage with both 15% bonuses = 30% extra damage.

While on live with the same setup when I was RR 50 I was hitting for 850-950 non crits on normal light armor. In my first video I had only 250-265 ish bonus damage and you can see the damage is not the same. In the second video I would have around 300-320 all pre sov.

I have all screen shots and data if you want to chat on discord. I keep most of my screen shots (2 gigs) while doing dps test along with logs.

Azarael

Post#223 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:15 pm

I have no idea what you mean by "base damage".

The tooltip calculates the damage, before mitigation, of an abililty, factoring in stat bonuses and weapon dps. It does so via the client and without our input. Unless you have damage percentage buffs active, like Nuthin' but da WAAAGH! for example, or score a critical hit on that target, you cannot hit a target harder than this.

The total of your damage, mitigation and absorption for an ability assuming no detaunt, guard, damage percentage modifiers or critical damage modifiers will equal or closely approximate the tooltip's value. Therefore I have no idea where you suppose that the extra damage is coming from.

Lileldys

Post#224 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:27 pm

I want to say that the stacking 15% flanking + masterful treachery/taste of blood was removed?

Cannot test right now, but I vaguely remember a patch some 2 years ago regarding this, same-ish time as WB ICD?

shebali

Post#225 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:46 pm

Azarael wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:15 pm I have no idea what you mean by "base damage".

The tooltip calculates the damage, before mitigation, of an abililty, factoring in stat bonuses and weapon dps. It does so via the client and without our input. Unless you have damage percentage buffs active, like Nuthin' but da WAAAGH! for example, or score a critical hit on that target, you cannot hit a target harder than this.

The total of your damage, mitigation and absorption for an ability assuming no detaunt, guard, damage percentage modifiers or critical damage modifiers will equal or closely approximate the tooltip's value. Therefore I have no idea where you suppose that the extra damage is coming from.
flanking + masterful treachery/taste of blood. When I am talking about damage I mean on a target, not tooltip.

Sulorie

Post#226 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:03 pm

shebali wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:46 pm
Azarael wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:15 pm I have no idea what you mean by "base damage".

flanking + masterful treachery/taste of blood. When I am talking about damage I mean on a target, not tooltip.
Wondering where you slot all the tactics, unless you skip crit chance or str tactic but then capping str is only possible with renown str.
Dying is no option.

Hrihor88

Post#227 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:51 am

Lileldys wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:24 pm
Hrihor88 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:11 pm Having Elixir of Insane Power in path of Suffering where WB having corporeal dmg and AW already ignore 100% of armor if you positioning right dont benefit of the New changes , where before you can use this elixir with the other finishers and optimizing the dmg in the rotation.
Just a 2 button class?
Use more skills, Envenomed blade stacks hard now, and is affected by EOIP(DOT is currently critting for 1.3k on unguarded squishies), along with BLB and SacStab granting 50% AA haste, it's a monster.
You dont have time to stacking 3 times against any properplayer before they react ( detaunt, Kb ecc )

Ravenfox

Post#228 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:12 am

For the hag queen and ruthless assault is less effective, it seems glitchy usually had 100% proc chance after 2 atleast sometimes it even used to be glitchy before and proc at the end
but the few times ive run it so far it feels very off
Edit:I think it had chance to proc on each second of the attack witch is why im thinking this. kind of missing it lol

Ads
Paura

Post#229 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:00 am

Hrihor88 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:51 am
Lileldys wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:24 pm
Hrihor88 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:11 pm Having Elixir of Insane Power in path of Suffering where WB having corporeal dmg and AW already ignore 100% of armor if you positioning right dont benefit of the New changes , where before you can use this elixir with the other finishers and optimizing the dmg in the rotation.
Just a 2 button class?
Use more skills, Envenomed blade stacks hard now, and is affected by EOIP(DOT is currently critting for 1.3k on unguarded squishies), along with BLB and SacStab granting 50% AA haste, it's a monster.
You dont have time to stacking 3 times against any properplayer before they react ( detaunt, Kb ecc )
This is very true, especially against classes like WL that in 3 skills disintegrates you "something that I find deeply unbalanced"