Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Client Changelog 25/08/2018

Post#1 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:13 am

[Abilities]

Azarael

Chosen
- Fixed an issue in which Discordant Fluctuation had a component-based internal cooldown, causing each player affected to be able to reflect damage only once every 2 seconds. Discordant Fluctuation's internal cooldown is handled internally and it is enemy-based - each target can only be damaged once every 2 seconds by a particular Chosen's aura.
- Discordant Fluctuation now correctly responds on attack and not on damage.

Engineer
- Electromagnet's pull applies as soon as the cast ends, instead of being delayed to match the animation.

Shadow Warrior
- Guerrilla Training is now Scout 7.
- Enchanted Arrows is now Scout 11.
- Enchanted Arrows now causes all attacks from the Path of The Scout to inflict Corporeal damage. Festering Arrow and Flame Arrow will also bypass 50% of your opponent's resistances.

White Lion
- Extensively reworked to be more functionally analogous to Marauder.

It's honestly easier to log one and look than it is for me to explain.

(Also, before anyone comments: I neither believe in nor care about the idea of a triple mirror on WH, WE, WL and Marauder.)

Zealot
- Ritual of Innervation has an ICD of half a second.

This ability was insanely overperforming on melee classes, especially fast attacking melee classes and AoE users.

Black Orc
- Da Toughest! now affects your entire group.
- War Bellows share a cooldown of 10 seconds.

Swordmaster
- Updated Phoenix's Wing in client tables to correctly illustrate its radius of 40 feet.
- Sapping Strike now requires Improved Balance.
- Sapping Strike's cooldown has been lowered to 5 seconds.
- Intimidating Blow reduces the target's morale by 200.
- Vaul's Tempering no longer has a cast time.
- Vaul's Tempering lasts 7 seconds rather than 5.
- Fixed an issue with Aethyric Dissipation causing it to apply the effect of Blessing of Heaven.
- Fixed an issue with Vaul's Tempering which caused the immunity to affect only the Swordmaster.
- Blade Enchantments share a cooldown of 10 seconds.
- Phantom's Blade has been reworked. It now has a 25% chance to improve Wounds on hit for your entire group.
- Heaven's Blade has been reworked. It now has a 25% chance on striking an opponent to buff your group with resistance against one of the damage types that the foe would attack with. If this is an armor type, your group gains a maximum of 990 Armor - if it is a resistance type, your group gains a maximum of 378 Resistance against that type. Monsters will always grant Armor. This Enchantment cannot trigger multiple times on the same attack.

My actual intent had been to have the morale drain used via Phoenix's Wing, which has been 40 feet in the DB since time immemorial. I had completely forgotten about Wrath of Hoeth's range.

Point was raised that having a balance requirement AND a cast time on Vaul's Tempering was excessive and prevented using the ability on reaction.

I see little, if anything, left to be done with this class.

Witch Hunter
- Hastened Expurgation is now a separate ability rather than a tactic. This ability shares a cooldown with Incognito.

Witch Elf
- Shadow Strike is now Shadow Runner, a separate ability rather than a tactic. This ability shares a cooldown with Shadow Prowler.
- Witchbrew's ICD is reported by the client to be half a second. It has been set to this value.

Response was that the tactic wasn't worth slotting but an alternative to standard stealth might see use.

Archmage
- Balance Essence and Energy of Vaul can no longer be defended against.
- Penetrating Siphon is no longer sent as a tactic.
- The healing value of Funnel Essence has been doubled.
- Storm of Cronos now correctly scales with the Path of Asuryan.
- The tactic Forked Lancing is now Radiant Burst - Radiant Lance and Radiant Gaze will additionally affect enemies within 20 feet of their target.
- The tactic Increased Conductivity is now Scorching Touch - Searing Touch's duration and tick interval are reduced by 50%.
- Bolstering Boon is now Isha 3.
- Wild Healing is now Isha 7.
- Wild Healing now reduces AP costs by 35% instead of 50%.
- New tactic Apotheosis added as Isha 11. Causes Cleansing Light to additionally cleanse all groupmates within 50 feet of the cleansed target. This cleanse will not trigger a shield.

Shaman
- I'll Take That! and Fury of Da Green can no longer be defended against.
- Gimme Dat! is no longer sent as a tactic.
- Scuse Me! now correctly scales with the Path of Gork.
- Pass It On is now Mork 3.
- New tactic Scrub Ya Gud! added as Mork 11. Causes Greener 'N Cleaner to additionally cleanse all groupmates within 50 feet of the cleansed target. This cleanse will not trigger a shield.

I received notification that lifetaps are not being used by some players because they are not entirely reliable. It is my view that healing effects should be reliable, so I have added the undefendable flag.

Funnel Essence was crap and has been significantly improved, and a fix issued for the problem where it would fail to cast if the target's HP was full at cast time.

Some general AM modifications. Radiant Burst may provide some small utility from Radiant Gaze's debuff, but primary intention was just a little better AoE flavour.

AM and Shaman have a more localized version of the group cleanse as another step towards competition with the other healers. I have long been unhappy with WP and DoK monopolizing this effect.

Slayer
- Violent Impacts has been rebuilt. Every 4 seconds, grants one stack of an effect which reduces the amount of Rage an Exhaustive Blow will remove by 25% of your maximum Rage. This effect stacks up to 3 times, and using an Exhaustive Blow both consumes a stack and resets the interval before another stack is granted.

If you're having trouble visualizing this, an Exhaustive Blow with 3 stacks of Violent Impacts will consume 25% of your maximum Rage, allowing the use of 3 Exhaustive Blows consecutively with full Rage (25%, 50% and 75% cost).

This tactic is to give the reliable ability to combine Exhaustive Blows to create burst and to get the best use out of Devastate.

Ads
notre

Re: Client Changelog 25/08/2018

Post#2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:39 am

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:13 am [Abilities]

Zealot
- Ritual of Innervation has an ICD of half a second.

This ability was insanely overperforming on melee classes, especially fast attacking melee classes and AoE users.
Two years waiting for the Zealot "tunning"....and still waiting.
8x -> Zealot
7x -> Magus, rSH, Sorcerer, Shammy Heal, mSH
6x -> Shammy dps
5x -> DoK , Wich Elf, Choppa, Chosen, BWizard
4x -> Mara
3x -> BG, Zealot dps
2x -> BO, 3rd Shammy

Azarael

Post#3 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:44 am

Sorry, I'm not psychic. What exactly are you talking about?

Lileldys

Post#4 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:46 am

A lot of good changes by the looks of it, inspecting WL now and good too see that you'll need some stance switching to maximize their DPS rather than pressing 1,2,3,4,5.
Will see how it goes on my destro tonight, whether they're free kills now or actually solid dps, or still the same overtuned nonsense.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:51 am

THANK YOU THANK YOU for staying away from the triple mirror of WL/Mar/WE/WH. Other than upping the WE/WH armor to medium (no worries, I can hear the screams already and know it wont happen), I love that there are three separate ways to mdps in either realm.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Arbich
Suspended

Post#6 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:53 am

Thanks for your work.

I don´t understand the Archmage changes. Balance Essence and Energy of Vaul undefendable means they even work when enemy has used ability/morale for 100% disrupt? Hold the line doesn´t matter? Sounds a bit OP and boring.

Funnel Essence wasn´t crap. It has its use in conjunction with desperation tactic. It was a bit underperforming for a 13 point ability, so a slightly buff was justified. 100% increase is maybe a bit to much.

The new tactic Apotheosis (Why another group cleanse? Why? :lol: ) will trigger hot for whole group if effect is cleansed and ishas encouragement tactic is also slotted?

The changes to dps AM seem also unneeded. The recent changes that dot ticks are undefendable were already a huge buff to the consistent damage of all dot-heavy classes.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Caffeine

Post#7 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:54 am

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:13 am Archmage
- Balance Essence and Energy of Vaul can no longer be defended against.

I received notification that lifetaps are not being used by some players because they are not entirely reliable. It is my view that healing effects should be reliable, so I have added the undefendable flag.
A step in the right direction but making lifetaps outright undefendable is definitely going too far. Lifetapping through Concealment or Shield Wall should never be a thing imo. I still think a better solution would be to rework Waaagh! Frenzy and Expanded Control as per my previous suggestion:

[Balanced Essence] and [I'll Take That] should have their base cost increased to 50 and [Waaagh! Frenzy] and [Expanded Control] should be changed to give a reduced cast time and provide their respective skill 10% strikethrough. Also, potentially make [Desperation] and [Aint Done Yet] provide a slightly smaller bonus but also kick in slightly earlier.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Azarael

Post#8 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:56 am

Functionally, the idea of a lifetap here is not that you have to hit the right target - it's that you have a heal that is conditional upon an enemy being within 100 feet. That's the limitation.

Ads
zumos2

Post#9 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:58 am

I think it would be fair to give choppa's this same cool tactic as they have the same orignial tactic and their 2h spec is also behind the 1h:

Slayer
- Violent Impacts has been rebuilt. Every 4 seconds, grants one stack of an effect which reduces the amount of Rage an Exhaustive Blow will remove by 25% of your maximum Rage. This effect stacks up to 3 times, and using an Exhaustive Blow both consumes a stack and resets the interval before another stack is granted.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

OgiWanBG

Post#10 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:58 am

Auuuuuu, what a beutiful patch :)
Optimuss - WL - rr57
Ogimir - SW - rr65